• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Princess Zelda design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatchx

Banned
dcfcd5a82a4824c5d4ec80c80499102e.jpg

Spoilers bro

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Now this my type of a thread
Skyward Sword Zelda, without a single doubt in my heart:

zelda.jpeg

72cb9bc4098b3fd0ea36cc61e1bb2d41.jpg

18j15jdwxc23kjpg.jpg

Literally everything about it is perfect, at least to me.

I really like Breath of the Wild Zelda too. To me, the more regal Zelda designs, while quite good, are actually kind or boring compared to her more recent iterations.

you a good one

Razmos

You expose yourself when posting Hyrule Warriors Zelda here, just sayin'. 😉
Expose that they have good taste?

I think Skyward Sword is my all time favourite. Unsure of BoTW Zelda as I haven't played it yet, but I like her design. Hyrule Warriors Zelda is great too

Joey Ravn

Banned
I had never realized that Twilight Princess Zelda is a brunette. Wonder why they decided to go back to that design, just to make her blonde again in WW.

Tetra before they turned her into generic princess bait. She's the only one with an actual personality that isn't just 'waifu' IMO.

If she doesn't count then TP Zelda because she was like an actual queen.

Skyward Sword Zelda is the best so far. Still going through BoTW so my opinion might change.

Hyrule Warriors Zelda design is badass.

CronoShot

Twilight Princess. Particularly the art for the HD version.

967c79819f248463b551945d3c499de2.jpg

Honorable mentions: Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors, Breath of the Wild

redcrayon

I quite like her in Spirit Tracks, particularly the scene where she's sending Link off on a dangerous adventure as per usual then realised that she's going to have to join him. Great stuff.

Other than that I think the TP design is a timeless classic- elegant and regal. BotW, as a more practical look, is good too, and the detail in the Hyrule Warriors version is also nice (although I'm not sure why she'd go for a split dress and stockings under her greaves just to have her upper legs on show rather than a nice pair of trousers for the battlefield but hey, computer games).

It's interesting that there's so many versions of the character and they all add something different to her persona though.

PsionBolt

A Link Between Worlds. You want cute? You want elegant? Look no further.

PjLtUnA.jpg

Oh, but you wanted cool? ALBW has you covered there, too.

vTB2glN.png

Yazuka

1. Skyward Sword
- One of the few things I really liked about SS was Zelda's design. it's one of my alltime favorite. I also like her character a lot in that game.

2. Hyrule Warriors
- If not for SS thins would have snagged the first Place, I absolutely love it!
But then again that goes for Link, Impa and other returning characters. Their design in HW are some of the best. Wish they would adopt them for more classic Zelda game. Or make them available via costumes in Smash Bros.

3. Twilight Princess
- I didn't really like it t first, but it has grown a lot on me. Much thanks to the HD version of TP. Really looking forward to the upcoming figma figurine.

JordanKZ

Zelda's regal dress in BoTW is an excellent design.

Although Tetra is clearly the best Zelda in terms of character, Skyward Sword Zelda is an amazing version of that character. Her character and art design are spot on.

Kudo

Wind Waker, Toon Zelda has always been my favourite.
I've never played ALBW but looking at those pics I really dig her design too, need to play it one day.
BOTW design is warming up to me quickly but I think WW will stay as my favourite. (Those damn eyebrows are so charming)

I'm going to say Skyward Sword, not only do I love that game but I really love that take on Zelda. BoTW is getting up there too for Zelda design, after that I would probably say Twilight Princess Zelda.

I had never realized that Twilight Princess Zelda is a brunette. Wonder why they decided to go back to that design, just to make her blonde again in WW.

Wind Waker came out before Twilight Princess, so it went the other way around.

Yeah I love TP zelda too. Also like SS and BotW Zelda. Tetra and Shiek are cool too, but probably because of the fact they are like completely different characters.

Partial to both Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild personally. Throwing in Twilight Princess as another contender, however -- they've only been getting better over time, IMO.

Tetra is the right answer. Too bad she was forced to wear a dress and lose her bad ass attitude when she was revealed as Zelda.

Edit: I'm looking through the other responses and I am so surprised that Tetra isn't getting more love. All the other Zeldas seem so boring and safe to me. I guess I would say OOT Zelda is also an acceptable answer because of
sheik
:3

Twilight Princess by far. I love SS but SS Zelda is just a moe animu childhood friend. TP Zelda looks a lot more interesting to me.

I'm liking BoTW Zelda quite a bit too though, she might come in second.

Skyward Sword Zelda
giphy.gif

|
V
I also really like Twilight Princess Zelda, BOTW and Toon Zelda (Spirit Tracks) designs.
|
V
Other Zelda designs.
|
|
|
V
Garbage
|
|
|
|