• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best Princess Zelda design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dcfcd5a82a4824c5d4ec80c80499102e.jpg

Holy shit!! That's Zelda!?

I need to go back and actually play these games lol

Linkark07

Banned
Kind of hard. Love TP design but the character itself not a lot. Love Tetra and Toon Zelda design, but when Tetra became Zelda, her characterization as Tetra disappeared. Skyward Sword Zelda is also superb but didnt play the game a lot so can't comment on that one. My favorite is Hyrule Warriors though. Best Zelda in design and actually doing something for save Hyrule.

Hopefully Breath of the Wild Zelda is a great character too

Twilight princess easily, looks like someone who could actually rule, and is seriously cool. Great in smash as well, hope they never change that design for it.

Skyward sword is was worst, bland ass childhood friend waifu trope, bleh bleh bleh.

I dislike SS as a game, but SS Zelda is the best. Visually Hyrule Warriors Zelda takes it, like every other character design in Hyrule Warriors.
Twilight princess easily, looks like someone who could actually rule, and is seriously cool. Great in smash as well, hope they never change that design for it.

Skyward sword is was worst, bland ass childhood friend waifu trope, bleh bleh bleh.
Come on bland? Have you played TP were Zelda is jack shit of a character ? At least SS was an actual attempt at making a character real.

Also I wouldn't doubt it if they changed the Smash designs in 5 to match breath of the Wild.

rhandino

Banned
My favorite designs and iterations of the character would be Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

Tetra and Sheik are awesome and I normally put them separately tbh

---

I can see Smash for Switch using the Breath of the Wild designs for Zelda: Her combat noe would be her adventuring clothes while Sheik could be another "What if Sheik was in the game" kind of thing.

A Link to the Past has my favourite designs and artstyle, including both Link and Zelda. I imagine most people won't agree with me though.

Skyward Sword is #2 for Princess Zelda designs.
Tetra is #3.

I'm in full agreement... But maybe I'm just a sucker for early 90's amine design.

LordKasual

Banned
1) Wind Waker, except it was pretty weak how they changed her skin color when she got the bow.

2) OoT...but pretty much only because of Sheik. And Sheik wasn't that interesting honestly.

3) whatever else

Twilight Princess would be my favorite DESIGN but she's boring as hell. Especially in contrast with Midna.

In all honestly, Zelda is consistently a pretty boring character.

BlitzKeeg

I'd post it but it's nsfw since she has no clothes.

image.php

Hyrule Warriors is definitely one of the coolest designs. BotW looks great too even though I haven't reached the end of the game yet (it seems there's a difference).

Twilight Princess is definitely the most responsible and regal and Tetra has the most personality out of the console games.

For a while I didn't like SS that much, but it's started to grow on me more as time has gone on.

Dang. All the designs are really good. There's very few I outright dislike.

VDenter

Banned
Wow cant believe people are saying Skyward Sword. Everybody i have ever talked to says that game has the worst looking Zelda design. lol

DOWN

Banned
I hate the Skyward Sword design. Her hair looks awful. Like her mom cut it? Or like she's socially bizarre?

Twilight Princess is best, followed by BotW

DrArchon

Best is Tetra, though she gets ruined when she actually turns into Zelda and gets fridge'd for the rest of the game. At the very least she should've kept her darker skin when she became true-Zelda (anyone else get weird race-y vibes from that? Like, "oh she's so pure, so her skin has to be porcelain white!" Yeah...)

TP Zelda is aces as well, but for some reason I don't like Zelda with darker hair.

HW Zelda is awesome, though she shows a bit too much skin for my taste (what the fuck are those bits on her shoulders attached to?) . The armor bits on her dress are a great touch though, and I like how her headband is more like a crown.

Sheik is cool, but just doesn't stack up to Tetra in the pantheon of alt-Zeldas.

SS Zelda is really great as a "girl next door" character, but that's not really what I want out of Zelda's design.

All of the others aren't memorable enough for me to comment on, and I haven't seen enough of BotW Zelda.

I like Tetra but not as Zelda.

Tetra feels like someone who would attack monsters with a cutlass not with a bow. Her transformation into a princess was ackward and while she really is cool with her light arrows I still prefer Tetras design. Similar thing with Sheik. Badass Ninja but weirdly weak as a princess.

I have to give it to the TP design in that sense. She is Badass as a Princess and she is the most scariest form of Ganondorf.

Skyward Sword Zelda is really pretty but also really just a damsel in distress.

1. SS Zelda
2. Twlight Princess Zelda/Hyrule Warriors Zelda
3. BOTW Zelda

Special mention to Oracle of Ages/Seasons Zelda who quite a lot of people forget.

4a1598_e1ad14e5a9dbb3d39ba6c02df95520b1.png_512

BlitzKeeg

1. SS Zelda
2. Twlight Princess Zelda/Hyrule Warriors Zelda
3. BOTW Zelda

Special mention to Oracle of Ages/Seasons Zelda who quite a lot of people forget.

4a1598_e1ad14e5a9dbb3d39ba6c02df95520b1.png_512

Oh goddamn. I forgot how adorable she looked in the art for those games.

The art for Seasons/Ages was really good in general.

She appears in a cutscene. When you get your ocarina back there is a flashback to Zelda giving it to you.

I guess that sort of counts. It just struck me as odd that I'd never noticed. Then again saying that my memory of it is pretty weak other than collecting masks. I don't even really remember if we had to collect the tri force from the dungeons or just more masks.

ionitron

I am 100% sick of Twilight Princess Zelda. Literally a decade of it.

Skyward Sword Zelda is top tier, but the art from Link to the Past has that wonderful old-school charm. I like the Oracle Games art quite a bit myself. I also like the Link Between Worlds Zelda, that one is a very solid, nice design.

Windwaker Zelda is too plain.

SoldnerKei

TP Zelda from Hyrule Warriors is perfection
then TP HD Zelda, alttp Zelda is pretty good too, and BotW Zelda would be above that if it wasn't for her puppy-looking face.

Most certainly Twilight Princess Zelda. She was so... royal there. Like a queen. You could see her ruling a country.

She looked more like a regal woman than a naive girl.

Completely agree. My favorite Zelda too. Like Azerare said I really like the art style design of TP.

Hyrule Warriors Zelda is pretty fuckin great. She goes out to the front lines with her army and gets shit DONE. Really solid design too.

Yeah, one of my favs, I really loved her design, they did a great job.

gngf123

Tetra is by far my favourite, although I still find how Wind Waker treats her to be a bit of a waste at the end.

Astral

Twilight Princess for sure. It's just so fucking cool. She emits so much authority.

BotW has the be my least favorite though. I don't have the game but based on the art, I just don't like it. I think it's her hairstyle and extremely round face.

ionitron

Twilight Princess for sure. It's just so fucking cool. She emits so much authority.

BotW has the be my least favorite though. I don't have the game but based on the art, I just don't like it. I think it's her hairstyle and extremely round face.

Yeah I don't think I dislike the Breath of the Wild design, but she looks incredibly different, they really made her face softer than every other incantation, in which she has sharper features. I definitely don't mind it and I'm not knocking it for that, but it totally gives you a different impression of her character.

I haven't encountered her in the game yet, but from what little I've seen from her, she looks more like a normal girl that's trying to do the best she can, but fails and I kind of see that in the design.

Davey Cakes

Twilight Princess is easily my favorite. I love the colors, the look of royalty, and the brown hair. I'm so happy that they've used that design in the Smash Brothers games.

let me add some of the other a bit more unknown 2D zelda designs to fairly judge

Minish cap

Four Swords

oracle of ages / seasons games

zelda 2 adventure of link

Legend of Zelda / Zelda 1

For more regal designs. TP has a great regal design but I prefer LttP Zelda to it
As for the more cute designs. Oracle Zelda wins it with Four sword Zelda close
The red dress Zelda 1 Zelda stands out the most though

Skyward Sword Zelda, Tetra/Wind Waker Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Zelda and Breath of the Wild Zelda in that order are my particular favorites. Every design of Zelda is good though in my opinion except the CDI games.

1. Twilight Princess
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Hyrule Warriors
4. Minish Cap
5. Skyward Sword

Although in terms of personalities, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild take the cake.

benbeaux

Banned
Tetra's the best and Nintendo does her absolutely no justice. It was a fun reveal in how she was the new Princess Zelda, but it's goddamn shame what happens to her afterwards. Gets thrown in a closet and is almost completely forgotten for the rest of the game.

I was psyched to see her back as a pirate in Phantom Hourglass and then she gets kidnapped at the very beginning of the game.
And then you find her halfway through the game and she's a fucking statue.

Why.

Skyward Sword is a good second place though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
For "adult" Zelda, it's gotta be Skyward Sword. They finally gave her a personality!

Overall it's probably Wind Waker's iteration.

Although it's among the worst Zelda games, Spirit Tracks will always remain my favorite representation of Zelda. She has more personality than any other version, in her dialogue, actions and facial expressions.

56d28eca981bb2104eab727d65c9d968.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom