• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do we expect Nintendo NX to be revealed?

AAMARMO

Banned
E3 has gone by and we still don't know when Nintendo Codename NX revel event gonna be. Now that E3 is done Nintendo has an opportunity to advertise to a large range of people and interest a new target market. I expect NX to be revealed in July (yeah, I know this month) because there nothing in the way to stop them such as gamescom and Paris game week. When do you expect Nintendo NX to be revealed?

Link_enfant

We need, no, we deserve a special Nintendo Direct during summer.
I hope they'll do it, as it wouldn't prevent the console to be shown again at further events.
It's been too long for both NX and directs.
What are they waiting for actually?

March sometime, around 16 hours before it launches as they clearly have no marketing plan or idea of what they're doing.

September, though.

javadoze

September/October

It's not summer, but before the holiday season. It's also 5/6 months away from the March 2017 release.

Formal teaser campaign in late August, full reveal Nintendo Direct around September/October, combined with press events. Playable to the public at TGS, as well as some Best Buy demo events in the states. Big ad push in December, leading to the March launch.

Neoxon

Formal teaser campaign in late August, full reveal Nintendo Direct around September/October, combined with press events. Playable to the public at TGS, as well as some Best Buy demo events in the states. Big ad push in December, leading to the March launch.
Considering that Nintendo normally ignores TGS, it's more likely that they'll do their own separate event for the NX.

Nintendo hasn't cared about TGS in years. It doesn't have any bearing on when they do stuff.

With that being said the 3DS and Wii U both had events in September so my money's on September with it being no later than October.

ChaosXVI

Like most people in this thread, my money is on September. No way to really know for sure though. I'm sure the reveal is as tightly locked down as possible.

I'd prefer if it were sooner, but that's just how it always goes.

Hydrus

In all honestly, I'm expecting a delay. I think they will do a very light reveal similar to Wii
U, and it will be around October. Then they will say its coming next holiday season. E3 2017 is when we will see actual games.

Ydelnae

November. And I don't think it's releasing by March 2017, it will come later next year and the excuse for the delay will be that they wanted to have the handheld and console ready at the same time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I predict mid to late October.

Hoo-doo said:
Nintendo direct in march, blowout at E3 2017 and release that holiday season

Don't forget the forced removal of the entire board for lying to investors.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Time is an illusion. A man made construct. All time is simultaneous. The NX has been revealed and has yet to be revealed. We are the past, the present and the future. The day before yesterday after tomorrow.

Considering that Nintendo normally ignores TGS, it's more likely that they'll do their own separate event for the NX.

Does it make sense to put on their own event, when they could just crash an existing one though? Having the NX at TGS means they get to own the entire show. It'd be the same as putting on Spaceworld, but somebody else gets to foot the bill.

Though having an event in the US may give more impact than one in Japan. Depends where they want to focus the energy.

Top Bottom