• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do people sleep on Carly Rae Jepsen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Uuuugh, I love she! I wish she got more love from the masses. Emotion is pop album of the half decade material.

But what do you think of her new Side-B? SOOO Good

Fp9eRGT.gif

I'd like to sleep with her....oh wait...that's not what the thread title says.

Honestly, it's not my type of music so I never listen to those radio stations. I've obviously heard Call me Maybe in games and elsewhere, but haven't heard a lot of other stuff by her.

But I like what I have heard more than most of her genre.

Captcha

Forgot about this thread.

How old are you? I'm not sure why, but your thread title reads like someone old trying to sound young.

Why aren't people getting jiggy with Carly Rae Jepsen?

Pff, hahah. I'm not that old (29).

But what do you think of her new Side-B? SOOO Good

Fp9eRGT.gif

I use First Time and Fever heavily. It was just OK to me overall, though.

manakel

I apologize for the bump, but I figured it would be better to add to this thread rather that create a new thread.

Carly Rae Jepsen's song from the movie "Leap!" has been ripped from the movie, and it's already SOTY 2017 material. Apparently it was cut from her album and used for this movie instead. How does she do it? Every. Single. Time. Carly Slay Jepsen indeed.

Listen Here

The Lamp

I apologize for the bump, but I figured it would be better to add to this thread rather that create a new thread.

Carly Rae Jepsen's song from the movie "Leap!" has been ripped from the movie, and it's already SOTY 2017 material. Apparently it was cut from her album and used for this movie instead. How does she do it? Every. Single. Time. Carly Slay Jepsen indeed.

Listen Here

She's the best thing to happen to pop in years.
Like, Emotion Side B is absolutely fucking awesome.

She takes MY LIFE HIGHER

This new song is awesome

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I loved call me maybe...checked out her channel. I really like you with tom hanks = pretty fucking amazing. Will check out her new album. 🏄🏼

burgervan

Her music is pleasant and inoffensive but kind of nondescript. There's zero character to any of it, even if it's well done from a base songwriting perspective.

I get why people like it, but I find it dull.

Diablos

I don't really listen to her stuff but I think the song she did with Blood Orange -- it's called Better Than Me -- is excellent (from 2016's Freetown Sound album by Blood Orange, which is also excellent)

I didn't even know it was her at first (seems to be quite a departure from what she normally does) and when I found out I was really impressed. Underrated song. The vocals are top notch and she really makes the song come to life. It sticks with you...

CoolOff

I don't really listen to her stuff but I think the song she did with Blood Orange -- it's called Better Than Me -- is excellent (from 2016's Freetown Sound album by Blood Orange, which is also excellent)

I didn't even know it was her at first (seems to be quite a departure from what she normally does) and when I found out I was really impressed. Underrated song. The vocals are top notch and she really makes the song come to life. It sticks with you...

Holy shit is that Carly Rae? Had no idea, and I've listened to the album like 100 times.

Not

Banned
Guys how fucking good is "The One"

It might be the best pop song of the last decade

WEIRD how no one cares about it

Holy shit is that Carly Rae? Had no idea, and I've listened to the album like 100 times.

Me neither. That's crazy. I love that song too.

Ottaro

The kween just released a video for the Song that Should Have Been The Song of The Summer (but people can't be trusted to have taste) :

Cut to the Feeling MV

It is a music video. Buy your Lavazza coffee right now.
I am only just now realizing how much CRJ looks like the waitress from Sunny. :lol

WOW!!! I had no clue! And here I thought that album was already perfect. Now it's perfecter.

Diablos

WOW!!! I had no clue! And here I thought that album was already perfect. Now it's perfecter.
Yep, it's a different style for her... makes me wonder if she was doing the song not only to contribute to such a great album, but to also see if this is a style she can revisit for her future work. I strongly prefer the more chill and melancholic version of of Carly Rae Jepsen, I hope she pursues more songs with this kind of vibe.

And yeah, Freetown Sound is near perfect. I don't even listen to that kind of stuff usually but the songs are so strong. He's gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom