• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where will FFversusXIII stand in 2013? (Seriously no jokes please)

Go_Ly_Dow

What we know about Versus:
- Names are tentative
- Gameplay footage is tentative
- Graphics are tentative
- User Interface is tentative
- Any event scene being realtime or FMV is tentative
- Title is tentative (?)
-
Release is tentative

give me another trailer this year and that will keep me going for at least another 2!

Haunted

And tentative turret sequences:

versusgif2n5uya.gif
far more polished than ANYTHING else

What do you consider good then?
To be fair, I didn't see you making the comparison to FFXIII pre-release materials, I'm not really aware of those. But if they were jankier than this, oy vey.

Bossun

I still can't believe some people find the characters classy or attractive. I feel like I'm gonna play with a korean boys band...

Go_Ly_Dow

If rumors are true, Versus is currently undergoing a major Westernization/dudebro'ing and names are under review as follows:

Noctis > Nathan

Ignis > Isaac

Gladiolus > Gordon

Prompto> Pedro

Stella > Sasha

DJIzana

far more polished than ANYTHING else

To be fair, I didn't see you making the comparison to FFXIII pre-release materials, I'm not really aware of those. But if they were jankier than this, oy vey.

Hahaha... you're right there. I know when to admit when I'm wrong. Regardless, I know I'll still find enjoyment out of this more than anything that features Lightning.

Shahed

If rumors are true, Versus is currently undergoing a major Westernization/dudebro'ing and names are under review as follows:

Noctis > Nathan

Ignis > Isaac

Gladiolous > Gordon

Pompolo > Pedro

Stella > Sasha

There's a Pompolo? That name's even worse than Gladiolous!

LuuKyK

OH MY GOD @ POMPOLO.

asiudfndfsjdinpvsoidjf[sdf

Fake Edit: Its obviously not the actual name but I still laughed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not that Noctis's suit and casual clothes look dated or anything, but I wonder how the people at Roen will feel about the game cross-promoting years old designs instead of a more recent collection.

Gladiolus in the portrait is hilarious.

ir8m90GqTXM65.gif

duckroll

Not that Noctis's suit and casual clothes look dated or anything, but I wonder how the people at Roen will feel about the game cross-promoting years old designs instead of a more recent collection.

They're not based on actual seasonal stuff iirc. They're all original designs specifically made for the game.

JehutyGR

I think the animations on UI are there for a reason. The main player must be informed in a way about what's happening to the other party members, while he is taking down the city. I think it's cool.

Speaking of hilarious, one thing that made the series special to me was the balance between seriousness and funny. In many cases serious games are the ones that make me laugh the most.

rvy

Banned
- Names are tentative
- Graphics are tentative
- Title is tentative (?)
-
Release is tentative

What about Nomura as director?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

ir8m90GqTXM65.gif

Rofl that is hilarious.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
They're not based on actual seasonal stuff iirc. They're all original designs specifically made for the game.
Ah right, I though at least the suit was based on something they already had in a collection. I think the boots were sold on their site at some point too, but I'm not sure. Original designs or not, I liked the idea of having characters wearing something contemporary that's made available in real life.

Shinta

Banned
- Names are tentative
- Graphics are tentative
- Title is tentative (?)
-
Release is tentative

Prompto_face.jpg

I'm kinda hoping that most of the characters shown so far were tentative as well. This guy has potential to be a serious creepster. I like Noctis and Stella, but that's about it. The rest of the cast looked pretty rough in 2011, and their names aren't much better. Once they start adding English voice acting, everyone should pray that no one is still named Gladiolus or Prompto.

And the title is definitely tentative. No way it will be released as Versus XIII. At the very least, they will drop the XIII at the end.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Prompto_face.jpg

I'm kinda hoping that most of the characters shown so far were tentative as well. This guy has potential to be a serious creepster. I like Noctis and Stella, but that's about it. The rest of the cast looked pretty rough in 2011, and their names aren't much better.

All hail the game is never coming out snicker face.

Extra development time is needed to port the game to 360.

Nah. Wii U

LuuKyK

Prompto_face.jpg

I'm kinda hoping that most of the characters shown so far were tentative as well. This guy has potential to be a serious creepster. I like Noctis and Stella, but that's about it. The rest of the cast looked pretty rough in 2011, and their names aren't much better.

Ugh, I really hate this guy's face. I hope they change him.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No seriously, what could possibly the reason why they took so bloody long on releasing this? And forgive me for saying this, but I don't think it's going to be a blockbuster multiple-million seller too so why would they withhold it so long as if it going to be some extremely popular game with sells that would shame even Mario?

Shit is bananas, unbelievable.

demidar

No seriously, what could possibly the reason why they took so bloody long on releasing this? And forgive me for saying this, but I don't think it's going to be a blockbuster multiple-million seller too so why would they withhold it so long as if it going to be some extremely popular game with sells that would shame even Mario?

Shit is bananas, unbelievable.

Constant rehauling and perfectionism I'd say.

Top Bottom