• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were the most blatantly offensive topics/posts you've seen on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides, there's worse trolls than "Lol jesus sucks" anyways. That's just lashing out and they will learn they can't convince people that way. But how do you feel about that religious canuck76 out there who is PROUD to support homosexuals=animal rapers? Now THAT is far worse than any rude atheists.
I think some people you just can't bother giving your views to and open up their minds because of silly statements they make lol. It definitely is one of the worst things I've seen on this site.
Edit: find it funny he seemed to ignore Stinkers post

Enco

I get the feeling you want to compare having ideological differences with religious people to being a racist, sexist, etc. and I very much disagree with that reasoning.
Have you been in a religion thread?

"OMG THOSE RELIGUS MORONS!!"

"uRGh world wud be better without dem religious ppl"

"Religion is stupid and ruins the world"

95% of the posts are similar to the above comments.

This is very ironic, given that if you look 5 inches above your post you see religious people arguing raping animals is the same as being gay.

I'd seriously, no sarcasm, would like to hear your opinion on tolerance there.
Because all religious people think the same right? That's the attitude that's the problem.

A thread about how a religious man does something crazy? Call out all religious people.

It's easily the worst part of GAF.

Orayn

Have you been in a religion thread?

"OMG THOSE RELIGUS MORONS!!"

"uRGh world wud be better without dem religious ppl"

"Religion is stupid and ruins the world"

95% of the posts are similar to the above comments.

I agree that these types of posts are annoying and relatively common, but I really disagree with your math.

Besides, there's worse trolls than "Lol jesus sucks" anyways. That's just lashing out and they will learn they can't convince people that way. But how do you feel about that religious canuck76 out there who is PROUD to support homosexuals=animal rapers? Now THAT is far worse than any rude atheists.
Why can't we all just get along? Why do we need to make tier lists for insults?

Hater's gonna hate puts you on instant ignore. I hate that saying with all of my being, but other than that I don't think I have ever been offended by gaf. I have seen some comments that are hard to believe, but it's whatever.

I rarely get offended by things on this site. Now if you want to get easily offended go to /pol/ right now I guarantee there is either a racist, sexist, or anti semitic thread. Once you go there often enough the threads become comical. Though probably half of those threads are troll threads.

Bringing any 4chan board into this is cheating!

Any thread menioning any part of the Arab world.

1. All arabs are terrorists.
2. All arabs are muslims
3. All links posted centre on a few guardian articles about how arabs mistreat expats.
4. "i will never.visit any arab country"

The people criticizing religion are not really that extremist, is just group polarization that makes them believe they have such attitudes, (of course there may be exceptions). So there is no need to think they do so with intent of being offensive, they may think it is the norm. The first thing that people have to take into account is that people in message boards also feel normative, and informational pressure; and that their opinion, or what seems to be their opinions are constantly being shaped by social pressure. Not to mention, that opinions like these barely reflect what type of decisions the person makes.

Emitan

The guy who said if you're transgendered it should literally be the first words out of your mouth to any person you meet for the first time. Yes. Literally.

Bgamer90

Banned
I wasn't on GAF at the time but the threads about GTA San Andreas were pretty bad (I read through them years later).

I wasn't on GAF at the time but the threads about GTA San Andreas were pretty bad (I read through them years later).
Haha yes this. I honestly had to stop reading that thread.

Oh and the black people don't tip didn't offend me, but it makes me think twice about how much I should tip lol.

Orayn

@tguy what san andreas thread?

There's a really old thread from when GTA San Andreas was announced that had a bunch of people saying they wouldn't be able to relate to a black main character and how the game was already ruined because of it.

Sometimes I wonder if the mods aren't a little trigger-happy with the bans, but I think that strict standard of conduct(relatively speaking) is a huge part of what makes NeoGAF the one kinda-not-insane gaming forum on the internet, and consequently also the most entertaining, articulate and influential(again, relatively speaking).

There's a really old thread from when GTA San Andreas was announced that had a bunch of people saying they wouldn't be able to relate to a black main character and how the game was already ruined because of it.
Thanks, was trying to find the thread, but I'm having a hard time finding it

Esch

Banned

jesus christ
snoop+facepalm.png

noah111

Still Alive
Funniest part is all the banned posters in the thread...all apart from the person who posted the comment!
Well it's been quite a while.. he got banned for a good length. As for the rest of the bans, you're just witnessing the natural circle of life on GAF.

It's a fact. Now it's a difficult fact. It's a complicated fact, but the old testament, where Christians who are opposed to homosexuality pick and choose bits of Leviticus that won't get them stoned to death (for wearing two different fabrics, for example) to confront homosexual behavior they don't like. I think if Christians (and others) took the entire bible as literally as those cherry picked passages, then they would have an argument to say, 'I can't help it, it's the literal instruction of god.' but the fact that there are literally HUNDREDS of passages they ignore because they seem outdated or barbaric shows how much choice and disrespect is actually at play here.

If your pastor insisted that you stone women to death for having a child out of wedlock, you might leave that church. But hate the gays? Prevent them from living in peace and love? Ok that's fine. That's choice. That's agency. That's cherry picking. And that's on you.

You're pretending your belief is somehow immobile and beyond your control. That is nonsense. You are choosing the entire thing, as well as its components and you aren't applying a single filter to the belief.

I would love to see Canuck76 respond to this post, but sadly we know that will never happen. The only joy I get is the thought that he has most likely read it, and definitely felt like he could not possibly come up with an adequate response to such an intelligent post, and took the cowardly way out by ignoring it.

You should definitely do that, as long as it isn't in a disrespectful tone I don't see how it could be construed as rude, you are simply reminding him of an important post in the topic that he should respond to if he actually wants to make an argument for his side of things. I can pretty much guarantee he has already read the post though and chose to ignore it, so I don't know how much good it would do.

It always amuses me the amount of Christians, Catholics, Muslims, etc that have sex out of wedlock. Among other things. But only from those who like to get on their high horses and demean everyone else.

A year and a half ago, Sony had retroactively removed the OtherOS feature in consumer's PS3 consoles, and were demanding IP address from YouTube and Slashdot for anyone who dared to view a video that contradicted its corporate mandate. This was all because George Hotz enabled homebrew to be possible on the PS3.

Some people in the gaming section were demanding that George be raped for his crime against Sony.

In those hundred-page-threads, there were enthusiasts literally and specifically describing fantasies in which Mr Hotz would be dragged to prison and sexually assaulted for his supposed crimes. Because he displeased their corporation.

It really, really offended me. More than anything else I've seen on here, actually.

Shall I PM the quote to him and say we want a response, or would that be kinda rude?
How on earth would that be rude? You have beliefs of what is right and wrong, and you believe that it is RIGHT that he doesn't leave a conversational topic that he started! In fact, it would be rude of him to disrespect your views and NOT answer. Unless he's one of those postmodernist types. Or something.

UrokeJoe

Shaping up? Half the people on the first page should have been banned. Worst thread I've seen in a while.

The first page huh. Didn't really see much there that was ban worthy. Glad your opinion doesn't count. It's a hot debatable topic for sure, but you must be one sensitive twitchy kind of edgy motherfucker that if things are not seen your way you drop a hammer.

Canuck76

Banned
You should definitely do that, as long as it isn't in a disrespectful tone I don't see how it could be construed as rude, you are simply reminding him of an important post in the topic that he should respond to if he actually wants to make an argument for his side of things. I can pretty much guarantee he has already read the post though and chose to ignore it, so I don't know how much good it would do.

Is there not a gay marriage debate thread of some sort?

I don't think the LGBT thread would be appropriate

Because all religious people think the same right?
No, of course not. I mean, something like 70% of the country is Christian, but only 50-55% of the country wants to see gays remain second class citizens. We should in no way hold religion responsible when only around 72% of religious people are pernicious bigots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom