• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do we expect Nintendo NX to be revealed?

Gleethor

Animal Crossing NX is not happening anytime soon. Pikmin 4 on the other hand...

You think they went and made HD models of a ton of different AC characters just for the hastily thrown together Amiibo Festival? A year from now, we will have footage of AC NX if we're not already playing it.

I still think Gamescom would be a good idea, maybe a direct beforehand but if you want to sell and show your idea to the customer gamescom seems like the best choice...

Jackano

Most people thinks September, I tend to agree:
- Direct or Conference prior to TGS dates (Sept. 15-18th)
- Press or public events starting the following month.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
August - September - October.

One of these three months.

Together with Sony when they unveil the PS4 Neo at the TGS.

We all know what is going to happen. The Nintendo NPSX in reality is the PS4NintEndO and will be the great Japan offensive for the console and gaming market, joining a powered up PS4 with a new concept by Nintendo. Former partners then rivals now join up again to deliever the console and handheld experience which the press will just call the Dream Cast of Console Gaming. Nathan Drake for Mario Kart 9 also confirmed.

In seriousness, I agree with the posters before me, Ithink Nintendo has to unveil the system before holiday season, and I would believe an unveiling during an event of their own before the Tokyo Game Show might make sense if they want to be able to show off Japanese 3rd party games there. Though maybe they just wait for the PS4Neo reveal so that they can be the last one to show their deck of cards to the public since they seem to be afraid their concept could be copied quickly and easily by the competition for their new iterations.

dh4niel

I would've said TGS but it was confirmed they won't be showing it there so I have no clue. I'm betting on their own event and not just a Nintendo Direct. They need more people to know about this.

1,000 simultaneous pikmin or bust.

One million troops. ONE MILLION TROOPS.

On topic. I expect it to be revealed in September, around the time of TGS, so third-party publishers can talk about their NX games. In respect of games, I think Animal Crossing NX is very probable. There are HD assets from Mario Kart 8 and Amiibo Festival, and the EAD2 / EPD2 should have enough people to develop new AC alongside Splatoon. So Nintendo should have no problem releasing a new AC soon, or even at launch.

Calm Mind

You think they went and made HD models of a ton of different AC characters just for the hastily thrown together Amiibo Festival? A year from now, we will have footage of AC NX if we're not already playing it.

NX handheld needs a Animal Crossing game before console can even be considered.

Eliseo

Honestly, I don't care when the console gets reveal as long as the goddamn console it's not fucking glossy again, seriously the glossy BS needs to end.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I would've said TGS but it was confirmed they won't be showing it there so I have no clue. I'm betting on their own event and not just a Nintendo Direct. They need more people to know about this.
It was confirmed Nintendo won't be exhibiting at Tokyo Game Show 2016. They could always do something similar to what they did in 2005 when Mr. Iwata unveiled the Nintendo Revolution controller. I doubt they will have any presence like that at TGS though.

Kyzer

Banned

We all know what is going to happen. The Nintendo NPSX in reality is the PS4NintEndO and will be the great Japan offensive for the console and gaming market, joining a powered up PS4 with a new concept by Nintendo. Former partners then rivals now join up again to deliever the console and handheld experience which the press will just call the Dream Cast of Console Gaming. Nathan Drake for Mario Kart 9 also confirmed.

In seriousness, I agree with the posters before me, Ithink Nintendo has to unveil the system before holiday season, and I would believe an unveiling during an event of their own before the Tokyo Game Show might make sense if they want to be able to show off Japanese 3rd party games there. Though maybe they just wait for the PS4Neo reveal so that they can be the last one to show their deck of cards to the public since they seem to be afraid their concept could be copied quickly and easily by the competition for their new iterations.

It is known.

NX handheld needs a Animal Crossing game before console can even be considered.

Handheld AC will probably be HD too

Rösti;209198158 said:
It was confirmed Nintendo won't be exhibiting at Tokyo Game Show 2016. They could always do something similar to what they did in 2005 when Mr. Iwata unveiled the Nintendo Revolution controller. I doubt they will have any presence like that at TGS though.

It might be good if they showed it off before TGS (so Capcom et all can pimp their titles) but I'm not holding out hope.

Apt101

I kinda want this haha.

Little Pikmin archers, footmen, and knights, some in armor of grass, others clad in woven straw or bark. Carrying little sigils on twigs and leaves. Olimar riding a grasshopper into battle. Massive armies of pikmin battling insects, all beneath a picnic table as humans eat above unaware.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
- Needs to be before Nov
- Needs to be in a week with nothing else to compete PR wise
- ideally sooner the better

So that means it shouldn't be the weak of TGS, PAX, Gamescom, Paris, or even the Apple event IMO.

