• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Pokemon introduced FUSION?

Galang

Banned
What an unfortunate site. Years ago we put actual effort in our splices. There's no algorithm for a great mix.

I had tons of fun doing it too!

backthen.gif

This is so good! I love the mamoswine x togekiss fusion and it's whole evolution line the most! Awesome stuff

Majukun

can we hope to get new pokèmon added to that pokèmon fusion site or is an old site that will not be updated anymore?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just think 649 is a good number to leave it at and adding more Pokemon means features like fusion get more difficult and/or time consuming to implement well. At this point I'd value more gameplay additions than an increase in something there's already an abundance of.

You imply fusion is a good thing.

Look, it's dead now, can we not just leave it? ._.

Why is Virizion a girl? :(

Pokemon was fun when there were 150 of them. They're milking this shit so hard right now that they're out of ideas and make pokemon out of random household objects and fucking food.

vanillite.jpg

Haha, oh wow.

Neiteio

The more I think about this from a mechanical standpoint, the more it seems like a good idea. Again, limit it to 50 fusions... Make them alternate formes, listed under the same number as their first component Pokemon... Name them accordingly... And prioritize Pokemon where it would seem redundant to give them proper evolutions. For example, why give evolutions to both Plusle and Minun? It would be simpler to give them one shared fusion. Same for Pachirisu and Emolga -- fuse them into one flying squirrel (they're both squirrels, anyway), make it a strong Electric/Flying-type, and call it "Pachirisu [E-Pachirisu Forme]." It's a way to power up twice as many Pokemon with half as many new formes, and it could make for some fun designs. I don't see how this would be problematic. Again, it would be done in a smart and balanced way, essentially as an evolution alternative that gives greater potential to similar species (or dissimilar, as the case may be) that otherwise likely wouldn't receive an evolution.

MisterHero

Whatever takes the Pokemon away from natural animal existence feels weird.

There were experiments like Porygon and Mewtwo but Pokemon shouldn't be manufactured that way [in the game world]. Fusions like Slowbro are references to symbiotic animal cooperation.

It would make some sense if you could cross Pokemon over breeding. Domesticated animals resulted this way. It's common though for hybrid breeding to cause health problems for the resulting animal. Funnily enough, I used to think they were going to do that with when classic Gold & Silver came out (Ampharos looked like Lapras).

I thought genetic experiments like Mewtwo were the results of cruelty. The de-fossilization process has been depicted as harmless, so maybe it doesn't have to be that way.

HollovVpo1nt said:
Pokemon was fun when there were 150 of them. They're milking this shit so hard right now that they're out of ideas and make pokemon out of random household objects and fucking food.
Unova is a giant industrial city region and Pokemon evolved to live in those conditions. The original series had Pokemon that resembled human products like Voltorb and Magnemite.

I do agree in general the ideas feel less inspired, but there are many Pokemon that can choose their own forms now.

Boss Doggie

Unova is a giant industrial city region and Pokemon evolved to live in those conditions. The original series had Pokemon that resembled human products like Voltorb and Magnemite.

I do agree in general the ideas feel less inspired, but there are many Pokemon that can choose their own forms now.

The original game is as "less inspired" but people didn't catch because they were kids. :p

You should really check out Dragon Quest Monsters if you're into this concept.

I came to post this exact thing.

I think that DQ has some great monsters and DQM does is darn well. I can understand the potential of a Pokemon game similar to it though. Pokemon monsters are a bit more diverse and interesting in some regards.

udivision

My OT contrbution to this thread:

Stuff I made for a fangame 4 years ago!

Parastone
Type: Bug/Rock
iH5fj0rKngOdt.png

Kangaskid (evolves into Khan or King depending on gender)
iwuioiqS0zySh.png

Kangasking (male kangaskhan)
iiodXVbKLus2Q.png

Lumeon (normal eeveelution)
ibr2fFyM5shFyi.png

Butterpead (alternate evolution directly from caterpie skipping metapod.)
Type: Bug
i0Mwu7cRPq8BJ.png

Florasaur ("Dark" Evolution)
Type: Grass/Dark
i1rpCGmNCchoa.png

Charadon ("Dark" Evolution)
igzkow4HgAxFr.png

Tortank ("Dark" Evolution)
iDB5wzGHTZ0qv.png

Cyble (pre-evolution to Sableye)
ibxbYmF1rUoYbL.png

Castort (pre-evolution to Torkoal)
i6TDCq8ldK9zh.png

Armird (Armird => Skiron => Skarmory)
ibfCazAPOaks79.png

MisterHero

The original game is as "less inspired" but people didn't catch because they were kids. :p
No. A lot of later Pokemon look like they could be cheap Yugioh/Digimon castoffs. Many of the Generation 1's set is clear in their real-world inspirations(with obvious embellishments of course). They are focusing too much on legendary, event, and endgame Pokemon, which is why no one is really satisfied with Pokemon you have to explore the world to catch. Gen 1 caught on before any of that became marketing leverage and they only had a few abstract monsters.

My favorite gen is actually 3. I'm not a hater; I just tried to explain some of the logic that went into Unova region's Pokemon designs. :p

Boss Doggie

I'm surprised no one did Wailord fusion.

No. A lot of later Pokemon look like they could be cheap Yugioh/Digimon castoffs. Many of the Generation 1's set is clear in their real-world inspirations(with obvious embellishments of course). They are focusing too much on legendary, event, and endgame Pokemon, which is why no one is really satisfied with Pokemon you have to explore the world to catch. Gen 1 caught on before any of that became marketing leverage and they only had a few abstract monsters.

My favorite gen is actually 3. I'm not a hater; I just tried to explain some of the logic that went into Unova region's Pokemon designs. :p

Yeah it's true that they need to tone down legendaries per generation, but otherwise that doesn't make them any different (I still don't get the "buzzwords" used on describing mons like "abstract" or "realistic" since they are both abundant in all generations).

New Pokemon really look like shit. Like Cartoon Transformers vs Michael Bay Transformers.
image.php

Yep, they should totally stop basing Pokemon around inanimate objects and foodstuffs. That shit's ridiculous.
180px-081Magnemite.png

200px-102Exeggcute.png

130px-100Voltorb.png

Top Bottom