• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2010 Anime Thread: Wandering Son & All the Other Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

flawfuls

So I felt inspired and made a logo of my own. Unfortunely I am no artist and I know not how to use the photoshops or anything so it is rather crude.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Branduil said:
No, Madoka is actually good. Whatever reasons OreImo was popular had nothing to do with quality.

OreImo was consider good when people tune in every week waiting for the magical incest, and disappointed and call it moe-crap when the season ended without one.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
zeroshiki said:
Meh, it usually is. At the very least it has redeeming qualities.

Madoka is far and away the best show this season. Wandering Son is in YMMV territory.
ಠ_ಠ

jman2050 said:
No shit?

I mean it's not like you can say something being popular means it's bad either.
No, but aren't you one of those people who rave about Madoka every page?

Branduil

kiunchbb said:
OreImo was consider good when people tune in every week waiting for the magical incest, and disappointed and call it moe-crap when the season ended without one.
I don't think anyone except crazy people thought it was good, let alone the show of the season. Unlike Madoka, there were numerous shows that were better that season.

kiunchbb said:
Anyone who knew what was going on knew there was never going to be incest. Thankfully we have the sweet sweet doujins to tide us over.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Branduil said:
No, Madoka is actually good. Whatever reasons OreImo was popular had nothing to do with quality.
He's probably talking about "objective" quality, i enjoyed both Oreimo and Madoka, but i wouldn't describe them as being objectively good in a sense!

jman2050

doomed1 said:
No, but aren't you one of those people who rave about Madoka every page?

When the subject comes out I rave about it. Given how popular the show is in this forum, there are a lot of opportunities for that :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
jman2050 said:
But OreImo is terrible, you're not making sense here.
OreImo was bad but it was fun to watch and talk about while it aired. I'm saying Madoka is the same way.

Branduil said:
Whatever reasons OreImo was popular had nothing to do with quality.
I have a feeling this applies to Madoka as well.

Uchip

Banned
Miri said:
WRONG! Uchip, I swear... first Toradora, now Gintama... One more bad call and I'm putting you on my frenemy list.

rofl
im sorry its just not all that funny
it tries so hard though, and i do get all the anime references

hellclerk

Lafiel said:
He's probably talking about "objective" quality, i enjoyed both Oreimo and Madoka, but i wouldn't describe them as being objectively good in a sense!
I don't know what people are doing at all comparing OreImo with Madoka in the first place. That's basic apples and oranges shit. It also doesn't hurt that OreImo was a character driven drama and therefore had alot of stuff going for it over Madoka. It did well to show sibling dynamics in an entertaining and comical space.

Madoka is little girls fighting cosmic horrors. It's a different tone from the start.

Uchip

Banned
Aigis said:
OreImo was bad but it was fun to watch and talk about while it aired. I'm saying Madoka is the same way.

I have a feeling this applies to Madoka as well.

it has quality music, plot and some original animation
oreimo was just kind of eh

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
These are the only ones left to go through so thread should be up in a bit:
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
Seikon no Qwasar
Ring ni Kakero
Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Yu-Gi-oh! Zexal
Metal Fight Beyblade 4D
Jewelpet Sunshine
Danbooru Senki
Happy Kappy
Suzy's Zoo Daisuki! Witzy

jman2050

doomed1 said:
I don't know what people are doing at all comparing OreImo with Madoka in the first place. That's basic apples and oranges shit. It also doesn't hurt that OreImo was a character driven drama and therefore had alot of stuff going for it over Madoka. It did well to show sibling dynamics in an entertaining and comical space.

But it was neither entertaining nor comical. The premise means nothing when the results aren't there.

Madoka is little girls fighting cosmic horrors. It's a different tone from the start.

Well yeah cause they're completely different shows. I mean, right now I need a frame of reference: what are you looking for in your entertainment that makes a particular work "good"?

Uchip

Banned
jman2050 said:
what are you looking for in your entertainment that makes a particular work "good"?

certainly not superniche anime dramacomedy that seems to justify its own perversions to its otaku fanbase

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
imtWpo.png

There, now no one can possibly complain.

(No toriko cause it's ugly)
(no Moshi, Azazel cause I can't find a decent image)
(Holo instead of ugly ass dog things)

Added tits.

Haly

I think "Anything is not scary any longer" belongs in there somewhere.

Haly

DrForester said:
ugh holo fanart....
Fan holo is best holo.

(WARNING: Clicking this link might get you arrested by the FBI)
This is a terrible post and you should feel bad.
Beauty is common in the world of anime, gotta step up your game if you want recognition.

hellclerk

Halycon said:
Fan holo is best holo.

(WARNING: Clicking this link might get you arrested by the FBI)
Not really, but it IS NSFW

Y'know what? I'll watch Madoka once the next thread gets made soon. I'll have real ammo against this nonsense.

Paprikka

Yay for Homura's magical apartment full of floating iPads.

Is the Elsea picture at the top from the one chapter where she's dreaming about eating a plate of firetrucks?

Haly

Paprikka said:
Is the Elsie picture at the top from the one chapter where she's dreaming about eating a plate of firetrucks?
Yes. I couldn't find a good picture of firetrucks so I decided to use that one instead. It also features elsea, freeing up some space for other stuff.

jman2050

doomed1 said:
Y'know what? I'll watch Madoka once the next thread gets made soon. I'll have real ammo against this nonsense.

Wait hold on you haven't even watched it yet?

I mean I figured if you didn't like it and explained why that was one thing but hell, I at least watched two full episodes of OreImo and kept up with subsequent episodes to form a rough opinion on it.

trejo

I must be starting to see things due to the wait for the Spring thread but I could swear I've read some posts criticizing Madoka but, surely, that cannot be the case. That's crazy. Maybe I should lie down for a bit.

Paprikka

Halycon said:
Yes. I couldn't find a good picture of firetrucks so I decided to use that one instead. It also features elsea, freeing up some space for other stuff.
Yeah, Elsea. I swear names are the bane of my existence.

Haly

Paprikka said:
Yeah, Elsea. I swear names are the bane of my existence.
I blame the translations.
Elsee
Elsey
Elsea
Elsie
Elseaeiaeiaieiaieiaeae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom