• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why havent Disney made a proper adaptation of their comics?

petran79

Banned
By that I mean the classic comics of Carl Barks and Don Rosa like The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, the comics where Mickey Mouse is a police detective, the comics with Donald as the Duck Avenger or even the adventures of Goofy as Super Goof. Some were created by European artists, most notably from Italy.
Those comics feature tons of characters like my favorite Disney character Fethry Duck, Scrooge's rival John D. Rockerduck, Brigitta MacBridge etc Havent read Disney comics for a long time. Now I see that even more were added.

Instead they had to add everything inside the old and new Ducktales, limiting characters only in cameo appearances. While I dont mind Ducktales, Disney comics have much more variety in narrative and do not only focus in adventures.

Now I do not trust Disney since they werent even able to do this in their prime. But it was always my wish to see some of my favorite stories properly animated.

While WB and Marvel handled their comic adaptations much better over the years

pramod

Banned
Who knows maybe theyve been planning this all along. Dumbo. Lion King. Aladdin. They seem to be slowly reviving all their old franchises.

Top Bottom