• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

I'm not done yet, but from the moment predator alien green goblin wolverine showed up on screen before the opening, I knew this would be a special night.

Here is sleepy gazing lovingly at said monster
ic4bej1SUm9kB.gif

Cept the ones in FMP. They're N7 armor before that was a thing.

I guess I need to watch this.

Syrinx

Sleepy's face is basically the best everything in Mad Bull.

Is he having sex? Riding a pogo stick in his sleep? Mopping the floor with his eyes closed? Listening to some head bangin' tunes?

Sleepy alone knows.

Nah, when the question is "What is Sleepy doing", the answer is probably having sex.

Nisekoi Episode 7 – Rival

Rooftop scene with Tsumugi and Raku was done in a really distracting manner what was up with the sky, it was too much and too out there.

Tsumugi manga > anime, felt a bit more convincing in manga.

Syrinx

The best part about Sleepy is that no matter what he's doing, whether it's having sex, police work, having sex, sleeping, or having sex, he's always got his hat on. Man's dedicated to his profession.

CorvoSol

The best part about Sleepy is that no matter what he's doing, whether it's having sex, police work, having sex, sleeping, or having sex, he's always got his hat on. Man's dedicated to his profession.

Sleepy's hat, along with his stache, is probably the source of his power.

So The List says "Mars of Destruction" is next?

Re: Mushishi - 4
I've been mulling over for the past 30 minutes, even during episode 5, what it would be like to experience such vivid, reality-altering dreams for an extended period of time only to have that stripped away entirely in a instance. The gravity of that affect on the mind makes the man's
decision to kill himself after somewhat salvaging his daily life
all the more devastating and fascinating to me.

CorvoSol

It's only 20 minutes

Uh oh.

And still apparently the biggest waste of time on the list from what I've heard.

Corvo, just skip to Yami.

I still have, after Mars of Destruction, Melody of Oblivion, Shuffle, Street Fighter 2 V, and Sukeban Deka before Yami. After Yami the last item on The List is Yugi Oh 0.

Eh, Eiken was a bigger waste of time.

I would like to point out that Eiken is not actually on the copy of The List I received.

Star Driver 17

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I don't buy for an instant that "Kou" is a girl. Massive breasts or no, she got a man voice.

I would like to point out that Eiken is not actually on the copy of The List I received.

Star Driver 17

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I don't buy for an instant that "Kou" is a girl. Massive breasts or no, she got a man voice.

In my headcanon, Eiken is on that list.

Also, has Dr Girlfriend taught you nothing!?

Future Card Buddyfight 03

I amazingly was not completely annoyed by that yellow hair kid in this episode. I thought I would be but after a few minutes into the match, I somehow wasn't.

CorvoSol

So what IS the deal with Mars of Destruction? Was it the pilot for a show that sucked too much to actually happen? Cuz that's what it felt like.

Glass Fleet 1

Snoooooooooooore

Daily Lives of High School Boys 1-2

jeremiahjohnsonnod.gif

Usagi Drop 1

Well no wonder he wants to marry the kid. She's so adorable

Branduil

So what IS the deal with Mars of Destruction? Was it the pilot for a show that sucked too much to actually happen? Cuz that's what it felt like.

This is by far the anime medium's magnum opus. Mars of Destruction is the best animated movie I've seen in years, if not ever. In terms of science-fiction related media, this blows other greats such as Heinlein's works, Battlestar Galactica, and Neon Genesis Evangelion out of the water. Truly an experience I will never forget, and oh, what an experience it was!

Story: 10/10
This film is highly philosophical. I actually felt regret when the Big Bad Ancient Guy told Random Armored Cop Dude that the humans were the true invaders of Earth. This plot twist was stunning and, on the whole, thought-provoking. It was like something written by Kafka.

Art/Animation: 10/10
This movie is so amazing that it actually makes DEEN's animation look like Madhouse by comparison. It gave me more appreciation for other anime titles! I love you, Mars Of Destruction!!!

Sound: 10/10
The voice acting is absolutely perfect. When the characters yell each other's names repeatedly you will FEEL the emotion. The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

Characters: 10/10
The characters are all equally well-done, from Green Hair Girl to Blue Hair Girl; it's so easy to tell them apart! I especially enjoyed the doctor's dialogue, as I would not have known that the girl whose head exploded was dead without his helpful reminder that "she won't make it."

Enjoyment: 10/10
This picture is absolutely riveting on every level! I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Overall: 10/10

CorvoSol

This is by far the anime medium's magnum opus. Mars of Destruction is the best animated movie I've seen in years, if not ever. In terms of science-fiction related media, this blows other greats such as Heinlein's works, Battlestar Galactica, and Neon Genesis Evangelion out of the water. Truly an experience I will never forget, and oh, what an experience it was!

Story: 10/10
This film is highly philosophical. I actually felt regret when the Big Bad Ancient Guy told Random Armored Cop Dude that the humans were the true invaders of Earth. This plot twist was stunning and, on the whole, thought-provoking. It was like something written by Kafka.

Art/Animation: 10/10
This movie is so amazing that it actually makes DEEN's animation look like Madhouse by comparison. It gave me more appreciation for other anime titles! I love you, Mars Of Destruction!!!

Sound: 10/10
The voice acting is absolutely perfect. When the characters yell each other's names repeatedly you will FEEL the emotion. The OST recorded by Beethoven himself is also marvelous. He did an excellent job, as always.

Characters: 10/10
The characters are all equally well-done, from Green Hair Girl to Blue Hair Girl; it's so easy to tell them apart! I especially enjoyed the doctor's dialogue, as I would not have known that the girl whose head exploded was dead without his helpful reminder that "she won't make it."

Enjoyment: 10/10
This picture is absolutely riveting on every level! I could watch it over and over and never get bored!

Overall: 10/10

It bothers me that you remember as much as you do.

Dresden

Half of Fukawa's lines in Danganronpa are just Sawashiro moaning or gagging into the mic. I don't know how to feel about this.

CorvoSol

I-Is JoJo's by the same guy who did Attack on Titan? I need to know because I have some deep-rooted reservations if that's the case.

Branduil

Space Dandy 8

So basically, the writer finished the story of this episode in only 12 minutes, realized they still had half an episode left to write, and just sort of winged it, LOL. Very narratively unfocused, even by the standards of this show.

Crocodile

I can understand not having watched any Jojo's but I'm stunned that Corvo seems to not know literally anything about it. Just from general anime culture osmosis I would think at least everybody knew something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom