• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your biggest guilty pleasure food/drink wise?

DonJorginho

Banned
You heard the title Gaffers, I wanna know what shitty foods and drinks you know aren't good/good for you yet you still love to chow down and guzzle on like no tomorrow.

For me? Gotta be a Big Mac and Barr's Cream Soda, they both taste like shit and make me feel like shit after but I get the urge every now and again to get a good old can of Cream Soda and a Big Mac and feel right at home.

So, what are your guilty pleasures when it comes to beverages?

DESTROYA

Dunkin Dunuts strawberry coolata.
I get 1 once a week and brings me back to my childhood.
I know right I’m a wild and crazy dude.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
0003400000475_3_A1C1_1200.png

GymWolf

The more unhealty and filthy?!

I guess nutella frappè with tomarchio brioche for drinks (but it's pretty rare, like twice a year or less)
pizap.com14810664793354.jpg

And for food, i don't know, maybe a lot of mixed fried\breaded stuff in a single plate?! Something like this but with more unhealthy stuff in it?! Also pretty rare.
frittura-mista.pesce.jpg

For more common stuff i guess that slightly dried spicy boar meat is not exactly healthy neither, but i'm usually in a hyper-proteic diet so they are not that bad.

coppiette-maiale-02.jpg

KO7

I live within walking distance to a really good ice cream place. Let’s just say I’d be at least a few pounds lighter if that shop didn’t exist.

Raven117

A Prime Ribeye, seared on cast iron and cooked over open flame (either oak or mesquite coals). Grilled asparagus. Roasted fingerling potatoes spiced with thyme and a bit of rosemary and kosher salt. A Chateau Margaux First Growth Bordeaux. Wearing my custom made suit sharing a meal with beautiful women, listening to either Coltrane or Motzart's 5th concerto.

You heathens need to up your game.

Last edited:

spawn

Caffeine. In the morning I have a Rogue energy drink. Lunch time I might drive to Starbucks. At night after work I use my Keurig to make some coffee with my dinner.

Dark Star

Pizza Hut and Domino's pizza, breadsticks, wings, pasta, etc.

McDonald's burgers and fries

Popeye's and Chik-fil-A spicy chicken sandwiches

Coca-Cola (Coke, Coke Zero, etc)

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
They’re called yum yums in the UK but I think it’s just square shaped donuts but either way those dunked into a pot of extra thick double (heavy for our American friends I believe) cream.

Fucking lush.

Or a scone with Rhoddas clotted cream and strawberry jam.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Definitely pizza.

In 2020 i called out the pizza friday and started to make and eat pizza every friday.

It is a ritual. Took me over a year to find a recipe for perfect dough.

And beer. God damn beer.

GeekyDad

Pizza (either Papa John's or frozen Frescetta brick oven) and coffee. I've limited my coffee to one cup in the morning unless it's a special occasion, and pizza and other junk food I try to save for one day on the weekend. But man, when that one cup of coffee is gone in the morning, my heart yearns... :messenger_pensive:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This stuff.

640x640.jpg

It's about as fake as cheese can get but it's like crack to me. Big bag of Doritos and I can finish one of these off (7 portions, apparently) in a sitting while disgustingly scraping every inch of the stuff out of the jar. It's a problem. I have to avoid buying them because I know I'm a degenerate.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
koka noodles + chicken balls with curry sauce. usually i'll buy a bag of chicken balls + tub of curry sauce out my local chinese. the chicken balls go to the bottom, noodles on top, and drown them in curry sauce. fuckin beautiful! usually i get a craving for it when i'm drunk.

also, chips (fries for you americans) with either gravy or curry sauce and then put loads of grated cheese over it. fuckin lethal but amazing.

obviously both these are incredibly fatty and unhealthy. i don't eat them all the time lol just whenever i'm feeling like a right fuckin fat pig.

as for drinks... this is the best drink in the entire world:

5000382101468.jpg

i was addicted to it years ago. i remember having about TEN 2L bottles in my bedroom. that shit is like crack. i'd always have a bottle at my bed to sip during the night if i woke up. it's not as good as it used to be because the government put out a "sugar tax". there's less sugar in it now. people were so mad over this cause it's our "national drink" and created a kind of black market to buy the originall full sugar. people would spend stupid amounts of money for it.

i drink the non sugar variants now but every now and then i'll buy a "full" sugar bottle. i know it's not good but it's so damn good.

Last edited:

Fret Runner

Kebabs. No matter how hard I try, I can never fully escape the occasional urge for a greasy Kebab with chilli sause.
Always feel bleh after but screw it.

Drink wise I only drink water so can't add to that.

lachesis

Southern fried chicken.

I sometimes get this crave, that I can only think of fried chicken for days sometimes - maybe a couple times a year.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Pot Noodles.

What? Don't look at me like that.

1726721-potnoodlenormal.png.rendition.586.315.png

nush

Whenever these roll into town I’m down.

images

It took years for KFC to finally release these in China. When they finally did, they thought the best thing was to add a slice of Pineapple to it. That fucker was scolding hot and didn't cool down at all. It sucked the heat out of the chicken so it was impossible to eat until the whole thing was cold.

tumblr_pvtl4f5NPa1qbpmvho1_1280.jpg

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I prefer Wine over Beer. If I'm going to drink any alcohol, I will always prefer to drink white wine over most beers any day. Much more tastier and bearable to me.

Only reason I feel guilty over this is wine isn't typically a man's drink, I suppose. Depends largely on the setting.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Only reason I feel guilty over this is wine isn't typically a man's drink, I suppose.
I would not say that. Maybe in the early days of discovering alcohol.

When you grow older and develop a sense of taste i think it is completely normal for a man to drink wine.
Sometimes beer just don't fit.

I drink wine way to fast. I mix it with water or stay away from it.

bucyou

it looked like shit, but every once in a while after a wake and bake, there was nothing better than a mcd's steak egg and cheese bagel

rip in peace

Top Bottom