• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Pokemon introduced FUSION?

Ravidrath

I'd like to see certain Pokemon fuse, either by trading or leveling up / evolving at the same time.

They did sort of do a Fusion-ish thing with Shelmet and Karrablast. And I honestly expected them to do something like fusion with Plusle and Minun.

68.80.png

mabro

I can imagine the battle now.

Mabro used Focus Punch!
Mabro is tightening its focus!

Foe used Tackle!

Foe used Tackle!

Foe used Tackle!

Mabro lost its focus!

Neiteio

Every time I see this thread I shake my head and quietly whisper "No."
That's because you're thinking of it only in terms of the shitty (but hilarious) rush-jobs being posted by others here, and because you're assuming it would have to entail every Pokemon.

Again:

+ Limit it to 50 fusions
+ Classify the fusions as formes in the Pokedex, meaning they're listed under the same number of the first component Pokemon, like they did with Kyurem
+ Use fusions for Pokemon where it would be redundant to give them each evolutions

EXAMPLE:

Pachirisu and Emolga are both Electric-type squirrel Pokemon. To give them each an evolution would seem like a waste of space... Yet they're not all that strong individually. Why not give them a shared squirrel-based fusion? Since Emolga is also part-Flying, and there aren't many Electric/Flying-types, the fusion could be Electric/Flying, as well. It would be named "Pachirisu [E-Pachirisu Forme]," just like "Kyurem [Black Kyurem]" or "Kyurem [White Kyurem]," and would be listed next to Pachirisu under the same number in the Pokedex.

Fifty powerful fusions, made out of 100 Pokemon that otherwise wouldn't likely get evolutions. Plusle and Minun... Volbeat and Illumise... Solrock and Lunatone... Maybe Latios and Latias could even be combined into some sleek purple dragon. And the list goes on.

I'd also like to see the issue of weak Pokemon addressed in other ways, too. For example, Ampharos is one of my favorite Pokemon, but he is underused competitively. Perhaps there could be Hold Items released that function like Soul Dew on Latios and Latias -- essentially, they sharply boost certain stats by 50 percent on select Pokemon. More items like that would be great if they only targeted middle-of-the-road Pokemon like Houndoom, etc. ALSO, a new ability that allows the user to hold two items instead of one could nicely utilize these new items while not losing out on other item opportunities.

It would all be thoughtfully balanced and make a good chunk of unused Pokemon USABLE again. That's worth pursuing, I think. :)

Yep, they should totally stop basing Pokemon around inanimate objects and foodstuffs. That shit's ridiculous.
180px-081Magnemite.png

200px-102Exeggcute.png

130px-100Voltorb.png

As someone new to the series, there's been great and shit in each of them. The only ones I really knew going in have been Gen1 (due to their Complete Global Saturation) and Gen II - Gen V were largely a guess outside of the starters of course.

stktt

Banned
Pokemon was fun when there were 150 of them. They're milking this shit so hard right now that they're out of ideas and make pokemon out of random household objects and fucking food.

vanillite.jpg

Haha, oh wow.

I'm starting to think this is an automated response that gets posted in every Pokémon thread.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm starting to think this is an automated response that gets posted in every Pokémon thread.

Which is really a dumbfounded response, especially considering how awesome the Vanilite family is. Screw your Charizards and Dragonites, Vanilluxe will just Ice Beam them to death!

Neiteio

Which is really a dumbfounded response, especially considering how awesome the Vanilite family is. Screw your Charizards and Dragonites, Vanilluxe will just Ice Beam them to death!
Vanilluxe is awesome because he just looks like he's brimming with power -- goofy smile and all. I think it's the straw expelling ice-cold air, like he's so full of icy goodness that he can barely contain it all!

Neiteio

How about a "Charizard [Blade Forme]" -- the result of Charizard and Haxorus fusing, forming a flame-breathing, winged, bladed Fire/Dragon-type with Levitate!

Would make quite the badass cover Pokemon, but I wonder what his counterpart could be. Blastoise fused with...?

