• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do we expect Nintendo NX to be revealed?

C-Drive

I keep expecting an announcement just to piggy-back Pokemon Go hype. Their name is in the news, no better time to take advantage of it than now.

jdstorm

Banned
It seems like they are trying to keep the NXtech under wraps so I doubt they reveal anything about it until near release.

Nintendo probably don't want to show any games too early (like Star Fox) and get criticised for how bad they look.

I'm guessing that this year Nintendo will be focusing on mobile games like Pokemon Go and building Brand awareness, then in December they will declare 2017 the year of the NX. Then Regular directs will start up to hype launch games, for release in March at a slightly higher price point, before a good summer sale and then an August Price drop for the Holidays

Davey Cakes

I keep expecting an announcement just to piggy-back Pokemon Go hype. Their name is in the news, no better time to take advantage of it than now.
They would be idiots not to unveiling it now or ASAP. Nintendo haven't had this much positive press (Pokémon go) since the original Wii. They would be idiots not to capitalize.
Good points. The explosion of GO is an opportunity and a half. Nintendo needs continual good press and they need to invoke confidence that their non-mobile ventures are worthwhile. They need to excite their existing base and potential new base.

120v

not to be a buzzkill but the hype is around pokemon. "nintendo" is sort of an afterthought in the whole affair.

They would be idiots not to unveiling it now or ASAP. Nintendo haven't had this much positive press (Pokémon go) since the original Wii. They would be idiots not to capitalize.

There really isn't any correlation between the burst of popularity surrounding the launch of a Pokemon mobile game and the announcement of a Nintendo home console. Speaking to different audiences. Home consoles/ dedicated platforms will never have the same reach as a mobile app.

It's weird that we still don't know anything about the NX yet there are enough experts about it here to let us know that Nintendo is wrong and it's not happening in March 2017. Though maybe I'm being presumptuous and should be paying attention to the stellar track record displayed in here, like falling for fake controllers, taking patent designs literally and female Link confirmation in Breath of the Wild.

Ibuki

Banned

How exactly is that going to work?

People who download a free app based on a game they probably played when they were kids, versus buying a brand new console along with games.

schopaia

NX will be revealed March 1st 2017. They want to pull an Apple & be like "We are announcing our new device and it's available for preorder and will ship this month.

Apple does that on an annual basis with iterative hardware. This is not that.

Top Bottom