• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you change about the PS3?

Aisenherz

Banned
rofl @this thead
Nice meeting for all fanboys

Odysseus said:
Their decision to use Blu Ray is one that might win them the next-gen DVD war, but it certainly will make this console race closer than it has any business being.
BS! Without Blu-Ray, the PS3 would be less interesting for me

davepoobond said:
what version of Paint do you have?

i have the one that only lets you save in bitmap.

and for the record, i think the 360's controller has cheapish plastic

What?!

The 360 controller is damn-near perfect. What's wrong with the plastic?

Pimpbaa

-The price (a big duh here), probably around 399 in US dollars.
-Ditch everything that is unrelated to gaming (except for maybe the ability to play blu-ray movies).
-External PSU to reduce size, reduce heat buildup, and to reduce costs in general.
-1 model, no basic and premium models.
-720P standard that developers must optimize their games for resolution(this would maximize graphic fildelity while still being HD)
-A minimum of 2X AA and 4X AF standard that developers must adhere to (perhaps beef up the video ram bandwidth to acheive this more easily)
-Allow developers to use dvd for ps3 games (to reduce costs if they wish, much like a lot of developers released ps2 games on CD at first).

Johnny said:
1) Scrap the $600 model altogether. I agree.
2) WiFi standard, noone likes messy cables and it'll mesh well with PSP's WiFi. Please die, WiFi is blows ass for gaming
3) PS/PS2 memory card slots built-in, dongles blow. If they can out a CF slot they can fit a PS2 card slot.
4) Replaceable battery packs. Meh
5) Proper concave triggers, racing games demand it. Again, meh, if you are going to bitch about controls for a racing game get a wheel.
6) Component and HDMI cables in every box, this is the HD era for crying out loud. Agree
7) 1080p PS/PS2 games, PS is emulated from what I understand so what's the excuse? It'l happen when their EMU software is good enough, part of afirmware upgrade.
8) MGS4 at launch, okay maybe I'm asking for too much now. ...

Those are my nitpicks, I don't think I left a stone unturned so good luck people.
I'll take an IR port, D-Sub for people that can't afford dvi/hdmi, a solid matte black finish as an option, standard K/M support.
Off the top of my head that's abou it.

MickeyKnox said:
I'll take an IR port, D-Sub for people that can't afford dvi/hdmi, a solid matte black finish as an option, standard K/M support.
Off the top of my head that's abou it.

Is d-sub even used outside of Japan? I've never seen it on a TV in the US.

IR would be nice for All-in-one remote junkies.

sugarhigh4242 said:
Is d-sub even used outside of Japan? I've never seen it on a TV in the US.

IR would be nice for All-in-one remote junkies.
D-Sub = VGA, so that people at least have the option to use non DVI capable monitors as their display device.
And IR would be nice for a universal remote since BluRay playback is really the only reason I want a PS3 until any of the following come out: MGS4, Ace Combat 6, DMC4, WKS, Monster Hunter 3, FFXIII.

MickeyKnox said:
D-Sub = VGA, so that people at least have the option to use non DVI capable monitors as their display device.
And IR would be nice for a universal remote since BluRay playback is really the only reason I want a PS3 until any of the following come out: MGS4, Ace Combat 6, DMC4, WKS, Monster Hunter 3, FFXIII.

Ah, i was thinking of this:
470pxd4videoconnectorbr2.jpg

D4 connector, which supports resolution up to 720p.

JCBossman

Banned
I don't think you guys get it the CELL is designed to use ONLY a certain size and type of ram(256MB), you can't just add ram to it like a regular intel CPU

Zaptruder

Banned
JCBossman said:
I don't think you guys get it the CELL is designed to use ONLY a certain size and type of ram(256MB), you can't just add ram to it like a regular intel CPU

only a certain size?

Where exactly are you getting your FUD from?

They do have some CELL based servers out there you know.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
sugarhigh4242 said:
What?!

The 360 controller is damn-near perfect. What's wrong with the plastic?

not that it matters, since you're banned, but the controller just has a feel to it that makes me feel like i want to break it in half.

Have the controller be made by Logitech
Drop the price 100 dollars for each SKU
Delay the launch until 1st or 2nd quarter 07 so more units can ship and possibly ship with faster BRD drives

That's it.

not that it matters, since you're banned, but the controller just has a feel to it that makes me feel like i want to break it in half.

I really liked the 360 controller at first, then I held Logitech's wireless PS2 controller, and then I remembered I was stupid.

Top Bottom