Boss Doggie

holy shit, the Krabby ones are amazing XD

2.98.png
6.98.png
43.98.png
48.98.png
50.98.png
56.98.png

I blame Krabby's face.

I used to have this toy

It's a really shitty Jogress/DNA evolution that didn't make sense at all. I was expecting like Slash Angemon but noooo we have to go do Dogu!

Also Pokemon's version Baltoy/Claydol didn't make sense to me in its typing (Ground/Psychic). It should be Ground/Fighting or something.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My OT contrbution to this thread:

Stuff I made for a fangame 4 years ago!

Parastone
Type: Bug/Rock
iH5fj0rKngOdt.png

Kangaskid (evolves into Khan or King depending on gender)
iwuioiqS0zySh.png

Kangasking (male kangaskhan)
iiodXVbKLus2Q.png

Lumeon (normal eeveelution)
ibr2fFyM5shFyi.png

Butterpead (alternate evolution directly from caterpie skipping metapod.)
Type: Bug
i0Mwu7cRPq8BJ.png

Florasaur ("Dark" Evolution)
Type: Grass/Dark
i1rpCGmNCchoa.png

Charadon ("Dark" Evolution)
igzkow4HgAxFr.png

Tortank ("Dark" Evolution)
iDB5wzGHTZ0qv.png

Cyble (pre-evolution to Sableye)
ibxbYmF1rUoYbL.png

Castort (pre-evolution to Torkoal)
i6TDCq8ldK9zh.png

Armird (Armird => Skiron => Skarmory)
ibfCazAPOaks79.png

These are pretty great. Good job.

Neiteio

I'm thinking more along the lines of:

+ Charizard [Blade Forme] -- Charizard X Haxorus (Fire/Dragon, with Levitate)
+ Blastoise [Armor Forme] -- Blastoise X Aggron (Water/Steel, with Regenerator)
+ Plusle (Sum Forme) -- Plusle X Minun (Electric/Psychic)
+ Pachirisu (Sky Forme) -- Pachirisu X Emolga (Electric/Flying)
+ Solrock (Orbit Forme) -- Solrock X Lunatone (Rock/Psychic)

Some notes about the above:

- Blastoise [Armor Forme] would have a similar form factor to Blastoise, but iron-clad with a horned helmet, armor-plated shell and twice the cannons, two on each shoulder.
- Charizard [Blade Forme] would have a similar form factor to Charizard, but with sturdy segmented skin, tusks on his face, and blades lining his limbs.
- The competitive community would call them Blastoise-A and Charizard-B, for short.
- The idea with Plusle [Sum Forme] is that when Plusle and Minun fuse, their minds combine to unlock their latent psychic ability, hence an Electric/Psychic-type
- The idea with Pachirisu [Sky Forme] is to take a squirrel (Pachirisu) and a flying squirrel (Emolga) and make a stronger flying squirrel.
- Both Plusle-S and Pachirisu-S (again, shorthand) could have similar form factors to Raichu, in keeping with the Pikachu line inspiration
- Solrock [Orbit Forme], or Solrock-O, would resemble a miniature solar system, with not only Solrock and Lunatone together, but numerous other astral bodies, as well

See? Selective fusions, which only work with certain Pokemon, and serve as an evolution alternative. I'm not talking about mixing everything willy-nilly. :)

Boss Doggie

I always wondered what would happen if Arceus went off his knockers and combined Dialga, Palkia and Giratina as a single entity.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Some Pokémon already necessitate the introduction of other pokeymen in your party to evolve or some crap like that. Also, Slowbro is technically a fusion of a Shellder and a Slowpoke.

Boss Doggie

Now that I think about it, the "Gen 1 only has 150 pokemon" is definitely true. Nidoran M/F, for all intents and purposes now that gender is official, should be merged as a single pokemon. Really wish another gen would incorporate that.

DonMigs85

Now that I think about it, the "Gen 1 only has 150 pokemon" is definitely true. Nidoran M/F, for all intents and purposes now that gender is official, should be merged as a single pokemon. Really wish another gen would incorporate that.

What about Gardevoir and Gallade?

Top Bottom