• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

The AVGN video on Darkwing Duck had me LOL. Good to see Disney is helping a new generation suffer through the same shit we had to as kids. Godspeed.

I only just beat Darkwing Duck for the first time last week. I had the game since 5th or 6th grade. I could never beat Steel Beak. The truth is, I had to watch a youtube video to get the right strategy to beat him.

Santar

Just played for 15 minutes (PS4).

The "popping" sound that permeated certain music tracks in the Mega Man Legacy Collection returns here. I've noticed it on two tracks so far (Ducktales 1 and Darkwing Duck level select screens). But like the MMLC, it only appears in certain tracks. Most don't have it. I wouldn't expect this to be fixed via a patch (it wasn't fixed in the MMLC update), so if that's going to be an issue for you, you've been warned.

Oh yeah, I should warn people that the "popping" sound (I wish I had a better way to describe this, sorry) is present in...

...wait for it...

...the Moon Theme. If any track should have escaped this horrible fate, it's this one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sigh, this was what I was afraid of.
They STILL couldn't fix this issue? And they pride them on these re-releases being absolutely 100% true to the originals even. It just maakes the whole thing feel sloppy and inferior to just playing the games on emulators.
So disappointed to hear this :(

Just bought it on PS4. I'm not familiar with these games but I loved the Mega Man collection so I'm down for more Capcom NES games.

Is there any downside to playing Ducktales on easy, like being locked out of some stages or something?

I'll be doing what I did with Ducktales (purchased on ps3/360/pc) and buy the ps4/xbo/pc versions the games were staples of my childhood and worth multi buying.

hongcha

Just bought it on PS4. A quick test of a few games and they run very well. Monitor mode adds nice scanlines. The gallery has all the box art work, including the gameboy games! I wonder if those are unlockables in this collection.

Robin64

Popping audio in collections where the devs claim to be creating the most perfect experience is inexcusable.

Is the audio popping present in the PC version? I have eleven different ways to play these games so if the emulation is botched then I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still not up on Steam.

It's unlocking at 9am PT:

t1492531200z4.png

Megatron

Just bought it on PS4. I'm not familiar with these games but I loved the Mega Man collection so I'm down for more Capcom NES games.

Is there any downside to playing Ducktales on easy, like being locked out of some stages or something?

I dont know the answer to this, but ducktales isnt a hard game at all. You should try it on normal. Theres a freaking rewind if you really need it!

Beat Rescue Rangers time trial in just over 30 minutes after not playing it since I was 12. I'm not even in the top ten lol. Then beat it again to get the trophy for beating a game without rewinding. Rescue Rangers is still a great game, very easy but fun to play with good level design and the coop is hilarious.

Megatron

They're old licensed NES games. They've never been more than okay.

No, they were really good games, like all nes games, they're 25+ years old and dont compare well to modern games. That certainly doesnt mean they were never good.

Top Bottom