What's your motto in life?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
East Tennessee, USA
Although probably too long to be considered a motto, this is what I try to live by:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

highrider

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Hold fast.

I remember a scene in Master and Commander where they were under attack and there was a palpable sense of dread amongst the crew particularly reflecting in the young boys training as officers. The kid that lost his arm looks at a grizzled sailor gripping something and sees Hold Fast inked on the guys knuckles. As if to say, keep it together under fire. It always stuck with me. I love the way it sounds.

Antoon

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2018
Theres nothing to it, all you gotta do is do it - Walter Lantz's favorite one too, the creator of Woody Woodpecker.

Reactions: slugbahr

Kanojo23

Neo Member
Mar 25, 2019
"Living is easy with eyes close, misunderstanding all you see" by John Lennon... after I heard his lyrics it woke me up from my grave :messenger_loudly_crying:

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
It's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

And

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

odhin

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
This thread reads like a compilation of those damn instagram posts where people post their photo with a stupid mighty and deep message to accompany it.
Those almost always make me laugh.

“Every day above ground is a good day.”

Reactions: haxan7

John Lee Packard

Gold Member
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Attitude is everything.

Hold fast.

I remember a scene in Master and Commander where they were under attack and there was a palpable sense of dread amongst the crew particularly reflecting in the young boys training as officers. The kid that lost his arm looks at a grizzled sailor gripping something and sees Hold Fast inked on the guys knuckles. As if to say, keep it together under fire. It always stuck with me. I love the way it sounds.
I remember that scene made a big impression on my dad as well.