• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you most looking forward to next month? July 2017 Edition

Previous threads:

January 2017
February 2017
March 2017
April 2017
May 2017
June 2017

And the summer continues! In this case, we have what's probably the least active month, possibly of the year. It looks like, in my case, I'll be playing my Crash N'Sane Trilogy, PS+ games from the past couple months, and the games I bought off the Midyear sale. FFXII could be a purchase down the line, but it's not day one for me.

I don't own a Switch yet, so Splatoon 2 isn't on my radar, but I imagine those of you with Switch systems have your eyes on that one!

4th

H0Tak2W.png

That's You! (PS4)

6th

Kirby's Blowout Blast (3DS)

7th

Accel World VS. Sword Art Online (PS4, PSVita)
Fable Fortune (XBO, PC)

11th

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)

18th

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4, PC)

20th

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Mobile)
Lone Echo (PC)

21st

Splatoon 2 (NS)

25th

Aven Colony (PS4, XBO, PC)
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PS4, PSVita)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (NS)
Pyre (PS4, PC)
Super Cloudbuilt (PS4, PC)

27th

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PC)

28th

Hey! Pikmin (3DS)
Miitopia (3DS)
Super Cloudbuilt (XBO)

Ikon

I'll buy Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4) at some point, but likely not until I intend to actually replay it.

Probably just splatoon 2 and backlog for me.
Also Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls actually came out on PC two days ago.

lilty

Splatoon 2 for me. Hoping some of my friends who I played the first game with will be able to find a Switch before it launches. I have an order for FFXII but I might cancel it.

daveo42

Banned
I'm looking forward to clearing out a few of the games I picked up over the past few months. XII would be on the list but I have so many 40+ hour games I really want and need to play that I don't see the need to replay XII.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I was initially going to say Splatoon 2 but the one-two punch of Miitopia and Hey! Pikmin is going to be delightful.

I'm going with Miitopia.

I love me some Splatoon but online multiplayer gives me anxiety.

So what's the deal with Splatoon 2 single player? Is it a whole new campaign? A copy paste of Splatoon 1 or a expanded version? I don't want to watch the direct, can someone give me a quickie?

Thewonandonly

Is final fantasy 12 an mmo or is it just a story driven game. Have been getting into jrpg's latley mainley persona but I will definitely give this a shot if good. Nothing else in July interest me...

Is final fantasy 12 an mmo or is it just a story driven game. Have been getting into jrpg's latley mainley persona but I will definitely give this a shot if good. Nothing else in July interest me...

I don't 100% remember everything, but I do remember you're more mobile like an action RPG, but it was clearly turn-based despite that. You had to wait to attack again as you would FF games that preceded it. There was also a gambit system so you could customize your allies' fight patterns however you wished.

My friend was so good at that that he was facing an optional boss, fell asleep, woke up, noticed all his characters fighting and healing, and went, "Wow, I'm doing pretty well."

Thewonandonly

I don't 100% remember everything, but I do remember you're more mobile like an action RPG, but it was clearly turn-based despite that. You had to wait to attack again as you would FF games that preceded it. There was also a gambit system so you could customize your allies' fight patterns however you wished.

My friend was so good at that that he was facing an optional boss, fell asleep, woke up, noticed all his characters fighting and healing, and went, "Wow, I'm doing pretty well."
Ready to be blown away.......

It's a story driven jrpg, played like and MMO as a single player game.

Interesting interesting

Is the story preety good cause if it is I might have to check it out after nier and persona 4 👌

Kirby's Blowout Blast (3DS)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (iOS)

Splatoon 2 (NS)

Pyre (PS4, PC)

Hey! Pikmin (3DS)

Miitopia (3DS)

for me.

Also OP: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PC). is already out on PC

Thankfully, nothing. I mean, I'll probably get Splatoon 2 at some point, but I'm fine with a month or two where I can just get going on Nier, Horizon, Yakuza, etc.

benzopil

You missed some great games OP.

Black The Fall should be an interesting game for Limbo and Inside fans. (11th)
Serial Cleaner looks fun and can be a "modern" Hotline Miami. (also 11th)

Final Fantasy XII (PS4)
Accel World vs. Sword Art Online (PS4??)
Fallen Legion (Vita)

I'm on a JRPG love affair this year as well.

GRaider81

Finally a month where i don't need to buy a game. Will give me time to get through some of my Steam sale stuff.

Will prob get splatoon 2 at some point though

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wow, slow month.

FFXII and literally nothing else. (Though I would get Splatoon if I owned a Switch)

Oh wait, maybe Pyre(will be busy with FF12 though).

Top Bottom