• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What should DC do next to salvage DCEU? Fire Snyder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
They should push some of their B-list heroes and go ham with diversity. Beat Marvel to the punch with a Muslim superhero (Doctor Fate) since they're not going to do Ms Marvel anytime soon, and maybe an Asian superhero (Atom) since Iron Fist is still white. Diversity gets people to actually go to the movie who might not otherwise, which alleviates some of the risk that comes with using characters that aren't as well-known.

ReiGun

They should push some of their B-list heroes and go ham with diversity. Beat Marvel to the punch with a Muslim superhero (Doctor Fate) since they're not going to do Ms Marvel anytime soon, and maybe an Asian superhero (Atom) since Iron Fist is still white. Diversity gets people to actually go to the movie who might not otherwise, which alleviates some of the risk that comes with using characters that aren't as well-known.

Katana_(Karen_Fukuhara).png

Solo film pls.

ReiGun

Thank god for that armband, I would have never suspected she was Japanese without it.

I've always taken more issue with the giant red sun on her mask.

Her name is Tatsu Yamashiro. Her codename is Katana. DC....fam...pretty sure anyone can figure out she's Japanese without you putting it on her got damn face.

MrFatCat

Banned
The only one who need firing is the OP, Snyder is fine. He made a fantastic movie. I and many others, enjoy it. And Snyder won't answer to you. Not even i think, to God.

Here's what they should do after thinking about this for a couple of days:
-Get an actual producer who can oversee everything and fit the pieces together: Timm, Geoff Johns, hell even Jim Lee but DC need their own Feige

-Fire Snyder. He isn't needed and his sense of tone doesn't mesh well at all with the DCU. Get somebody new and energetic that can do Justice League... justice.

-Suck Ben Affleck's dick and get a stand alone Batman film up and running asap.

-Go ahead with Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Those can stand on their own just fine.

-Scrap Aquaman and Cyborg. None of those are interesting enough to carry a feature, replace Aquaman with the aforementioned Batman movie and replace Cyborg with a Teen Titans movie.

-Go ahead and make that two part Justice League movie, just redo and delay it for a year. One again Wonder Woman and Batman can stand on their own as major blockbusters.

And there you have it. This is how you can salvage the DCEU.

Forkball

The whole schedule is baffling and rushed. Having two Superman movies before the big team up is understandable, since Marvel did the same thing with Iron Man. But while Marvel built up Hulk, Cap, and Thor, DC is giving us half of a Batman movie, a Wonder Woman movie, and then Suicide Squad for some reason before the big team up. I think you should at least have Supes, Bats, WW, and maybe Flash have a movie before the big team up. Everyone wants to see Superman vs. Batman, but do you have to do it IMMEDIATELY? Marvel is doing their own Batman vs. Superman this year, but only after years of build up and there is much more emotional weight to the story and interest in how its going to change the MCU. I don't see WB changing much though. BvS should make a ton of money, and JL probably will too. It should be interesting to see how the solo films fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom