• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is GAF so outraged over Halo and Xbox right now?

It doesn’t matter.

The problem is like if Sony say: spider man is delayed, or Astro bot is delayed or any showcase first party game expected to release day is delayed.

Is bad PR, more if they just made an event for it.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's a cause of the hype derailment

Xbox kept hyping up power, people were expecting earth shattering graphics (myself included) at launch

Yeah, right, and sony hasnt been hyping the ps5? So if they have any issues delivering on that you'll be right there to pounce eh?

It's still a very powerful game machine that will deliver as promised......so impatient.....

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Yeah, right, and sony hasnt been hyping the ps5? So if they have any issues delivering on that you'll be right there to pounce eh?

It's still a very powerful game machine that will deliver as promised......so impatient.....
Sony hasn't been going heavy on touting their console capabilities as much as MS. It's cool for MS to hype up their box but when you do that you have to deliver on the hype

So far they haven't from what we've seen

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
" I have problems with the way XBOX is going and as a result am more likely to get a PS5 at launch, does that make me some kinda SONY pony?" - It's right there in the post, I elaborated on it in the follow up is all. You can go back and look at the post, it has no edit history, the question is in your quote as well, you just ignored it and put your dick on the table for measuring for no reason?? The weird part is you acted like responding to part of my post also had no purpose, you asked me what it proved while ignoring the actual context behind me sharing mine and asking someone else to share theirs. It's like you live in this bizarro world where people aren't making entire arguments, you just engage the parts you can argue with.

You clearly think my posts are worth engaging (hence posting your gamer card) but only on the condition you ignore what they're actually about and hope other people don't see through what you're doing.
To be honest, I really don’t care that much, your hurt feelings mean nothing to me.

I posted my card because you issued it as if it were some sort of challenge.

But now I will answer your question, entirely in my own opinion, so you no longer feel slighted.

It doesn’t matter how much gamerscore or how many games you have played, neither of those things make you an Xbox fan, (or a Sony fan, or a Nintendo fan.)

Its how you approach the conversation. If you jump in a thread to offer valid constructive criticism, nobody is going to jump down your throat for it. It’s fine to be a fan of games and not like where something is going. Nobody is going to get on you for being critical, but if you are a fan, you should understand where other fans who may not feel the same as you are coming from. (Nobody is ever happy with every choice they make)

It’s a different thing to jump into every thread posting negative things that offer no value, just to shit on stuff, and ignore all the stuff others like because you don’t.

That is the difference between a fan and a troll.

Perhaps you should take a step back and ask yourself where you really fit now. Hint: Your posts have been more Troll then fan, that’s why the community has labeled you as such, despite your “fandom.”

Think about it.

(Using Gamercards and Gamerscore isn’t the answer BTW.)

PS: I sent you a message on Live respond with GreenTomatoes if you want to confirm it’s you.

Last edited:
Just think about it...

Unlimited budget (500 mil rumoured)

5+ yrs of development time

One of biggest franchises in gaming

Made under XBox head who 'gets' games.

I think hype was too high as there was no news of troubled development.

VN1X

Banned
giphy.gif

More Halo threads please.

BeardGawd

Banned
I'm honestly just dumbfounded. All they had to do was somewhat match the "engine trailer" from a couple years ago and what we've seen doesn't even come close. It looked fun at least I'll give it that.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm honestly just dumbfounded. All they had to do was somewhat match the "engine trailer" from a couple years ago and what we've seen doesn't even come close. It looked fun at least I'll give it that.
Fun is the least important part of game design lately it seems.

Everything fun gets shit on.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Games get delayed, we just need to live with it. Also if they would have not delayed and release version that looks like halo on Xbox 360 same people would be outraged (mostly Sony fans that will never buy Xbox). Having said that probably worth pointing out that there are some people here that regardless what the final product will look like they will shit on it, only because it is on ms console.

Klayzer

Breath of the Wild Sucked.

Breakable weapons and horrible map traversal plus Stamina sucked a bunch of the fun out.

I don’t want to follow a walk through to make it plpayable.
Oh lawd! You didn't just criticize BOTW. There will be blood to be payed with rupees soon.

Tulipanzo

Mainly:
- Halo: Infinite is THE ONLY major exclusive title confirmed for XBox in the next two years
- It had an embarrassing, widely ridiculed demo, with many suggesting a delay
- People still defended that demo, until the game was delayed, then it was "the right decision"

Context:
- People and MS were pushing the XSX as "the world's most powerful console" early this year, based on a 15% TF advantage
- People also hailed XBox's strategy as more forward, open, and effective, in contrast to PlayStation's "silence"
- The game, and MS's general strategy being a train-wreck is seen as comeuppance for that nonsense

Kanton

90 % consoleros and 10% drama queens. If Halo has good multiplayer gameplay, all this shit is forgotten in a day. Majority of the biggest multiplayer games look OK at best. From what i could see from the singleplayer footage it looked like they are inspired by the old Halo´s. Thats promising for multiplayer which this game stand and falls on.

NinjaBoiX

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve recently returned here after years away and yeah, the fanboy stuff can be kind of embarrassing.

Some funny memes and stuff, but in the main, embarrassing.

Hudo

Both Sony and Microsoft have delivered nothing remarkable so far. Both products are equally disappointing/mediocre prospects. The marketing of both products fail equally in telling me why a new generation of consoles is necessary. And while Microsofts launch lineup is pretty weak without Halo, Sony's launch lineup isn't really something to brag about either. It seems to me like both companies try to force a launch this year while both not being really ready.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Both Sony and Microsoft have delivered nothing remarkable so far. Both products are equally disappointing/mediocre prospects. The marketing of both products fail equally in telling me why a new generation of consoles is necessary. And while Microsofts launch lineup is pretty weak without Halo, Sony's launch lineup isn't really something to brag about either. It seems to me like both companies try to force a launch this year while both not being really ready.
It doesn’t matter much, they will both sell out all they can produce, while people here still argue about it.

DavidGzz

Those 12 tf were too much to handle for the Sony Fanboys, they took it harder than Sony themselves, so when Halo, a cross gen game, didn't blow everyone away graphically they exploded in personal victory. They've lost their minds and have been on a shitposting tear, ever since. :D

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Those 12 tf were too much to handle for the Sony Fanboys, they took it harder than Sony themselves, so when Halo, a cross gen game, didn't blow everyone away graphically they exploded in personal victory. They've lost their minds and have been on a shitposting tear, ever since. :D
They don’t realize every game is going to be worse on thier system.

This will be the playstation advantage, it sucks more, but we have free DLC for a month.

It’s going to get embarrassing soon.

To me, Microsoft hyped up the horse power that the console can produce and hyped up one of their biggest selling game that was going to take full advantage of the power from the console. When the demo was shown, there was nothing breath taking about it. It didn't scream next gen in terms of visuals. 343i fanboys defended it by saying it was an older build, if that was the case then why use an older build for a major announcement and marketing it as a system seller. 343i/MS had no intention of delaying the game until the meme-game became too strong for them. Sheer incompetence from 343i/MS. Even though it was the right thing to do. This is going to be very bad for the XSX launch.

I am a huge Halo (Bungie era) fan and I really want to see Infinite do well as it seems like that they have finally taken feedback on board but I really have little faith of how the game is being handled.

thelastword

Banned
All I'm seeing on GAF is pure earth-shattering asshurt over the decision to delay Halo Infinite (which Halo and Xbox fans seem to be supportive of throughout those communities) and how it spells Xbox's obvious doom . My question is: why do we want MS to rush games to be out at the console launch? This was the problem with pretty much the entire Xbone generation, with half-baked first party games being pushed out the door early to meet holiday sales. Halo 5 was rushed and incomplete. MCC was rushed and VERY incomplete. Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, and more... all suffered for the same reason which was MS giving them no room to breathe and an unreasonable deadline. Now we're seeing MS give their first party devs time to finish their games, evidenced by the fact that we're seeing many of the big games being released a few years into the launch of the XsX.

The biggest talking point I'm seeing regarding this is that the PS5 will obviously beat out Xbox this holiday. But... where are the big PS5 games? Sony seems to be going the same route with giving devs time to breathe and fully cook their games.

Not rushing games and allowing devs to release feature-complete experiences is the only way these consoles are going to prosper during the early few years, and that's the investment we're seeing on both sides. So why the hatred for Xbox?
I have one question for you OP.......You say MS games were rushed, that's far from the fact.....Many of the MS games you mentioned including the AA games were delayed and in development for ages and that's before Covid hit.....Are you telling me that Crackdown 3 did not have enough time in development? Are you suggesting that MS games should get 10-15 years in development?

You need to know the landscape of console gaming, which is usually 5-7 years. You don't have that luxury and time to twiddle your thumb, that's why preparation and talent is key and it's usually MS that is quick to cut the generation way before anyone else. Guerilla took 8 months to put Killzone Shadowfall together, it's a 73 on Meta with high production values and graphics. MS takes years and years and several delays to put Crackdown 3 together (a 60Meta)...and compare it's graphical quality and production values vs Killzone Shadowfall........That is the current situation with MS.

The style of games MS is pushing out, the AA/Indie style games should take no more than 1.5 years in the oven and their quality should be much better than what they are currently. It's what they need to do. That argument of more time is only an excuse, it's what Phil Spencer has been selling from the time he was made head......More time in development will not fix MS games, they need to create better quality games in less time actually, that's the reality they need to embrace. How they need to make that happen is what Phil Spencer should have been putting in place instead of all these interviews, hype sessions and twitter faceoffs for 7 years..

jigglet

Banned
If you look at it in a vacuum yeah it's stupid to criticise them. They're delaying ONE of many launch games to make it better.

But you can't look at it in a vaccum. You need to consider the L they took on XB1 and this being the redemption story. The 7 years they've had to prepare. The promises Phil made. The multi-year drought of XB1 games so all resources could be shifted to next gen. The $500m budget. The 5 years since Halo 5. The lessons they should have learned from Halo 5 and MCC. There's too much context here to be anything other than upset at what's going on.

Bryank75

Banned
Oh, I wasn't saying that social justice is a major issue within the games themselves (outside of ND as you pointed out), but that the move to California HQ has caused Social justice to seep into how they deal with games in general. What gets censored, what games get banned from the platform (such as Super Seducer). Hence the "social justice/censorship" part. Sorry if it wasn't clearer.
Ah I see, sorry. I too often make assumptions...

I have one question for you OP.......You say MS games were rushed, that's far from the fact.....Many of the MS games you mentioned including the AA games were delayed and in development for ages and that's before Covid hit.....Are you telling me that Crackdown 3 did not have enough time in development? Are you suggesting that MS games should get 10-15 years in development?

You need to know the landscape of console gaming, which is usually 5-7 years. You don't have that luxury and time to twiddle your thumb, that's why preparation and talent is key and it's usually MS that is quick to cut the generation way before anyone else. Guerilla took 8 months to put Killzone Shadowfall together, it's a 73 on Meta with high production values and graphics. MS takes years and years and several delays to put Crackdown 3 together (a 60Meta)...and compare it's graphical quality and production values vs Killzone Shadowfall........That is the current situation with MS.

The style of games MS is pushing out, the AA/Indie style games should take no more than 1.5 years in the oven and their quality should be much better than what they are currently. It's what they need to do. That argument of more time is only an excuse, it's what Phil Spencer has been selling from the time he was made head......More time in development will not fix MS games, they need to create better quality games in less time actually, that's the reality they need to embrace. How they need to make that happen is what Phil Spencer should have been putting in place instead of all these interviews, hype sessions and twitter faceoffs for 7 years..
*Mic Drop*

Vawn

Banned
Ah yes, you really showed me with your giant playstation light up sign.

You said I've never owned an Xbox. I've owned them all.

I never said I don't prefer PlayStation because of their games, I definitely do.

The sign was a gift though. Of someone wants to gift me an Xbox and Nintendo one too, I'd love to mount those as well.

Amiga

All I'm seeing on GAF is pure earth-shattering asshurt over the decision to delay Halo Infinite (which Halo and Xbox fans seem to be supportive of throughout those communities) and how it spells Xbox's obvious doom . My question is: why do we want MS to rush games to be out at the console launch? This was the problem with pretty much the entire Xbone generation, with half-baked first party games being pushed out the door early to meet holiday sales. Halo 5 was rushed and incomplete. MCC was rushed and VERY incomplete. Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay, and more... all suffered for the same reason which was MS giving them no room to breathe and an unreasonable deadline. Now we're seeing MS give their first party devs time to finish their games, evidenced by the fact that we're seeing many of the big games being released a few years into the launch of the XsX.

The biggest talking point I'm seeing regarding this is that the PS5 will obviously beat out Xbox this holiday. But... where are the big PS5 games? Sony seems to be going the same route with giving devs time to breathe and fully cook their games.

Not rushing games and allowing devs to release feature-complete experiences is the only way these consoles are going to prosper during the early few years, and that's the investment we're seeing on both sides. So why the hatred for Xbox?

the entire PS4 lineup are PS5 launch games. most 3rd party publishers announced free upgrades.

and the fast user experience of the OS is the biggest console seller at launch. there is a reason why they didn't show this yet. because it's biggest thing.

The flak they've been getting has been tame:

- XB1 being left to wither and die the last year whilst PS4 has had FF7 Remake, Death Stranding, TLOU2 and GoT
- Boasts of '12tflops most powerful console' yet zero games shown running on the thing
- Their biggest game looking like old gen and missing launch, leaving an already bare launch even more empty

Should this all be brushed under the carpet because Spencer is making claims in some interview again? No.

Last edited:
To be honest, I really don’t care that much, your hurt feelings mean nothing to me.

