• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

RhyDin

Is there a leaked achievement list for Steam yet? The rewind feature seems a bit silly, wondering if there's a chievo for completing without use of it.

BigMack

Is there a leaked achievement list for Steam yet? The rewind feature seems a bit silly, wondering if there's a chievo for completing without use of it.

There's one for beating any game without rewinding on the Xbox achievement list so I'd imagine so.

It's not a port beg if I'm asking for a physical release for the consoles this game has been already announced on, right? Because I'd totally buy a physical release of this game on PS4.

tomhan

I have an intense urge to buy it right now....yet I am about 90% sure I won't play more than an hour of any of these games. And at $20 I feel like I can't justify buying it or not buying it.

Im a huge capcom fan but I'm not a Disney fan and have never played any of these games (I played the Duck Tales remake on iPad).

I'm down for this because it is £6 including the free credit I got for spending £50 last month, are they particularly difficult?

Some of those games seem...not...good.

It's a collection of five very good games and TaleSpin. I do wonder how well they hold up, particularly for people who've never played them before.

Im a huge capcom fan but I'm not a Disney fan and have never played any of these games (I played the Duck Tales remake on iPad).

I'm down for this because it is £6 including the free credit I got for spending £50 last month, are they particularly difficult?

They're among the easiest games on the NES.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I never played any of these, yet loved the Disney Afternoon block and retro games. $20 is a hell of a deal.

What games have simultaneous co-op?

KingBroly

Banned

The Duck Tales remake is mediocre and a terrible remake whereas the original is great. It's more "free form" than the Remake which requires everything. It's also very easy.

Darkwing Duck is really tough, though.

But the quality of the port is really going to drive me to or away from it

Makes sense. These aren't so balls hard that my 11 year old daughter couldn't play, are they? I gotta imagine that, historically, these were made for people her age but with 8 bit stuff you never know if they got the balance right.

Well, I finished the first game when I was 8. She should be fine. If I recall correctly, the sequel is even easier.

Bookman

I played through all games except tale spin back in the days and I think we considered ducktales 2 and chip and dales (1-2) easy.
Duck tales 1 normal
Darkwing duck hard as fuck

This is actually a really good collection if want a diversity in challange.

I have never played tale spin tho, any fans here? Could someone link to a good review?

I'm surprised people consider Darkwing Duck to be difficult. I guess it is the hardest game of the six.

I have never played tale spin tho, any fans here? Could someone link to a good review?

I like it, but it's honestly not a very good game. The difficulty feels a bit cheap. I take back my earlier comment and would say TaleSpin is the hardest game in this collection, but that's mainly because it's frustrating. Darkwing Duck presents a very fair challenge.

Megatron

Makes sense. These aren't so balls hard that my 11 year old daughter couldn't play, are they? I gotta imagine that, historically, these were made for people her age but with 8 bit stuff you never know if they got the balance right.

They are really, really easy. But still fun and awesome.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah, I was holding out hope for a physical release, but I feel like it would've been announced by now.

Either way I want to play these starting tomorrow, so digital it is.

capcom didn't announce there was going to be a physical release of ducktales remastered til like a month after it came out digitally, it's their strategy :mad:

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Little Nemo Dream Master When Capcom... WHEN

Oh man, I still have my Little Nemo Cartridge. It's in my closet along with my NES, SNES, and Genesis. I still never beat that fucking game. That last level just kicked my ass too much. I'd kill for a re-release of the original NES Dream Master, then a super awesome remaster that looks like Windsor McKay artwork come to life. That'd be my dream scenario, no pun intended.

This collection sounds amazing, but I don't know if I'll be picking it up day one. The main reason is because I have a bunch of other games I'm playing now. But that Disney Afternoon nostalgia is too great, so I may cave... Too many fond memories of rushing home after school so I could make it in time to hear, "Dun dun dun! Some times, some crimes, go slipping through the cracks..."

I really need to buy all of these cartoons already. Disney had some of the most memorable and catchy themes songs of all cartoons back then. Gummy Bears, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, just fucking catchy as hell.

It's a collection of five very good games and TaleSpin. I do wonder how well they hold up, particularly for people who've never played them before.

They're among the easiest games on the NES.

The Duck Tales remake is mediocre and a terrible remake whereas the original is great. It's more "free form" than the Remake which requires everything. It's also very easy.

Darkwing Duck is really tough, though.

But the quality of the port is really going to drive me to or away from it

Thanks for the info guys!

KingBroly

Banned

The low game on the totem pole here is TaleSpin. DuckTales 2 and Chip & Dale 2 are late NES titles that are very overlooked but still in the same ballpark as their predecessors' quality.

Darkwing Duck is probably the best game. It's pretty tough, though.

Just played for 15 minutes (PS4).

The "popping" sound that permeated certain music tracks in the Mega Man Legacy Collection returns here. I've noticed it on two tracks so far (Ducktales 1 and Darkwing Duck level select screens). But like the MMLC, it only appears in certain tracks. Most don't have it. I wouldn't expect this to be fixed via a patch (it wasn't fixed in the MMLC update), so if that's going to be an issue for you, you've been warned.

The presentation is pretty slick. It's a nice improvement over the UI in the Legacy Collection. Don't really have much more to say, yet.

jholmes

I have to step in and say TaleSpin really does not deserve the sort of slagging it gets. Unquestionably it's the black sheep here because it's not a platformer, but it's a solid, albeit very short and relatively easy, shooter.

The big problem with TaleSpin is the difficulty curve. It starts hard and that first level throws you in the deep end. Other than one really ridiculous boss later on (not the last boss) it doesn't really get much harder. But the level design is good and the gameplay is tight.

I seriously considered making a full LttP after I beat it a couple years back on a lark. I wish I did, it needs some boosters out here now. I used to badmouth it constantly before one day a friend came over and I showed it to him, and I damn near beat it on that one-off sitting. I gave it a couple more runs shortly after, and now I'm a believer.

Eusis

None of us give a fuck about Tailspin last I checked.

EDIT: Last Checked also means before looking at the last few posts in the thread! But to be realistic most of us hopefully knew not to expect every game to be a timeless classic.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Only Talespin is the clunker. The rest are wonderful.

Darkwing Duck will probably surprise most as its a fantastic late-gen Megaman game that most missed out on as the SNES was already in year 2 or 3.

Dishwalla

Banned
Rewind function is pretty dang cool, watching Darkwing fly backwards from a mistake. These are the things I wish we had as kids.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I love retro games but somehow never really played a single one of these. I beat the
Jester
level of Darkwing Duck and enjoyed it. Darkwing is somewhat sticky by design and I've got to get the hang of his movement. If memory serves to jump down off of something you need to press down and jump, not just down, which seems sort of unnatural to me. Still, I really like the shield move, that's very thoughtful.

I can't wait for the weekend to play Rescue Rangers with my kids. I think that'll be a real kick. Cool package for a nice price. I love the UI, and Rewind is great.

rec0ded1

I wished for so long to once again play rescue rangers with friends. After all these years it's here but now I have no friends.

Quackshot
World of Illusion
GoofTroop

shut-up-and-take-my-rupees_o_186585.jpg

Fry plus Link = Frink?

I wish there was a way to disable the rewind function in the options. It completely breaks these games, but I'll admit it's tempting to use it from time to time.

Lynd7

Just played for 15 minutes (PS4).

The "popping" sound that permeated certain music tracks in the Mega Man Legacy Collection returns here. I've noticed it on two tracks so far (Ducktales 1 and Darkwing Duck level select screens). But like the MMLC, it only appears in certain tracks. Most don't have it. I wouldn't expect this to be fixed via a patch (it wasn't fixed in the MMLC update), so if that's going to be an issue for you, you've been warned.

The presentation is pretty slick. It's a nice improvement over the UI in the Legacy Collection. Don't really have much more to say, yet.

Thats pretty bad that they didn't address an issue that was already present in the last collection :S

Thats pretty bad that they didn't address an issue that was already present in the last collection :S

Oh yeah, I should warn people that the "popping" sound (I wish I had a better way to describe this, sorry) is present in...

...wait for it...

...the Moon Theme. If any track should have escaped this horrible fate, it's this one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Top Bottom