• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you most looking forward to next month? July 2017 Edition

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
None of that really appeals to me. I'm honestly glad. Too many good games have been coming out this year. I can go back and finish P5 and Yakuza 0.

Shin-Ra

FFXIItza.png

Probably. Maybe.

Gator86

Interested in Pyre because of the dev, but abysmal month overall. Splatoon 2 is the biggest name, I guess, even though 1 never elicited more than a "this is fine" from me.

Pyre, I rarely buy indies on PS4 anymore thanks to PS+ but Supergiant has 2 10/10 games for me so far....

If I had a Switch I'd be hyped for Splatoon 2 as well, everything else looks uninteresting though. Which is good since I still have a huge backlog.

Kureransu

Is final fantasy 12 an mmo or is it just a story driven game. Have been getting into jrpg's latley mainley persona but I will definitely give this a shot if good. Nothing else in July interest me...

I know it's been answered, but I'll reiterate and add.

It's pretty much played like a single player MMO. Thanks to the license board the characters can be fine tuned to how you see fit. There is additional system called the gambit system, which are commands you can give to you players so you don't have to manage all three and just focus on 1 or 2 if you'd like (for example, there is a gambit that yo can assign to a player that when a player falls below 20% cast cure on them. You can even control their aggro and what to do when they pull aggro).

I had so much fun with 12 and it's probably my favorite FF. I highly recommend it.

On Topc:
I'm getting splatoon 2 and i think that's it. was looking at Fate/Extalla, but I have too much of a switch backlog as it is. Not to mention my WiiU/PC backlog (i'm halfway through Tokyo Miarage sessions, just started Mirror's Edge, about 1 hour in firewatch, A few hours in Rise oft eh Tomb raider, Haven't even played the division yet LOL. I CAN'T BEAT THE LAST BOSS in XBC:X!!!! I don't want to grind to finsih it, but i've come so far.....

I have too many games.

Nameless

Nothing. Gonna focus on finishing Nioh, Gravity Rush 2 and getting some more Nier endings before the floodgates open again in August.

Just Splatoon 2 and the Euro release of Tokyo Xanadu day one for me. FF XII later.

Nice to have a quiet month to catch up on some Q1 stuff and prepare for the madness that is August I suppose.

I've already paid for Final Fantasy XII (gotta have that steel book!). Other than that, the only two games I plan on getting are Splatoon 2 and Hey! Pikmin. I miiiiiiight get Miitopia and Fate/EXTELLA, but probably not.

theBmZ

Probably gonna play the Crash trilogy with my brother. He's a big fan of those games. Me not so much. But I am interested to see the upgrades and improvements to gameplay, if any. After that, gonna continue trying to get through my backlog. Working on ReCore at the moment.

Speely

Banned
I have been looking forward to Pyre for a while now, so that.

Plus SPLATOON 2!!!!!! Gonna be a good month between those and the BotW DLC to keep me busy until they drop.

Kaji AF16

Nothing new for me to buy. July and August will be backlog months: I am currently very invested in World of Tanks, Dirt 4 and -since this night, thanks to the Xbox Summer Sale- Wildlands.

My next "at launch" titles are going to be Destiny 2 (September) and Forza Motorsport 7 (October).

Menitta

Splatoon 2. Splatoon 1 was my game of summer 2015. I really wish it came out sooner so it could be my game of the summer. Right now I have nothing.

John19

Neo Member
Splatoon 2, absolutely adored the first game and I can't wait to get into this one
I may pick up FF12 sometime down the line, but not sure yet

Keasar

Super Cloudbuilt of course!
:3

And also Pyre (looks so gorgeous) and FFXII (gonna finally play it till finish without loosing my savedata this time!).

SirNinja

The Destiny 2 beta and Final Fantasy XII TZA have me more than set for the month, alongside everything I scrounged up during the steam sale. Probably Miitopia as well, if the demo's good (haven't tried it yet).

Fishook

Nothing on list interests me whatsoever, I my find a hidden new release on Steam, Its just the crazy release schedule that annoys me at times.

Crom

So what's the deal with Splatoon 2 single player? Is it a whole new campaign? A copy paste of Splatoon 1 or a expanded version? I don't want to watch the direct, can someone give me a quickie?

It is a sequel so it is a brand new campaign. Looks really cool and even better than the original single player campaign

ranmafan

It's a big month with Gundam Versus and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age coming out. But there is one title for me that jumps over them all. Dragon Quest XI. I'm so pumped and ready to jump back into a great Dragon Quest adventure. And I'm really excited about not only getting to experience the grand graphic feast that the PS4 version will bring, but also the great 2d dq nostalgic experience that the 3ds version will bring. So super excited!

Top Bottom