I posted my card because you issued it as if it were some sort of challenge.

But now I will answer your question, entirely in my own opinion, so you no longer feel slighted.

It doesn’t matter how much gamerscore or how many games you have played, neither of those things make you an Xbox fan, (or a Sony fan, or a Nintendo fan.)

Its how you approach the conversation. If you jump in a thread to offer valid constructive criticism, nobody is going to jump down your throat for it. It’s fine to be a fan of games and not like where something is going. Nobody is going to get on you for being critical, but if you are a fan, you should understand where other fans who may not feel the same as you are coming from. (Nobody is ever happy with every choice they make)

It’s a different thing to jump into every thread posting negative things that offer no value, just to shit on stuff, and ignore all the stuff others like because you don’t.

That is the difference between a fan and a troll.

Perhaps you should take a step back and ask yourself where you really fit now. Hint: Your posts have been more Troll then fan, that’s why the community has labeled you as such, despite your “fandom.”

Think about it.

(Using Gamercards and Gamerscore isn’t the answer BTW.)

PS: I sent you a message on Live respond with GreenTomatoes if you want to confirm it’s you.

This isn't about hurt feelings, no one had said anything to me directly I was asking who is part of "Sony GAF" and how it was determined.

It's not about feeling slighted.

Oh okay, so you could never play an XBOX game, the real important thing is you say the right things on a video game forum.

Again, I'm not mad at anyone for jumping down my throat, I'm responding to passive aggressive commentary about SonyGAF and wondering how this SonyGAF idea works.

Community has labeled me? Are you some community ambassador to be telling me this? Can you show me why my posts come off as troll posts? Maybe you could even report them to the mods!

"Your gamerscore/card doesn't matter... btw please confirm it's really you" I sent your weird message, thought it was made-up at first that you even sent it because on PC Gamepass it looks like this...

ryqJsvT.png

Went and booted up the Series X and saw it, you got your weird answer.

JLB

Banned
Let me fix the title for you OP: "Why is SonyGAF so outraged over Halo and Xbox right now?"
The answer then becomes much straightforward.

Last edited:

Its a joke hence the wink.
Wow! people are really touchy about that.
[/QUOTE]

I have trouble with humor sometimes. It's like sarcasm it takes me forever to understand when someone is being sarcastic.

Sorry about that.

I haven’t had an Xbox since the OG Xbox. When MS and Sony started revealing some of the specs of next gen, I was ready to make the switch to Xbox. However, what I’ve seen has been underwhelming and disappointing.

I’m a game collector, and I’m not interested in Game Pass. So, switching to Xbox would come with the sacrifice of not playing the current gen games in my backlog on the next gen console. I was willing to make that sacrifice until the July reveal. Halo’s visuals were extremely disappointing and the gameplay did not look exciting to me. There were no other 1st party launch titles to justify this console for me. Now that I can’t go to my backlog, I’d be using the console as a movie player or be forced to support Game Pass, which I have no interest in as a collector. At least with PS5, I will have MM, possibly Kena, and my PS4 backlog to play at launch.

I’ve never been into R&C but the demo looked exciting and I’d love to play the Demon’s Souls remaster. on the Xbox side, there hasn’t been much 1st party to look forward to in their reveals. I think Avowed looks promising but very far out and Fable is definitely far out. I really wanted to leave Sony this generation, but MS has really dropped the ball in motivating people like myself. I really wish there was a better alternative to Sony. I really enjoy my Nintendo Switch and spend the most time on it, but I’d much prefer that Nintendo caught up with modern gaming in online play and console graphics or if Sega re-entered the console market.

So it’s only the Sony fanboys on NeoGAF disappointed and attacking the XBOX Series X? If Ratchet and Clank looked like trash, Sony would of got ridiculed as well. Remember the unparalleled hate TLOU2 received over more trifling and insignificant things? That was an exclusive Sony game you know. Death Stranding received a plethora of relentless hate as well. Another major Sony exclusive. The XSX attacks are far beyond NeoGAF. Check all over the internet to see how gamers really feel about the recent XBOX showing. The XSX was hyped beyond belief and Phil promised it was going to be mind-blowing, best games ever, 12TFLOPS, confidence in our show, etc so of course gamers are going to call them out if it doesn’t deliver. It’s the cruel internet.

But, but, but Sony’s launch isn’t great either!! I said it before, but Sony are by far the market leaders so they can afford a lackluster launch because the PlayStation brand is trusted and synonymous with quality for most gamers. They expect the quality games to come. Microsoft does not have that luxury. They have to impress to gain trust and market share back. It’s not that complicated.

Top Bottom