• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you most looking forward to next month? July 2017 Edition

StarPhlox

I'm actually happy to have a very, very light July so I can play catch-up and tear through the last remnants of the backlog.

Only game in July that I'll be picking up is Splatoon 2 which is also great because August is the most full it has ever been for me with games.

DukeBobby

The first month of the year where I'm interested in nothing.

I'm kind of glad, actually. This year has been crazy for games so far.

Definitely Splatoon 2, Hey Pikmin & Miitopia :D Kirby crept up as an interesting digital thing too, I only just realised what it was. Yonder might be good for the kiddo but going to wait on reviews for that one.

As a side point, I actually kept my Switch stored away all this time since launch so I'll be putting my hands on Zelda, Arms and MK8D for the first time too 😍 it's going to be a really great summer for games off the back of those. Think I'm going to pick up a 2ds Xl so pretty awesome for hardware too!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Cant wait for Splatoon 2.

Also getting FFXII HD for cheap.

Edit: Forgot about amiibo. Getting Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
tZC8f-6bdhCxHQWjAIn91MMW9RVCNyDy.png

Check out the demo if you haven't already. It's just delightful.

Eh, nothing really. I have Splatoon2 preordered, but I dunno though. With how much Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege I'm playing I should probably just wait until black Friday and see if I can get it cheaper then. Plus Life is Strange next month.... hhhmmm

I've got FFXII, Pyre, and DQXI all paid for and ready to go. This'll be my second time around w/ FFXII so I'm more looking forward to DQ. As for Pyre, I loved Bastion & Transistor, so can't wait to play Supergiant's next.

Splatoon 2 for sure, and possibly Pyre. I really enjoyed Super Giant Games previous releases Bastion and Transistor, but I haven't followed Pyre. I need to check out some game play videos of it.

tariniel

I have a passing interest in Kirby and FF12 Zodiac but not enough to buy them at launch/for full price.

Which is fine since I have plenty other stuff to play these days.

Indelible

Really excited for Splatoon 2 since I missed out on the first one and it should be a blast to replay FF XII on PS4

Splatoon 2 for sure! I loved the first game but didn't play it much due to lack of enthusiasm for my Wii-U. I will play the hell out of Splatoon 2 on Switch though.

I didn't realize that Pyre came out in July! I have it pre-ordered and I fully expect that game to be great. Normally I don't get too hyped for SuperGiant games prior to release, and then they wind up being on my "best of" list for the entire year.

Zutrax

Only really looking forward to Splatoon 2 and Hey! Pikmin. And my interest in Hey! Pikmin is more a passive one because I love the franchise, rather than the game itself looking great.

I love Final Fantasty but I'm one of those odd people who just really didn't like XII. The world was too "brown", the politics bored me, and I hated Vaan. So I'm probably passing on Zodiac Age.

It's a pretty bare month I feel, but that's good I have a lot of catching up to do.

jacobs34

I'm mostly looking forward to playing a bunch of games from the backlog before games like Destiny 2, Uncharted, Wolfenstein, Middle-Earth, WW2.

I'm halfway through Hitman: Season 1, and still have the Witcher 3 expansions and Wolfenstein to get through this month. July is a busy month for my wife and I with traveling, so I'll be lucky to even get through one of these games.

The only new release I'll probably sink any time into this month is the Destiny 2 Beta.

Splatoon 2 all the way!! When I first got together with my girl, we'd both been laid off from the same company then when we moved in together I introduced her to Splatoon. The company rehired me about 3 months after and she was still off for about a month after that. During that time tho she became addicted to Splatoon! at first she thought it was dumb but to this day its mostly what she'll always play along with FFXV. When Nintendo announced Splatoon 2, it opened the floodgate for me to have "Switchmas" with all the trimmins' (Amiibos, Zelda: BotW Master Sword Editon, pro controller, extra joy-cons) all cause Splatoon 2 was on its way! haha.

I'll also pickup FFXII as well.

I can't believe the little backlog I've acquired over the month of June already usually its dead for games this time of year. I grabbed CoD Modern Warfare Remastered, RPG Maker Fes, Valkyria Revolution and grabbing the Crash Trilogy tomorrow. The industry is finally learning I guess, idol time, eager wallets in the summer and theres money to be made.

Rogue Stormers - July 14th
World To The West - July 14th
8-bit Armies - July 18th
Aerea - July 18th
Destiny 2 Beta July 18th with pre order/20th everyone else
Fortnite - July 21st

Top Bottom