• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which are you more excited about? Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy VII

What's the most exciting thing about Square Enix right now?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hikami

We haven't seen anything from VII R so no idea if I'm even excited for that one.

XV for me.. I've been waiting too long for this game.

BumRush

After the newly hinted at FFVI remake?

VII probably. XV will be great, I'm sure, but recent SE storytelling is all over the place...VII's story is familiar and the characters are great.

Jawmuncher

I no joke could care less about XV at this point. Will still buy it and all that jazz but it's small to me compared to FF7.

Z3M0G

I think the VII remake was this option... "Final Fantasy V[ersusXI]II - This guy are sick" Voted for that one.

Adamastor

XV. As much as I love VII, I've already played that game a few times. XV on the other hand is a new story and as a game I'd rather play something new than an "older story."

But don't get me wrong... I'm stoked about VII too.

Druz

This is going to sound ridiculous but my hype dropped significantly for XV when the main character lacked a definitive weapon. Having them interchange seems lazy to me. Still buying it though. More hyped for VII

Ploid 3.0

FF7 Remake, FFXV demo looked painfully boring and I love open world Action role playing games and kingdom hearts. It just kicked me out of hype for that game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
VII because Nomura gets his dream team back.

This.

^

15 is looking cool, but...Cloud and Tifa are Cloud and Tifa.

And this.

Yeah, 15 i'm hoping turns out to be a swell game, but FF7 i just know is going to be great. I don't care about battle system changes or adapting in compilation as that's what i'm expecting. Just give me FF7 at its core

FFXV since it is nearer and new.

I'll be properly excited about VII when there's a real game to look at.

There's definitely a shadow cast over XV now though due to this announcement. :p

Heh, actually it is even better. Two big budget FFs...oh shit this reminds me of FFXIII and Versus. Hopefully FFVII will come out this gen.

O.DOGG

Whichever comes out for the PC and/or has the better port. All things being equal, I'd be excited to play either one (never played FFVII to completion).

Dr. Buni

Kingdom Hearts III.

VII. I don't like the character design in XV. The party members look so boring and Cindy is just ugh. Nothing showed so far about XV looks remotely interesting to me.

FF XV has me extremely excited. FF VII is my favorite game of all time so it will always have a special place in my heart, so that's the game I'm most looking forward to.

Ezalc

To be honest neither. I don't care for VII and I really dislike XV's character design and the combat is pretty meh right now.

Square2015

Waiting on that FFVIII remake...

And FFXII:I:ZJS HD. Come on Square, you said if FFX/X-2 sold well...

I don't think X|X-2 HD sold well, it did in Japan but did poorly States-side.

600k in Japan, while last we heard ~400k NPD, should've done 600k.

trikster40

Finally played through the Final Fantady XV demo and I didn't really care for it. The combat was meh, I just kept mashing X and occasionally did a technique, but it got annoying. Graphically it's nice, but it just doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy. I need to see more.

That being said, as long as they don't screw up FF7 by trying to modernize it, the Remake all the way. If they mess it up...I'm done.

Jarlaxle

FFXV. I've played VII before and I'm really not sure I need to play it again. Most overrated FF out there. I get it because that's the one most people started with. Just makes me sad.

Soma

all i care about right now from s-e is heavensward and nier 2

ff xv seems fun but still wanting to see more from it

ff vii-r never cared THAT much for the original and i think nomura kinda sucks but since it'll be a looooong ass time before anything comes out of that, i'm just indifferent to it right now.

XV.

Most hyped game for me of all time.

Also I am more excited about the unannounced XVI, XVII, and so forth more so than a remake of VII. But I like that they do have guys that actually worked on the original VII working on it and I feel like they need more new blood in the future of the mainline series

Edit: The only game that could be more hyped about would be a full remake of VI, so that other thread what Nomura said is very interesting to me.

clo1_2000

Banned
Seems like FFXV has taken second place to FFVII for the last few days. I think FFXV can be great, I just need to see more of it. Right now FFVII has me the most pumped though.
Which one are you most excited about?

I feel the same way. In fact it may go like this:
  • FFVII
  • FF XIV X-pac
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • FFXV

Top Bottom