The longer they wait the more competition for people they will have.

October starts the rush of fall games + PSVR and potentially Neo. Ideally they'd want to get out ahead of all of that. The first week or two of Sept seems like a safe bet. Just gotta be careful not to schedule it when Apple is doing their fall event and gobbling up the PR sphere.

That's essentially two months to get their shit in order for the reveal.

Banned
Little Pikmin archers, footmen, and knights, some in armor of grass, others clad in woven straw or bark. Carrying little sigils on twigs and leaves. Olimar riding a grasshopper into battle. Massive armies of pikmin battling insects, all beneath a picnic table as humans eat above unaware.
Pikmin 4: Civil War

Coming this Nintember.

Animal Crossing NX could be not that far, given the missing Wii U version and how much time passed since the New Leaf release.

I don't think Nintendo will have Animal Crossing ready by 2017. I could see it releasing in 2018. Most of the staff that develops the animal crossing titles just released Splatoon, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival in this past year. I could see Nintendo prioritizing releasing Splatoon for their console and Animal Crossing for when their next handheld releases. Although I will say I really like Neiteio's idea for AC.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Nintendo's 1st party launch plans include anything more than Zelda, Smash 4 complete and a more casual oriented title showcasing the systems new features ala Nintendoland. They absolutely need a heavy hitter at or near launch that you can't play in any form on Wii U, but I have zero confidence that they'll deliver based on their last few hardware launch lineups.
I expect this. Although swap Smash 4 for Pikmin 4. I could see their new system showcase ip being a minecraft inspired game where you can build your own Nintendo world. While it is fully featured, all amiibos are compatible with the game and unlock more specific content from that franchise.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I don't get Animal Crossing NX within the first year I blame all of you.

Javier

This is the only correct answer.

B1cWb8b.gif

marmoka

Banned
Tomorrow
or
The day after tomorrow
or
The day after the day after tomorrow
or
The day after the day after the day after tomorrow
or

I do love the idea of a NintEndO but while profits would no-doubt be shared and both parties would benefit, would Sony necessarily want to help a competitor that has enough money in the bank for several more consoles and has proven bouncebackability?

Animal Crossing Mobile isn't connecting to New Leaf - how would that even be possible. It's connecting to Animal Crossing NX.

I was thinking they implied it would connect to 3DS but can't find it now.

Edit: not an outright assurance by any means:

The Animal Crossing series, where players enjoy creating fantasy towns, has fans from children to adults. Is the plan to have the smartphone app connect with games on traditional hardware?

We aim to have our smartphone games work in synergy with our traditional hardware, so we’d like to make something like that a reality. I feel that we at Nintendo are well-suited for that sort of thing.

-Do you mean interacting with the 3DS?

Considering the sales numbers for the platform, I don’t think you would be wrong to imagine as much.

Probably mid to late October.

Wii U's last big first party retail game this year is Paper Mario: Color Splash, iirc.

So probably after that.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
At TGS itself? Uncharacteristic as many pointed out Nintendo hardly ever goes there aside from Iwata's keynote in 2005 where he unveiled the Wiimote.

You don't have to be at an event to leverage the press covering an event.
But like I said, I'm just not sure what version of their plans they are going with anymore ::shrug::

gafneo

Banned
NX will be revealed March 1st 2017. They want to pull an Apple & be like "We are announcing our new device and it's available for preorder and will ship this month.

Animal Crossing Mobile isn't connecting to New Leaf - how would that even be possible. It's connecting to Animal Crossing NX.

Either New Leaf or Happy Home Designer, I totally forgot about the latter. Can't believe I spent money on that shit.

And I don't know how they are going to do it, bu they will.

psyfi

Banned
September. Late enough to let them polish it up, but early enough to help undercut the Xbox and PS4 this fall, assuming the NX successfully generates interest. Then they can offer a consistent drip of information throughout the holiday shopping season, continuing to draw peoples' attention and money away from their competitors.

spekkeh

Banned
Teaser it's fucking nothing but here's a date so don't spend all your cash during the holidays or already stack up on amiibos: mid October

Some accidental dev leaks: November, December

Whoops Ubisoft accidentally blew the lid off the major gimmick: January

Please be excited hasty full reveal: February

Release US: May
Release Japan: June
Release Europe: What's Europe

psyfi

Banned
There's no way they wait till next year for a proper reveal. But I guess I'm assuming the thing is coming out in February or March. If it's more like May, then maybe. :(

Top Bottom