• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where will FFversusXIII stand in 2013? (Seriously no jokes please)

Prompto_face.jpg

Somehow reminds me of David Bowie....

jimmypython

What we know about Versus:
- Names are tentative
- Gameplay footage is tentative
- Graphics are tentative
- User Interface is tentative
- Any event scene being realtime or FMV is tentative
- Title is tentative (?)
-
Release is tentative

The character portrait part of the UI is said to be finalized as seen in the trailer. - according to Nomura

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
There's a flower called "Gladiolo" in spanish, it's common in funerals and cemetaries (There's a popular saying "He's gonna suck 'gladiolos' " meaning "he's gona die soon")

Likely character death would seem to be implied in this instance then.

Valentus

The point here is GAF, that we all know that if the game sees the light of day it will be multiplat (PS3, 360, WiiU) right?

I assume that NOBODY still thinks that this game is still PS3 exclusive right?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The point here is GAF, that we all know that if the game sees the light of day it will be multiplat (PS3, 360, WiiU) right?

I assume that NOBODY still thinks that this game is still PS3 exclusive right?

I always blindly assume it will come to what I have. And get disappointed and go use my friends if it does not.

LuuKyK

Who is the guy with glasses? Ignis or Prompto?

I remember hearing he is sort of a war advisor for Noctis, or something like that. Don't know if true though. Its interesting because these two are actually the ones I care the most based on what we saw till now (besides Stella).

Tbh who is that herp derp faced guy just mentioned supposed to be from these four? From what I got:

Noctis -> obvious;
Ignis -> the guy with glasses;
Prompto -> the blonde guy with the pistol;
Gladiolus -> The bigger guy with a gigantic sword;

He doesn't fit any of these, unless they changed him enough to be the blonde guy form the last trailer.

Edit: Fixed based on Kagari's answer.

Edit 2: Nvm, watching again that must be Prompto really... meh.

The only character design I don't care for so far is Gladiolus. The rest are fine.

Dude looks like a character from the Lion King took human form.

FinalfantasyversusXIII03.jpg

Also I thought it was funny when the names for the characters were released and there was a lot of confusion over them. People were calling Prompto Prompio, Stella was Elena, and Ignis was believed to be Renton.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Who is the guy with glasses? Ignis or Prompto?

I remember hearing he is sort of a war advisor for Noctis, or something like that. Don't know if true though. Its interesting because these two are actually the ones I care the most based on what we saw till now (besides Stella).

Tbh who is that herp derp faced guy just mentioned supposed to be from these four? From what I got:

Noctis -> obvious;
Ignis/Prompto -> the guy with glasses;
Ignis/Prompto -> the blonde guy with the pistol;
Gladiolus -> The bigger guy with a gigantic sword;

He doesn't fit any of these, unless they changed him enough to be the blonde guy form the last trailer.

Ignis is the guy with glasses and he is a tactician, yes.

Zeal

Banned
I know someone here on Gaf probably has an insider that could tell everyone wtf is going on with this game. It's like anyone who spills the beans on this game's status is instantly shot. Even Amano in an interview was trying to play it off like he forgot he worked on the game's art. BS.

Quit fucking around, NOCTIS-ORGY.

Terrell

There's a flower called "Gladiolo" in spanish, it's common in funerals and cemetaries (There's a popular saying "He's gonna suck 'gladiolos' " meaning "he's gona die soon")

It would be the same flower. Gladiolus is the Latin word that the Spanish word originates from, which is the diminutive of the Latin word Gladius (sword), which is where the flower gets its English nickname "sword lily" from.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dude looks like a character from the Lion King took human form.

FinalfantasyversusXIII03.jpg

Also I thought it was funny when the names for the characters were released and there was a lot of confusion over them. People were calling Prompto Prompio, Stella was Elena, and Ignis was believed to be Renton.

Scar?

jimmypython

Do you remember what interview he said that in? That doesn't sound right.

This is from the interview by famitsu right after they released the trailer in 2011. Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/01039883.html

――ゲージ類は仮のものでしょうか?

野村 コマンドは仮ですが、HPなどのゲージは正式なもので、キャラクター名の表示だけは消しています(※映像では名前が表示されている部分があるが、記事に使用している画像は表示がないバージョンになっている)。HPゲージの反対側にあるオレンジのゲージは、本作独自のシステムに使用するゲージです。それから、HPの横にはバトル中のキャラクターの顔をリアルタイムで映すウインドーがあります。離れて戦っていても、苦痛の表情を浮かべていると「苦戦しているな」ということがわかりますね。

It says while the command part is tentative, the HP gauge is final. They deleted the character name part for the trailer since they were not ready to show their names at the time.

A translated version by Andriasang (link: http://andriasang.com/comtqu/nomura_ffxvxiii_famitsu/):

The icons and gauges we see in the battle scenes appear to be a mix of finalized and temporary. The commands are temporary (I'm not sure if Nomura is speaking about the names of the commands or just the way they're displayed). The gauges for HP and so-forth are final. They deleted the character names from the gauges shown in the lower right. All the screenshots you see of the game in magazines and at Famitsu.com also have the named removed.

duckroll

This is from the interview by famitsu right after they released the trailer in 2011. Link: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/01039883.html

After 2 years things might have changed. The UI graphics lead has already left Square Enix too. Not to mention, since that interview Nomura continued to talk about substantial changes to the game's presentation, like how the Stella and Noctis cutscene is not full CG, instead of a realtime cutscene, which he seemed adamant on previously when he said he wanted less CG.

Shinta

Banned
Here are all the shots of Prompto I could find.

And I found a cool avatar for anyone who wants to use it.

He doesn't look that different from Nine in Type-0, but I liked Nine so I don't know what it is. I think they just need to tweak his face a bit and see if they can come up with something a little different.

Lightning's face has changed dramatically over the years, so I hope they keep fixing the cast.

The new one is way, way better.

demidar

Okay I think I know why Prompto looks stupid, his face is too thin (like a horse) and he has the goofy smile. Sticking his tongue out doesn't help.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Nine was amazing. Probably my favorite aside from Deuce.

Nine: I don't mean to brag but I can name all 4 nations of Orience!

*later*

*names only 3*

Trey(the know-it-all):It's amazing how you can turn 4 nation's into just 3.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No. No he wasn't. He wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

That's why he was awesome. His black and white perspective and overall stupidity was quite endearing.

Although King was my favorite. A total team mom and laying down truth bombs.

LuuKyK

rofl. I need a fan tl. :(

t___t

Right? I need this game in my veins. I can't believe SE still didn't announce a release in the west, at this point whatever its going to sell on PSP + PSN/Vita has to be better than nothing. I can't see how releasing it digitally is a bad thing if the localization is already done/almost finished.

Stark

Banned
t___t

Right? I need this game in my veins. I can't believe SE still didn't announce a release in the west, at this point whatever its going to sell on PSP + PSN/Vita has to be better than nothing. I can't see how releasing it digitally is a bad thing if the localization is already done/almost finished.

I'd have hoped they were working on some Vita port. :(

Here are all the shots of Prompto I could find.

And I found a cool avatar for anyone who wants to use it.

He doesn't look that different from Nine in Type-0, but I liked Nine so I don't know what it is. I think they just need to tweak his face a bit and see if they can come up with something a little different.

Lightning's face has changed dramatically over the years, so I hope they keep fixing the cast.

The new one is way, way better.

Isn't that first image of Light from before her design was even finalized?

Shinta

Banned
Isn't that first image of Light from before her design was even finalized?

It's in the intro movie on the XIII disc. If you just let it play without hitting start, it's the first time you see her in the game.

I didn't want to post 100 pictures, but you can look at the in-game stuff in XIII as well and compare it to the last shot in-game from LR and see a huge difference there as well.

No, that first shot of Lightning is definitely an early development shot. She does not look like that in FFXIII. The scene in question is here at the roughly 0:52 mark. That exact shot doesn't even appear in the opening video, and she looks very similar to her FFXIII-2 and LR designs in the final version of FFXIII.

DJIzana

-.-

You know next to nothing about him, how can you already like him more than her?

I mean in design, sorry. I should have been more specific. He also seems like the character that likes to joke around and have fun. :p

Anyways... that aside, best Type-0 characters for me are these two.

tumblr_lptvykmcAr1qcq2vho1_500.gif

tumblr_lu9sodXRjo1qa4y9ko1_250.gif

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I mean in design, sorry. I should have been more specific. He also seems like the character that likes to joke around and have fun. :p

Anyways... that aside, best Type-0 characters for me are these two.

tumblr_lptvykmcAr1qcq2vho1_500.gif

tumblr_lu9sodXRjo1qa4y9ko1_250.gif

The Kunagiri brothers. Hah.

Secret ending has Izana and Emina dating. Hah. And the novel reveals that Machina is a angsty jerk for a reason

Top Bottom