• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games have made you cry tears...

Zabuza

Banned
Of sadness, joy, or anger? Journey for joy. MGS3 and Tales of Symphonia for sadness. And when I was younger I would get really pissed at fighting games. I think I cried several times. I'm a baby, what about you?

xbhaskarx

box.jpg

nullset2

The only game that's ever gotten me emotional is Mother 3.
The final battle and the ending

Supposedly, my siblings finished all five episodes of the walking dead and the ending brought my sister to tears. None of us are ever moved by fiction like this. I gotta get around to playing the game myself.

There was a part in Tales of Legendia that made me tear up a bit, but I can't remember what it was.

Other than that, the usual stuff as a kid. FF7, FF10, Resident Evil 2, Crisis Core, other stuff I can't remember probably.

Can't think of anything for tears of rage. Maybe Star Ocean 3 with some of those extra bosses or Fire Emblem games.

Ponn

Banned
Recently I can only remember Walking Dead and Valkyria Chronicles (Marberry Shore, every damn time)

Roofy

KOTOR

I was really invested in it as a kid and when the reveal came, I was so overwhelmed I couldnt stop my eyes from tearing

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The ending of Half-Life 2: Episode 2 got to me big time.

Edit: Mass Effect 3 came close
(Anderson and Shepard dying while looking at Earth)
, but then they ruined the moment.

Yagharek

Four games in total have done this to me.

The first was Metal Gear Solid 3 at the graveyard/debriefing scene.
The second was Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, at the final cinema. That was a happy tear.
Third was Mario Galaxy and the damn storybook. Dust in my eyes everywhere.
the last and most recent was Skyward Sword and one of the ending farewell type scenes I won't mention specifically here.

Minion101

Banned
Episode 4 of The Walking Dead game

I posted this in the Story Discussion thread. About ten years ago my father made me help him bury our dead dog. It was very sad and to this day I can make myself cry on cue by thinking of it. The moment where the boy is getting buried with his dog affected me on a personal level because of this. It is absolutely the only time a videogame has made me cry.

Cheska

Stealth Walking Dead thread?

For myself, easily SotC
Not when Agro "died", but when he comes limping back up. I just lost it there
, and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Zack... :(

Oreoleo

As a child the last screen of Ocarina of Time kinda got to me

92408264_83d1329735.jpg

The way Link walks up, and Zelda turns around, unaware of who you are or what you did to save her and Hyrule ;_;

When I was younger, the endings of both Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy IX made me cry. Today, nothing comes close. Games still have a lot of maturing to do before that.

EDIT: I guess I should add that I'm optimistic for the near future, though. I'm still waiting for that heart-wrenching masterpiece, though.

Davey Cakes

Mother 3 had me crying like a little girl at the end. I had to walk to class wiping tears from my eyes.

I think the ending of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future also made me a bit weepy.

Also, I was very young when I played Final Fantasy VII. The whole Aeris thing definitely got to me.

Linconan

A few has made me upset.
But only one made me have tears.

Journey.

Only because i was thinking of my father before he died and i wanted him to play it (but couldn't) and hopefully just an ease feeling of comfort for him, hoping there's a sorta circle of life.

In Concept.
Born, journey, Die, Reborn.

Haven't been back to play it again though. Best game ever to affect my feelings.

Tears of LOL: Dying in Limbo. The deaths were so over the top absurd, I couldn't take it.

Sadness: Fragile. Just the whole damn game. That game is depression on a disk.
MGS1 Sniper Wolf, nuff said.

Top Bottom