• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are you more excited about? Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy VII

What's the most exciting thing about Square Enix right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.
FFVIIr by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Koren

XV by default. VII Remake is just a CG trailer and a promise at this point.
I'm not really interested in replaying VII (in fact, it would be last on my list after XII, IX and VIII), but I don't even want to play XV... The all-guys idea don't work on me at all.

At this time, my pick would be neither.

george_us

Battle system felt sluggish and I didn't like the open world structure at all. What little I saw of the art style didn't do anything for me either. I know it's just a demo but previous FF demos always left me wanting more. By the end of Episode Duscae I felt like I had my fill.

Desi

I know what to expect from VII so I am really looking forward to XV more. I SHOULD ANSWER XIV since my PC is finally back in shape.

Still any info of VII is going straight in my belly.

Whompa02

I would say both, but FFXV just looks so friggen cool. I love the characters already, the environments are beautiful and ranged, and world just looks really fascinating. I can't wait to see the final game.

Bardiche

FFVIII Remake with better translation, development of characters other than Squall and Rinoa, updated storyline, and more Laguna, Kiros, and Ward sections.
FFXII HD would be next on the list.

After those two, FFVII-R, since the game is likely to retain the ATB or turn-based combat system which is superior to the action-based combat system in XV. XV is unappealing to me.

Tenebrous

VIIr by far. Every console Final Fantasy game made by Square-Enix I've not enjoyed, and I doubt XV will be any different... But I'll play it anyway, because of 4-7 & 9.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
VII, because it's my second favorite game and the memories are real. Also, I'm not big on open world attempts.

XV is still a Top 5 Upcoming for me however. Duscae feels slick and I'm intrigued by the story. Bro trips aren't really my thing but the lore sounds cool.

What I'm most excited for of all is that Square seems serious about exiting the "just the occasional FF and KH" field after entirely too long on that rope. I dislike Kingdom Hearts but I adore a dozen or more of their old IPs besides just FF. I'm really hopeful Tokyo Game Factory gets to go back to some of the ones that are still being left behind.

Mononoke

Banned
VII just because it's proven. It's a game I love dearly and getting to play it completely remade will be mind blowing. I want XV to succeed. I want it to be great so badly. But I've been let down a lot by the series. So VII is a proven thing.

Edit: you guys have a point about XV coming out sooner. Very good point. I mean, if the game ends up being good, then I could be playing a new FF I love so soon.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Gotta be VII. The characters, story, music and setting are all 10/10 already. I highly doubt XV will be able to compete on these fronts, even if the underlying game will end up better.

I already replayed VII on PSN, then played Crisis Core and watched that abortion of movie.

So no more, please. I am going to hope that XV makes me forget XIII...

Vodh

I'm super excited for XV, it was the high point of the past E3s and judging by the demo, I'm gonna love it. Can't wait.

That said, I lost my shit at the VII Remake announcement, this is easily my biggest videogame dream come true and, as someone who watched Advent Children like 10 times and loved it, I just can't contain my hype. Basically until they release VII, there's no other game that has any chance of getting remotely close to that hype for me.

Fou-Lu

VII, and by a landslide.

One of my favorite games of all time, with the remake I have been waiting for.

XV is a lot of fun judging by the demo and it looks like it is going to be great but....

Final. Fantasy. Seven. Remake.

I cried when it was announced.

Mr_Moogle

What is the general consensus on the FFXV demo anyway? I've watched a few videos and the game certainly looks pretty but so did XIII.

I don't have any interest in buying FF: Type Zero. Surely Square will eventually release this demo to the general public.

At the moment FFVII still has me more pumped. My favourite game ever. No way this remake could ever live up to my expectations.

Anyone else paranoid that FFXV will never come out and that the lack of e3 showing was a sign of what is not to come?

Or it will come out be stuck in Duke Nukem Forever limbo mode until the engine upgrades cant save it from revisionist and ancient archaic gameplay that doesnt fit together anymore, as the developers slowly but surely looses the red narrative and vision behind the idea that allows a game to come together?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Overall, FFVII.

XV is coming first, though, so there's more immediate excitement for that.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else paranoid that FFXV will never come out and that the lack of e3 showing was a sign of what is not to come?

Or it will come out be stuck in Duke Nukem Forever limbo mode until the engine upgrades cant save it from revisionist and ancient archaic gameplay that doesnt fit together anymore, as the developers slowly but surely looses the red narrative and vision behind the idea that allows a game to come together?

They already said more info will be at Gamescom, so relax lol...

It's really hard to decide which game excites more. On one hand, it is THE FFVII remake. On the other, who knows when it'll be out and what they're doing with it. XV is coming next year, barring any big disasters involving bad development problems (they can only be that jinxed right?) so in terms of anticipation XV still ranks higher. It is something that we have seen in action.

HeelPower

I wouldn't worry at all.

Just before E3 they released a huge update to the demo and had a very long and informative ATR show.

Game is definitely coming a long.They probably didn't show it at E3 because they had so goddamn much to show.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I wouldn't worry at all.

Just before E3 they released a huge update to the demo and had a very long and informative ATR show.

Game is definitely coming a long.They probably didn't show it at E3 because they had so goddamn much to show.

I still believe FFXV is aimed at an April/June 2016 release actually. In august we will know.

I think I'm gonna switch sides. Just got done playing the FFXV demo. First time since the update. Lots of potential here....and its coming sooner.

Top Bottom