• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do you think PSVR2 is coming?

When is PSVR2 coming?

Votes: 65 54.2%

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • 2024-End of PS5s life

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Sometime after the death of the PS5

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters

Griffon

Thinking about it, PSVR2 could very well end up being a wireless portable machine like Oculus Quest.

VR without tethers is clearly the way it's going to be. And who better than Sony to offer an alternative to fucking facebook?

Bankai

Jim Ryan said "not this year, not next year.".

Soooooo.. that's 2022 then :messenger_kissing_smiling::messenger_ok:

wishful thinkin 2 tha max tho

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
2023 obviously. Ryan said not 2021 and not 2022. This is good it will allow for better tech, lower cost and time for devs to make games for it. They should bundle it with a must play AAA VR game such as Half-Life Alyx or Astro Bot 2.

He actually said "Not this year (2020) and not next year (2021)."

AJUMP23

If the VR market picks up then Sony will release an update for the PSVR on the PS5. Until then though I think VR on the console doesn't make sense from a business sense. The cost is too high and the returns are to low to continue to invest in it for now.

Banned
I could see them actually canceling the whole thing depending on how the market evolves.

VR is still very much an uncertain market, the Oculus Quest 2 seems to do well so far, but let's see if it continues to sell.

Melon Husk

It comes when they've sold enough consoles to build a base. I think that "enough" is at least 20 million consoles. As far as we know PSVR2 is an addon to PS5 and does not work as standalone device.

FYI PSVR has an attach rate of 5%.

jaysius

Banned
PSVR 2 needs to be leaps and bounds better than PSVR 1, that thing is awful, the only thing it has going for it is comfort, the games look like PS3 or Wii games most of the times, those lollipops are the AIDS of the gaming world.

Sony should get help from some other party that fully understands VR before making PSVR 2.

I'm fine with a single long cable. No battery makes it lighter.

psvr has a single long cable, the only one I deal with while playing - and yes, it's very limiting and distracting. You don't notice how much you cope with this limitation until you're free from it, but real roomscale VR is so much better

Resenge

psvr has a single long cable, the only one I deal with while playing - and yes, it's very limiting and distracting. You don't notice how much you cope with this limitation until you're free from it, but real roomscale VR is so much better
I have to agree, Wired VR is on its way out imo and hopefully wireless VR has reached a turning point with the Quest and Virtual Desktop. After playing wireless even with the shortcomings it gets harder and harder to want to setup a wired headset and feel that tether.

Top Bottom