• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will The Last Of Us Part II be delayed, AGAIN?

Will TLOU II be postponed?

• Total voters

DonJorginho

Banned
The more things I see getting postponed due to the current situation in America, the more I suspect pessimistically that TLOU 2 is next on the chopping block for projects/events being postponed.

You have to remember that looting and riots are affecting distribution and stores being able to function, open and protect stock.

America is a massive money maker for any game obviously and TLOU 2 is no exception, so would Sony see it as wise to send out stock there just for it to get ransacked? Would they trust trucks with copies to be delivered when looters could easily hijack the truck like they have with Amazon Prime vehicles these last few days?

Then there's the political aspect and Naughty Dog, ND are a very political company and very orientated on human rights (even if their crunch methods say otherwise), and you can bet that at least one of the higher ups at the studio are contemplating whether releasing such a dark, morbid, hate filled game is needed in this time when people need positivity and to speak out.

Of course we still have time to go till launch and the riots could die down, but who's to say they won't escalate further given Trump's latest comments? Sony will need to ship out stock asap so this may be another case of something getting postponed for the sake of civil unrest.

Do you think The Last Of Us Part II will be delayed for another time? Or is it simply too far in the pipeline to put a halt on the procedures? Answer the poll and discuss below!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hopefully not and if it does it not end of the world, I'm currently swimming with all the games that I have to play.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Really really hope not. Hopefully this is all died down and solved within the next week

Reviewers have copies tons of people have copies already. How would they even handle this? How long would it even last?

Last edited:

Justin9mm

America is not the be all and end all to all decisions... The only reason why a game like MW is delaying their Season 4 is because greedy as fuck Activision does not want to lose max profits on their microtransactions!

The game has gone Gold, it's a done deal and nothing is going to stop that release train.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No as reviewers already have their review code. What would be the point in delaying it? Just over two more weeks to go!!!

THEAP99

Banned
IMO they're far too deep into the release cycle. Review copies are out in the hands of hundreds of people. Marketing spots have been placed on TV (the new live-action trailer ), consoles and discs are probably on a plane or boat being shipped as we speak..

It's just all so far into the release cycle it's too late.. I think that they will

A. Market it quiet and just let it sell on word of mouth
B. Have a percentage of opening week game sales go towards the protest movements in the USA
C. Both
D. They do what they will were already going to do and will accept hate from some people on the internet.

Maybe things will be died down by then anyways hopefully

Last edited:

Strategize

No.

1) They're too far into the marketing, with reviewers already playing/played.
2) The situation will most likely die down by then.
3) If they push TLOU. They'd have to push Ghost aswell.

When the Looting starts, the Shooting starts
DM0Dpxt.png

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nah, way too late. I imagine it will already be on its way to several large retailers to get ready. Delay it yet again and you massively increase the risk of leaks.

Top Bottom