• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

No games and no thrones?

I am leaving in disappointment.

odQ3w.gif

dont remind me of how long left til s3 ;_;

Weather at home (Scotland) has been pretty crappy but is to be expected. On holiday in Germany at the moment and it's too hot for me to go outside. Hotter than the fires of Mount Doom. Well it's mid 30s but I would be happier if it was 10 degrees cooler. And Germans seem to be averse to air conditioning.

THIS. SO MUCH.

I can't do anything. It's terrible.

And regarding air conditioning: It's usually not necessary over here. Doesn't make this extreme heat (relative to our usual climate) any easier to bear though.

As for the Game of Thrones outrage: I'm just about halfway through Clash of Kings, so I hope GRRM will be done with Winds of Winter once I've finished A Dance with Dragons.

He won't.

When your summers hit 100+ degrees for days/weeks in a row, you won't complain about not having one.

Bring on Winter's divine relief!

This.

We had a temperature around 100F last weekend here in Holland and it was not even remotely fun. I much rather have a temperature of around 80F because then you can just do shit without sweating the entire time.

KAOz

Short bus special
Well, we'll at least get 2 weeks of chilling autumn before the winter hits us for another 6 months.

6 months of snow, ice cold air, and fucking grey slush and icky shit everywhere. I wish I was a bird.

An awesome bird. Like a mixture of an eagle and a bear. Then I would go to warmer countries, and I'd wreck havoc there. People would be all "Shit, LOOK OUT! THAT BEARGLE IS GOING TO FUCKING EAT US AND OUR CHILDREN!". But I wouldn't give a shit.

I'd swoop down, and eat everything. Maybe shit on some of the cars. Giant beargle shits.

Fuck yes.

Fuck winter.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
come on now... we've had 5-6 days of summer this year here in Sweden, can we really ask for more?

:'(

owlbeak

Last winter wasn't very wintery (US, mid-west). Only had a handful of days I can remember that were at or below freezing. It was really disappointing. Hardly any snow, either.

fanboi

Banned
Well, we'll at least get 2 weeks of chilling autumn before the winter hits us for another 6 months.

6 months of snow, ice cold air, and fucking grey slush and icky shit everywhere. I wish I was a bird.

An awesome bird. Like a mixture of an eagle and a bear. Then I would go to warmer countries, and I'd wreck havoc there. People would be all "Shit, LOOK OUT! THAT BEARGLE IS GOING TO FUCKING EAT US AND OUR CHILDREN!". But I wouldn't give a shit.

I'd swoop down, and eat everything. Maybe shit on some of the cars. Giant beargle shits.

Fuck yes.

Fuck winter.

I just lost it, so I googled BEARGLE and got:

113406_7504505_lz.jpg

And I lost it again.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I come thinking in it something to do with Game of Thrones

***Leaves Upset***

Also the fuck happened to the North East of the US over the weekend

Blazing Fucking Hot, muggy as fuck, like someone left the Sauna door open and this weekend it was cool as fuck, it was like someone went Oh Shit! Sauna door was left open, my bad

Entropia

No One Remembers
I for one look forward to the winter because that also means Christmas! :D

Plus, I'd rather be chilly than hot and sweaty.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm melting from the heat (Paris, France here). I barely dare to go outside or do anything even slightly intensive because fuck the heat and sweat :(.

Why can't we get one steady, 24-25°C all-day-long summer for once? Noooo, it has to be cold and rainy, and then all of a sudden boom, huge wave of heat and ruthless sun.

Autumn can't come soon enough.

The UK is so boring for weather, I haven't felt hot at all this year. I want that feeling of walking outside and it's actually hotter outside than it is inside, I can only feel that when I'm on holiday.

Wubby

It's been a rather mild summer in my part of Japan. 30c and 80% humidity or so. Hope we get an awesome fall. Last year was just straight summer to winter.

bluehat9

Can't wait, tired of 90 degree days. Of course, it'll probably be the same garbage as last year where its almost 60 everyday and we get no snow. At least I'll be able to golf for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom