• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Midseason TV shows will you be watching? - 2013 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raydeen

I want Once Upon a Time to fail and be picked up by a HBO or a Showtime.

Such a great premise for a TV show, ruined by atrocious casting (Captain Hook? A fey Hipster? Sigh...) and bland, soapish directing.

Zero Hour looks interesting, but I can't invest time in another LOST / ALIAS search for clues only to be eternally frustrated show.

ivysaur12

Banned
Shit, there is way too many I'm going to be checking out. I'll have to check back and make some reminders.

I'm hoping The Following and Zero Hour are halfway decent and looking forward to the return of Touch.

Zero Hour is one of the worst shows in a while with a terrible mythology to boot. Stay away.

I want Once Upon a Time to fail and be picked up by a HBO or a Showtime.

Such a great premise for a TV show, ruined by atrocious casting (Captain Hook? A fey Hipster? Sigh...) and bland, soapish directing.

Zero Hour looks interesting, but I can't invest time in another LOST / ALIAS search for clues only to be eternally frustrated show.

That will never, ever happen. Once Upon a Time is a huge hit and makes a ton of money for Disney.

Holtz

New stuff i'm interested in:
The Following - This does look pretty amazing.
Transporter: The Series
Continuum
Vikings
Hannibal

Returning stuff i'm already following:
Person of Interest
Once Upon A Time
Justified
Last Resort
Bones
Arrow
Supernatural
Archer
Nikita
Spartacus: War of the Damned
Hawaii Five-0
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones

Raydeen

Zero Hour is one of the worst shows in a while with a terrible mythology to boot. Stay away.

That will never, ever happen. Once Upon a Time is a huge hit and makes a ton of money for Disney.

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy Once Upon a Time, it's just like Disney (ABC/NBC) decided to do an anti-Tim Burton and really dial back the fantasy, especially in the casting/design of some of the characters. How I rolled my eyes when Alan Dale turned up as 'The King' with his mock American accent.

About the same as last year:

- TBBT
- Once Upon A Time
- Revenge
- Happy Endings
- Cougar Town
- The Lying Game
- Fringe
- House of Lies
- Nikita
- Spartacus
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Walking Dead
- Mad Men
- Game of Thrones

I watch too much tv :(

smr00

Banned
Already watch these shows when they are on.

Justified
Shameless
House of Lies
Arrow
Supernatural
Workaholics
Archer
White Collar
Suits
The Walking Dead
Southland
Psych
Game of Thrones
Revolution

I do watch a few other shows on that list like Blue Bloods, Nikita, Hawaii Five, Person of Interest etc. but i save those for when nothing is really airing.

Might check out

Banshee
The Following
The Americans

I will probably check out Banshee because cinemax does a good job of picking up their shows, FX in the past has cancelled great shows like Terriers and Lights Out so i will most likely wait until i hear Americans has been picked up for a second season before devoting time to it and the same goes with The Following.

Dabanton

Has there been any word or early impressions of the Netflix shows?

I haven't seen any yet I was very leery about House Of Cards in particular when I heard about it. As the original was very of it's time and Ian Richardson was so damm good as Francis Urquhart.

Watching the trailer most of the original plot seems in place so fingers crossed it works well.

New shows I want to check out...

Spies of Warsaw
The Americans
House of Cards
Zero Hour (well, curious to see one episode anyway...)
Vikings
Da Vinci's Demons

New shows(at least half will either be dropped soon after the pilot or cancelled)-

Spies of Warsaw
Kroll Show
Legit
Continuum
Newsreaders
The Following
The Americans
House of Cards
Zero Hour(will at least check out the pilot)
Orphan Black
Hannibal
Goodwin Games
Derek

Returning(not including shows that were just on break)

Touch
Justified
Shameless
House of Lies
Californication
Totally Biased
Survivor

Looking at my list and taking into account this doesn't include shows that started in the fall, I am glad not too many shows(outside of comedies) have made it past one season the last couple years.

Fake edit: Forgot all about East Bound & Down supposedly having another season.

Will watch The Bachelor. Actually this reminds me that I will need to put up a thread for that and get the typical 10 posts it gets every year.

Raxus

The midseason TV season is starting pretty soon, so I thought I'd ask everyone which shows they're looking forward to?

Here's a list of new and returning shows for the midseason. Click their names to go to the associated GAF thread:

January

Saturday, 5

Green Lantern: The Animated Series - Cartoon Network - 10/9c A.M.

Young Justice - Cartoon Network - 10:30/9:30c

Monday, 7

Castle - ABC - 10/9c

Tuesday, 8

Cougar Town - TBS - 10/9c (I will DVR because...)

Justified - FX - 10/9c

Thursday, 10

30 Rock - NBC - 8/7c

Friday, 11

Fringe - Fox - 9/8c

Thursday, 17

Parks and Recreation - NBC - 9:30/8:30c

Archer - FX - 10/9c (lana...Lana...LANAAAAAAAA!)

Newsreaders - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Friday, 18

Kristen Schaal: Live at the Fillmore - Comedy Central - 12/11c

Monday, 28

RuPaul's Drag Race - Logo - 9/8c (Sickening!)

Wednesday, 30

The Americans - FX - 10/9c (Will check out)

February

Thursday, 7

Community - NBC - 8/7c (****ing finally)

Tentative Spring

China, IL - Adult Swim

Legend of Korra - Nick

I checked multiple TV listings, so I hope all of these dates/times are correct. If anyone notices any errors, please let me know so I can fix them. :)

Where is my Downton Abbey and Venture Bros.?

I might check out a few new shows (which I deleted off the list) but I already have a full plate. Also add OUAT to my list as well.

Shows I am pumped for:
Archer
Ru Paul's Drag Race
Community
Parks and Recreation
Justified
Newsreaders
Venture Bros.
Young Justice

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh shit, American Horror Story comes back tonight? I thought that was two weeks from today! D: Gonna watch that tonight for sure.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Returning shows I will be watching.....

Raising Hope
Joe Schmo
Justified
Modern Family
30 Rock
The Office
Workaholics
Archer
Parks and Rec
Tosh.0
Community
The Walking Dead
Survivor
The Amazing Race
Psych
The Burn with Jeff Ross
Game of Thrones
Eastbound and Down
Mad Men
Veep
The Borgias

New shows that will get a shot.....

Banshee
Newsreaders
The Americans
1600 Penn
Vikings
Ripper Street
Spies of Warsaw
Kroll Show
Legit
House of Cards
The Jeselnik Offensive
Inside Amy Schumer
Da Vinci's Demons
Hemlock Grove

With that many new shows I'm going to have to be very picky.

Season's over.

I think we're the only ones that are gonna check out Cult. The hell, guys? It looks so trippy.

Looks interesting but it's on network televsion. If it were on FX instead of Fox it would be on my list. If it makes it past season 3 I might give it a shot like I did Friday Night Lights.

None of the new shows look interesting on basic tv.

So what I've been watching:
Raising Hope
Go On
The New Normal
Survivor
Once Upon A Time

plus Touch coming back on air.

Wale Wars
Reality Show

Young up-and-coming rapper Wale embarks on a national awareness campaign to promote how to properly pronounce his name. Formerly named Wale World, formerly named Wal-E, formerly named Sound It Out: Wah-Lay. Look, we’re gonna keep renaming this thing until you bastards get it right.

Producer: Sade (pronounced Sadie)

Real Jumpoffs of Decatur
Reality Show

While the Real Housewives are out being sassy and feisty, meet the younger, more attractive women their husbands are bumping with on the low. Cover a rent check, knock out a car payment, take that bitch to an out of town Shoney’s for buffet — that’s all the maintenance required to hold these ambitious young women. (This series is now gun free, after last season’s unpleasantness.)

Producer: Anger Falcon

True Life: Tru Life
Reality Show

MTV’s groundbreaking documentary series comes to Trifetime, chronicling the wacky misadventures of the frustrated NYC rapper. This week, Tru ponders whether being signed to Dreamworks, brought into Jay-Z’s camp, or charged with murder was more detrimental to his career.

Producer: Chroo Lyphe (No relation)

Flippin’ Out…With Kanye West
Reality Show (Tenuous Connection To Actual Reality)

Trifetime unoriginal series following Kanye as he purchases homes and sells them at will. Hijinks and shenanigans ensue as Kanye interacts with people. This week’s episode finds Kanye frustrated by his unsold Miami Beach condos, attempting at one point to hijack a crane while crying, “I paid for all this sh*t!” Special appearance by Betty White for some fucking reason.

Producer: Kenny K

Drake’s Cakes By The Great Lakes
Reality Cooking Show

Trifetime slices into the cake baking show game as former Degrassi High television star, and newly-appointed hiphop sensation Drake opens a cake shop in his native Ontario, Canada. Wholesomeness ensues. This week, the rap singer frets as his staff is simultaneously commissioned to bake a 5 tier red velvet wedding cake for a Tennessee couple, and a giant half chocolate, half white cock cake for a bachelorette party in Las Vegas.

Producer: Kanye West

Cake BAWSS
Reality Cooking Show

Don’t look at us sideways, playa. Yeah, we have two cake baking shows. And what! Rick Ross also premieres his Trifetime show, filmed live in front of an incarcerated studio audience. Not much actual baking is accomplished this week as Rick spends much of the episode replying to the many rappers he has beef with and wallowing in self-pity. The episode ends in a disgusting fit of batter licking, frosting fingering, and sprinkle snorting.

Producer: A. White

Dancing with the Muthafu&@*n’ Hood Stars
Dance Competition Show/Gang Recruitment Platform

Celebrities learn and perform the Crip Walk and all its ridiculous variations, judged by a panel of people who would think nothing of murdering them. Watch the excitement build and signs flash as DJ Aladdin drops the beats! This week, fan favorite C-Rayz Walz gets “eliminated” when it is discovered that his name’s likeness to c-walk is not a predictor of his ability to do it.

Producer: WC (Maad Circle declined participation)

http://www.stateofyo.com/trifetime-television-for-thugs-august-2010/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nice job on the thread Ratsky, but given the title ... wouldn't it have made more sense to not include returns (shows that already started their season in 2012)?

I just wanted the first post to be the regular schedule; not just to show when the new shows are premiering, but to remind people when their favorite "current" shows are returning.

I think your date for Defiance is incorrect Ratsky. The 15th of March isn't a Monday.

Oops! Fixed!

Isn't Ray Donovan expected to debut this spring as well?

I believe that it just has a TBA 2013 date at the moment. It could be spring or summer.

Also, where the hell is Burn Notice? I'm almost caught up...

Should be summer.

If anyone wants to see terrible TV, Zero Hour is a glorious trainwreck in the likes of something we haven't seen in a while.

Also, Ratsky, you forgot Bates Motel.

I'm going to watch Zero Hour. Partly for the awfulness and partly because I want a 'Z' show on my followmy.tv list. XD

Added!

Has there been any word or early impressions of the Netflix shows?

I haven't heard anything at all regarding the Netflix shows.

Where is my Downton Abbey and Venture Bros.?

Downton Abbey is on January 6 - no word on Venture Bros.

American Horror Story
Justified
Fringe
Supernatural
Workaholics
Spartacus
The Walking Dud
Game of Thrones
Eastbound and Down
Mad Men

When is Luther coming back? My body is ready for more Luther.

All I want to know is if Eagleheart and Delocated are coming back.

Two of the funniest shows on television.

Anyone heard anything?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also when the hell am I gonna get season 2(3) of Burning Love Yahoo!?!?!?!!?!?!

Season 2 and 3 of Burning Love just have a "2013" date at the moment. I will update the thread when their premiere dates are announced.

When is Luther coming back? My body is ready for more Luther.

Summer/fall, I'd imagine. They began production in November, so it's probably still a ways away.

All I want to know is if Eagleheart and Delocated are coming back.

I searched and couldn't find anything about either show.

Clevinger

I think I'll give Cult a try for Robert Knepper. I've liked him ever since Carnivale, and he single handedly managed to make a terrible and horribly acted show like Prison Break enjoyable at times.

Leeness

I asked in the thread for the show but I may as well ask here as well...

Does anyone know what is happening with BBC Africa in Canada? I was looking for it today, nothing. But I don't think I have BBC One.

It should be on Discovery on the 8th, at 10/9c. ...But nothing on my guide. :< Any idea when it's supposed to be on Discovery? Or if Discovery is randomly excluding Canadians?

Definitely Watching:
The Office
Parks and Recreation
Archer
How I Met Your Mother
Community
The Walking Dead
Survivor
Legend of Korra
New Girl

Might Watch:
Go On (stopped watching after a few episodes, but I'm hoping it got better since I think it has a lot of potential)
The Celebrity Apprentice (hit or miss, either the funniest show on TV or drawn out and annoying)
Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan (this is the first time I've heard of it)
Eastbound and Down (hated the last season, loved the other ones)

Watching first episode to see how it is:
House of Cards
Derek
Hannibal

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Isn't Ray Donovan expected to debut this spring as well? I have big doubts about the show but am keeping an eye on it nonetheless.

Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex would be mid-April debuts at the earliest, considering that'll be around when Showtime's initial 2013 shows end. I don't think anyone knows how Showtime is scheduling those and their other returning shows for April through August.

Strike

Family Guy
American Dad
The Mindy Project
The Office
Arrow
Parks and Recreation
Real Time with Bill Maher
Glee (Bailing out after this season)
Community
The Walking Dead
Eastbound and Down
Mad Men
Venture Bros.
Young Justice
South Park

Quick

Banned
I just read the blurb on Amy Schumer's show: is it just me, or does it sound sort of like a Louie clone?

ivysaur12

Banned
I just read the blurb on Amy Schumer's show: is it just me, or does it sound sort of like a Louie clone?

Why is that necessarily a bad thing? She's one of the most talented female comedians. It'll probably end up being a lot more crass than Louie, but I'm absolutely okay with that model being copied.

Will continue to watch:

Community (Final Season :( )
Fringe (Final Season :( )
Person of Interest
Once Upon a time (not sure if I should stop watching)
New Girl
Game of Thrones

Family Guy
American Dad
Cleveland Show
Bobs Burgers

Want to start watching, if I find the time:

Breaking Bad
Mad Men

I hadn't realized that there were trailers up of House of Cards until yesterday, I am now very excited for it, looks great.

Decado

Awesome thread! A lot to look forward to and I'm hoping the new shows I'm most interested in pull it off.

Vert boil

I was surprised that Bomb Girl got a second season.

bombkpupb.gif

Transporter is a good naff show. The first twenty minutes you'll think it's the worst program ever then it gets naff and fun.
+boobies

I have a feeling that 1600 Penn won't be completely shit. The pilot got slightly better towards the end.

beat

Been back in Canada for the holidays. I saw a promo on CityTV for a new sitcom I've never heard of called "Seed". (Flaky go-nowhere bartender guy turns out to be the sperm donor bio-dad for three different families, if I understand the premise correctly.) Turns out it's a Canadian-made sitcom.

I'm cautiously hoping it'll be good, but I've never really liked made-in-Canada comedy shows. Air Farce is miss-and-hit, Corner Gas never grabbed me and neither did Little Mosque, and InSecurity was like a bad half-hour version of NTSF.

[edited because I accidentally posted too soon] I'll check out:
* Transporter the Series as I'm not currently watching any action shows
* Continuum because I'm a sucker for time travel
* maybe Second Generation Wayans for an ep or two just for (1) residual love for In Living Color and (2) because Damon Wayans Jr. turned out awesome
* Kroll Show
* Newsreaders for CH/NTSF love even if I don't like the Newsreaders eps of CH that much
* The Following
* The Taste
* The Americans
* mmmmmaybe Do No Harm
* House of Cards
* kinda feel that Asian-American obligation to at least check out Monday Mornings
* The Ben Show
* How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest Of Your Life)
* (morbidly curious about how the Defiance MMO/show integration will work out)
* hey, isn't Rectify the same premise as NBC's Life?
* Inside Amy Schumer
* Save Me - but only cause ivy keeps saying it's great
* Hannibal - because Bryan Fuller deserves a lifetime pass
* Friend Me (just kinda curious to see how this shakes out, esp with the Groupon tie-in ... I don't have faith in Groupon's business model.)
* The Goodwin Games - sounds like an overwrought premise, but Becki Newton's charming enough to warrant a trial viewing.
* Masters of Sex

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Added to the OP -

Parade's End - HBO Premieres on February 26, 27, and 28.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Rebecca Hall and Adelaide Clemens star in this epic story of love and betrayal, set during a formative period in British history, from the twilight years of the Edwardian era to the end of World War I. Based on the quartet of novels by Ford Madox Ford, the five-part miniseries was adapted for the screen by Tom Stoppard and directed by Susanna White.

Family Tree - HBO Debuts this spring.

A1jMb.jpg

A single-camera, documentary-style show in the manner of the acclaimed feature films of Christopher Guest, this new series stars Chris O’Dowd as 30-year-old Tom Chadwick, who recently lost his job and girlfriend, and has an unsure sense of his own identity. When he inherits a mysterious box of belongings from a great aunt he never met, Tom starts investigating his family lineage and uncovers a whole world of unusual stories and characters, acquiring a growing sense of who he and his real family are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom