• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite berry?

Favorite berry?

• Total voters

nush

actress-halle-berry-arrives-for-the-world-premiere-of-john-news-photo-1587136216.jpg

If raw, then gooseberry.
gooseberriesDavidMarsden-a5080e95f76640638d1144f2742e454d.jpg

If jam, then lingonberry as with Ikea's sweddish meatballs it is unrivaled.
meatballs-swedish-12-piece__1056042_pe848186_s5.jpg

If artificial flavor, then strawberry as there are so many sweets that use it.
a22f6f82345547d32768e75fd41f8465.jpg

Fbh

Raw it's probably Strawberry, love them.
Weirdly though I've never liked them that much when "processed" in like Jam or Ice cream or stuff like that. And artificial Strawberry flavouring is just straight bad

Raspberries aren't as good as Strawberries raw but I much preferred them when worked into another format. Raspberry jam with no (or little) added sugar is amazing

Banana is a berry.

Wait really? if that's true then that's my answer.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I like em all, except dingle berries.

Your list is missing Mulberries. Those things are delicious and bountiful
I have mulberries in my backyard along the perimeter tree line, they’re pretty legit. Might make jam out of them this year if I can harvest enough to make it worthwhile.

Blackberries are my favorite, thinking of planting some in front of my house.

Codes 208

We have wild boysenberries and blackberries at our place, those are good.

Strawberries with rhubarb are amazing

Also bananas

Paltheos

Bananas technically apparently (learn something new every day).

Of items I've traditionally thought of as berries, blueberries hands down, although with the asterisk that most berries I've tried are too sweet. My favorite is St. Dalfour's blueberry jam which is just divine, my favorite spread period.

Liljagare

Åkerbär "Rubus arcticus" - hard to find, but make the most wonderfull stuff. Almost split on it though with Cloudberries.

wG8M0yw.jpg

Tams

As a fruit, blueberries. Blackberries and raspberries are very close though, though neither are berries (they are aggregate stone fruit).

I'm not a huge fan of processed blueberries though. Blueberry jam is nice, but pretty much every other berry jam is better.

Top Bottom