• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's gonna be gaming on PC + XBox SX?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shiny new hardware is one thing, but nearly instant bootup combined with nearly instant game state recovery (quick resume) will mean I'll be spending a lot more time on the TV gaming than I will on the PC most likely.

In addition to that, I have a few hundred OG / 360 BC titles that are getting boosted on the Series X and aren't playable on the PC.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm curious why some people combine a PC with an XBox as all games will be out on both. Doesn't the redundancy bother you?
Is it purely for having that shiny new hardware?
I will be because it is much cheaper atm to upgrade to XSX and then my GPU down the line when the prices drop/I can actually order one. My PC is mostly relegated to strategy games which is fine.

Nope
PC+PS5

tenor.gif

I'm curious why some people combine a PC with an XBox as all games will be out on both. Doesn't the redundancy bother you?

I have a pc with a old ass 480 that i use for strategy and simulators and pc exclusives at medium 1080p, my one x is chill because i can just plant my ass on the couch after a late day and play once in a while.

Plus im invested in gamepass ultimate, so its great for me, different games on both pc and xbox.

So yeah, i will probably get a series x. Hope that the kodi app will get 4k hdr support.

Last edited:
I have preordered S, but also plan to buy PC - wait for DDR5.
Then again I have been planning to get new PC for a year already ROFL.

TeKtheSanE

I play on Xbox because best friends refuse to get other platforms. But I do a mix of everything, just getting the games on whatever platform I feel like playing them on(Sometimes wherever it is cheapest). If Xbox somehow got the Japanese support that Playstation has I would probably drop them though as that's pretty much why I buy Playstation. Also Gamepass PC and Console differ slightly so it's cool to have it on both platforms anyways.

Last edited:

CeeJay

I currently play on Xbox One and laptop with a 1060 GPU and have my pre order in for XSX. The Xbox is connected to the main TV so if the wife is wanting to watch something I can play on my laptop and with play anywhere I can continue games I am on with playing. Also, some games are better with a controller on the big screen and some are better with mouse and keyboard. Another advantage of the laptop is the portability, it can come on holiday.

It might seem like a lot of overlap having two devices that can play the same games but they do both have their place.

I also have a mountain bike and a road bike, I can ride into town on both but there are things that each is better suited to and there are things that both can do that the other can't.

Stuart360

PC only. I was considering maybe getting a XSX or PS5 before i lost my job, but i doubt i would of done. Especially as i 100% believe Sony plan to release their games on PC over the coming years.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
With a PC, why buy a redundant Xbox?
Let me know when all of the Kingdom Hearts games are playable on PC. I'll wait right here.

Orta

Banned
BC is the biggest draw for me to invest in an xbox. Only problem is I'm not going to spend €500 on a SX and I'm certainly not going to repurchase all my OG & 360 games for the SS either.

Will most likely be PC only this gen.

Last edited:
I'm curious why some people combine a PC with an XBox as all games will be out on both.

I hear this "true fact" all the time, but it is in fact not true! There are definitely games that release on Xbox but not on PC. For example, the NHL games are not available on PC. There might be others, but I don't remember from the top of my head.

I just bought new PC hardware but I might buy XSX somewhere down the line just for shits and giggles. It's a neat piece of kit and would be fine for singleplayer games at 60fps or maybe even some mp games at 120fps.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I’m getting the console because the console Gamepass offering is intriguing and I find it has more options than the one on PC. If they were the same though I wouldn’t see myself diving in and getting a Series X.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Pc and xbox is the worst combination ever now with all the games going to pc.
Better off getting ps and/or switch.

MiguelItUp

Interesting to see so many going that route. I wasn't expected there to be too many considering a lot of the exclusives will be available on PC. But I never stopped to think about situations where folks have a PC that's current enough to play some games, but not all. So, in those situations it makes sense to go the XSX route as it's cheaper for some than updating their rig.

I preordered PS5 and Series X, I have a PC and will get the 3070 hopefully, and as far as the consoles I have to sell one of them and it will most likely be the PS5 because I dont want to pay 70 for a game and pay for another online subscription. With the Series X, I could back compat play all xbox games, resume my gamepass titles in different room and spend less by having gamepass.

Honestly, PC + Xbox makes more sense financially. Will prob buy a slim PS5 in the future.

teezzy

Banned
Going PC + XBOX is denying yourself great games for the sake of it, which I must say is pretty fanboy-ish.

But to each their own.

Theres a difference between preference and fanboyism though.

It's not fanboyism if the other companies just dont offer anything you're interested in. Ive had xb1, ps4, switch, and pc this gen. I kept the xbox and pc, sold the other two. Some people just prefer what xbox offers overall. Same goes for the other companies and their userbase.

I will. XsX is for family and for me occasionally to play with them. Gaming PC is for me and me alone. Also I have a PS5 on preorder also. Win, Win, Win.

Last edited:

Bridges

I am going PC + Xbox + Switch for the new gen, might get a PS5 down the road if they have any exclusives that appeal to me that won't also be on PS4.

Backwards compatibility is a huge deal to me and I have amassed quite a collection of digital purchases across the 360 and One, so in that respect I'm already locked into the Xbox ecosystem, plus it's where almost all of my friends play.

I also hugely value the "couch" experience, I'd much rather have a multiplat on console over PC if it's not too big of a downgrade (though I am admittedly still kicking myself for not picking up a SteamLink back when those were only a couple bucks).

I'm actually going to keep my One X and upgrade my PC with a 3080 (If I can ever get one) this gen. This is the first time I haven't bought the new Xbox.

Edgelord79

Gold Member

I have usually have all consoles solely for convenience. I main a PC and PS4 mostly, but use Xbox as a gamepass "sit back with the kids" machine (it gets a lot of use with the family whereas the PS4 gets more use with me personally). I'm fortunate not to have to worry about redundancy.

Havoc2049

I have gamed on both PC and Xbox since the OG Xbox days and don’t plan to change this gen. I love online multiplayer and I love Live and the level playing field that the Xbox console platform provides. For example, I could play Sea of Thieves on either PC or Xbox, but I chose to log into the Xbox only severs the majority of the time, because the open cross play PC/Xbox servers have a crap ton of PC Aimbot hackers. I also have tons of friends on Live and it has a great community.

BC on Xbox Series S/X will also be great and I love some of the console exclusives from previous gens. The Xbox will also have some console exclusives that never make it to PC.

Most of the games I play on PC are exclusive to that platform as well or certain genres just play better on PC.

I’m a happy PC/Xbox gamer.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
XBOX/PC is the only option for me period

XBOX in the living room, PC in the bedroom

Nothing I want to play on PS5 or Switch (that isn't already on PC)

If sony stopped censoring games and making western sjw cinematic borefests and went back to the PSX days sure I detest sony's vision of what the games industry should be

PlayStation has made it clear that they cater to a certain type of gamer and if you don't fit mold you are SOL so I can't support them in any way shape or form

Pre PS4 I would own an Xbox and Playstation every gen now I can't do that

Top Bottom