• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are bidets not the standard for toilets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this some meme I'm not getting or are you guys actually washing your feet in the shit-sink?

Italian guy here: that kind of bidet is pretty standard in every italian private bathroom/toilet (for obvious reasons is absent in public bathrooms). Yes: if you properly clean your house and bathroom, you can also use it to wash your feet. My granpa was an hygiene maniac and cleaned the bathroom every single morning, so we had no trouble using the bidet for both purposes.

As for my ass cleaning routine: first swipe with toilet paper to remove major poop residues, than use the bidet to completely clean the butt. Than swipe your butt dry with a small towel (every family member has its own, if it is absent for some reason, use toilet paper again)

dtcm83

I don't use a bidet because a) I didn't grow up with one and have never used one, so I really don't know what I'm missing out on, and b) the concept of wetting my butt and presumably having water dripping off my butt cheeks and/or thighs sounds horrible. I can clean my butt with toilet paper sufficiently already. Why introduce water into the equation? Just because it feels cool and refreshing or something?

jm89

We live amongst cavemen.

The only time i use toilet paper by itself is when i have no choice at work or some public place, and i feel disgusting for the rest of the day.

I remember in the UK the EDL would go around calling Muslims dirty, yet all of them probably walked around with dry shit stuck between their cracks.

dpunk3

Someone posted a thread about this a few months ago. Bidets seem a lot more sanitary, that's for sure. I've never seen one even outside of America, but I sure as shit intend to have one on every toilet in my house when I get one.

Chorazin

I don't use a bidet because a) I didn't grow up with one and have never used one, so I really don't know what I'm missing out on, and b) the concept of wetting my butt and presumably having water dripping off my butt cheeks and/or thighs sounds horrible. I can clean my butt with toilet paper sufficiently already. Why introduce water into the equation? Just because it feels cool and refreshing or something?

Because it actually cleans you off. Why do people think you only use the bidet? Spray, use a little bit of TP to dry, DONE. No wiping a bunch of times, muss no fuss.

bionic77

Americans just elected Trump as President.

It should be no surprise that we don't know the right way to clean our ass.

I am all for it. My only problem with the washlets is the one I tried had a small seat. If they came with bigger seats and were cheaper I would install them in every bathroom in the house.

As it is I am looking into the seat covers. The nice ones need an electrical outlet which is the real problem as most US bathrooms don't have that next to the toilet.

I think the biggest misconception is that the water that you dry from your butt after you are finished is somehow dirtier than when you wash any other part of your body. If you end up with "poopoo water" on your butt you haven't finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom