• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

Tansut

I don't think so, but it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. MMLC and Ducktales remastered both got physical releases a few months after digital. The only game Capcom seems to want to keep download exclusive is Ace Attorney.
Capcom has set a precedent for physical releases, but I wonder if this time will be different since Capcom and Backbone announced the physical edition the same time as the game announcement.

What type of hardware do these run on, or better yet because it isn't out, what did the MegaMan collection require? Would handhelds based on Intel Atom handle these or is there a lot of overhead on the emulation trying to preserve accuracy? Seem like amazing candidates.

The Mega Man Legacy Collection runs perfectly on my GPD WIN, so I'm sure this will too.

Vidal

This would be perfect if it had Quackshot.

Quackshot
World of Illusion
GoofTroop

shut-up-and-take-my-rupees_o_186585.jpg

Any word on whether this will get a physical release or not?
Not yet, but there's a pretty good chance. Out of the dozen or so Capcom remasters/compilations to be released in the last few years, only 2 to 3 (DR2: Off the Record, Ultra SF4 and DMC4+SE, at least outside of Japan) remain digital only.

Probably won't be for another few months though, ala Mega Man Legacy Collection.

I sort of wish the Rewind function wasn't in this collection, because I think people are going to Rewind their way through the games (which aren't that hard) and then say that they suck.

https://www.exophase.com/game/the-disney-afternoon-collection-psn/

No platinum on the collection confirmed (and no plats on any of the games) and only bronze trophies. As a trophy collector and someone who was looking forward to this, this saddens me. Also, the fact it's $20 I was expecting at least 1 plat. :(

If I didn't want to see this collection to succeed so there could be others down the line I would not of pre-ordered it knowing what I know now.

That's a disappointing list, then again the Mega Man Legacy Collection trophies sucked as well (that was missing a plat as well). Oh well, I'm not buying these games for the trophies so I'm still looking forward to getting it next week, but I was hoping it'd have a challenge mode or at least some trophies that are challenging (not sure how tough those speed runs will be? 2 hours sounds pretty lenient though).

Boy the preorder theme for this on PS4 is a joke. Static pic, whatever. But no music, and the font/symbols are white on a white background? Lol.

I'm generally a sucker for preorder themes and hoped for something charming...

Still, 3 days away!

The trophies for beating the games in under two hours have an exceedingly generous deadline. These are very short games, shouldn't take much more than an hour each. And Talespin can be beaten in like a half hour, that one's super short. (The "longplays" on youtube are 24 minutes long)

I'm torn on getting this, I only really want the 3 "duck" games.

Edit: and I grew up with these games, and they were not considered difficult when they first came out. I beat both Ducktales and Rescue Rangers the first day I owned them when I was 12. So they should be doable for anyone without abusing rewind, because I sucked at games back then :p

Yeah, those trophies look super easy. Perhaps the time attack ones are one life playthroughs or something?

I really, really want to bite on this, GAF. I'm a huge Capcom-head, but I just know that as soon as I do, they'll announce a physical version. I mean, in the last generation, only Ultra SSF4 on PS4 was the only digital game from Capcom that ever made it to physical, right?

Yeah, those trophies look super easy. Perhaps the time attack ones are one life playthroughs or something?

I really, really want to bite on this, GAF. I'm a huge Capcom-head, but I just know that as soon as I do, they'll announce a physical version. I mean, in the last generation, only Ultra SSF4 on PS4 was the only digital game from Capcom that ever made it to physical, right?

You can always be stupid like me and double dip. I'll buy the digital version on PS4 and if a physical version is announced later, I'll buy that too. Heck, if a Switch version is revealed at some point, I'll triple dip!

Constantly re-buying re-releases of old games is part of the fun!

Considering I never thought I would ever see these re-released in any capacity ever, I'd gladly double dip if/when a physical release comes around.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I want to believe in a physical release, but I can't wait for another minute to play chip and dale rescure rangers.

You can always be stupid like me and double dip. I'll buy the digital version on PS4 and if a physical version is announced later, I'll buy that too. Heck, if a Switch version is revealed at some point, I'll triple dip!

Constantly re-buying re-releases of old games is part of the fun!

I hear ya. A lot of times, I'll double and triple dip for different systems, especially if I want to support my favorite titles (Megaman, for example). I'm a big believer in voting with your wallet. But at the same time, if given a choice, I'd rather have physical over digital. I mean, the only steam titles I have paid full price for to this day are RE4HD and MMLC.

These days, money is more scarce than before (in the PS3/360/Wii generation) and for this, I have to be a few more selective, I'm afraid. For example, I buy PS4 as my primary (unless it's exclusive like Zelda or Halo, etc) then, will buy other versions of favorites on sale.

It sucks but what are you gonna do, eh?

Seems weird that these were originally a Nintendo exclusive, but they're not even coming to the Switch.

They were Nintendo exclusive when Nintendo were leading the pack in tech and third party support. Sadly times have changed.

There any differences between PC and PS4 we know of? Got PSN credit so I could get it 'free' if they're identical.

Mr_Moogle

Played most of these games as a kid and they are brutal as hell. Not sure I ever clocked one.

I only one I didn't play was Darkwing Duck. I didn't even watch the show as a kid. It's weird as hell that it slipped through the cracks given I watched nearly all their other stuff.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They were Nintendo exclusive when Nintendo were leading the pack in tech and third party support. Sadly times have changed.

There any differences between PC and PS4 we know of? Got PSN credit so I could get it 'free' if they're identical.
NES wasent even strong tech for the time

Seems weird that these were originally a Nintendo exclusive, but they're not even coming to the Switch. They should be on there.

This will probably come to Switch eventually. Digital Eclipse has probably been working on this since long before smaller devs received dev kits.

That being said, users earlier in this thread were being banned for bringing up Switch, so probably best just to drop it for now.

The Disney Afternoon Collection |OT| 90s Adventure Bear & Friends

I think I still have Darkwing Duck cartridge somewhere in storage, but I remember it being one of my first games alongside Super Mario and the first two TMNT games.

Played most of these games as a kid and they are brutal as hell. Not sure I ever clocked one.

I only one I didn't play was Darkwing Duck. I didn't even watch the show as a kid. It's weird as hell that it slipped through the cracks given I watched nearly all their other stuff.

Oh come on, these were easy games especially by NES standards, especially the Rescue Rangers games (except in two player, which quickly turns ugly the first time someone "accidentally" throws someone in a pit).

I'd be all over this if the Dragon's Trap remake didn't hit the same day. Between that and this with Duck Tales... man I feel like a kid all over again lol.

Can't wait to get stuck in eventually though, maybe they'll do a physical release by that point I can grab.

inki

I may have to check this out. As I watched all these shows (Hated Talespin though) and played all these games. I remember LOVING Duck Tales the game so much.

KingBroly

Banned
Does this have the Disney Afternoon song in the menus? Because if it doesn't, I simply ask what the point was? You can't call something "Disney Afternoon Collection" without having the song.

And I'll be wary of how this releases. MMLC still has issues that went unresolved.

Kyry

Does this have the Disney Afternoon song in the menus? Because if it doesn't, I simply ask what the point was? You can't call something "Disney Afternoon Collection" without having the song.

And I'll be wary of how this releases. MMLC still has issues that went unresolved.

The Disney Afternoon theme was in the announcement trailer, its probably in the games title screen at least

Azriell

This is really cool. I didn't know what to expect when I entered the thread, but now I'm totally pumped.

I really like these classic collections Capcom has been putting out, and $20 is a great price point for this. Often times, I think these compilations can be a bit of a hard sell vs piracy and unofficial emulation, because the value proposition isn't there for the product and there are features missing that would be available in the unofficial emulator. This package offers the original games, plus features and extras, and some unofficial emulator features (rewind, in particular, which is the rough equivalent of savestates for when you need to cheese through the difficulty). I feel like Capcom is putting this compilation is a really great spot, and people can feel good about paying for 30 year old games.

Santar

The buggy state of mega man legacy by the same developers has made me waiting to hear impressions of this before buying.

Mega Man Legacy shipping with pretty huge bugs pretty much put a huge dent in my faith in the developer.
And they even harped on and on how the main objective of MML was to be 100% true to the originals!

Really hope the Disney collection is bug free on all platforms.

Tansut

I want to believe in a physical release, but I can't wait for another minute to play chip and dale rescure rangers.
Yeah, I was holding out hope for a physical release, but I feel like it would've been announced by now.

Either way I want to play these starting tomorrow, so digital it is.

Piccoro

The Disney Afternoon Collection |OT| Play all the classics without switch consoles!

Good, witty title but technically all these classics could be played on a single console (the NES).

So a better title would be :
The Disney Afternoon Collection |OT| Play all the classics with no need to switch cartridges!

Top Bottom