• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
This.

We had a temperature around 100F last weekend here in Holland and it was not even remotely fun. I much rather have a temperature of around 80F because then you can just do shit without sweating the entire time.
Are you kidding it was the best.

I thought 100 was 40ish, but we only got into the low 30s which is magical weather

Forsete

Gold Member
Swedish summer was OK.

I wish it would end now because I started working again and I cant stand the fucking heat in the poorly ventilated place I work at.

Höst-tiem GET.

Summer, Winter, I don't care, I just want this crazy weather to stop. I have no idea whether it's going to storm 10 feet on us this winter or whether it's going to be 50 degrees or -20. It's gotten so unpredictable, I have no clue whether to shut down my garden, buy a snow blower or get some more mulch to prepare for a winter with no frost.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Do you really want 3 feet of snow and icy roads?

no you dont

I've done some time in wintry places, and yes, in the winter. I've done a fair amount of shoveling, and picking at a frozen windshield, and I have even had to drive on an icy road before. I'd take it all for the ability to have honest-to-goodness seasons, instead of one homogenous blob of hot/slightly less hot, intermingled with "wet/less wet".

Hell, I even like the rain, so that's not an issue. It's just the heat, and the monotony.

I mean, I understand people in the alternate extremes, who are sick of the cold. They might feel the polar opposite to me, but it's really the same thing in the end. Monotony sucks man.

Ledsen

2 degrees?

More like -25 degrees.

-25? Oh you soft southeners.

Also Swedish winter is awesome because it's a REAL WINTER where you can go skiing, skating, drinking warm chocolate while roasting pinnbröd, etc. Also it's god damned beautiful.

I'll take that awesomeness above the rainy slightly-above-zero weather you get in most other parts of europe, thanks.

zoukka

25 celsius three days ago.

5 celsius today.

meanwhile_in_finland2.jpg

Ikael

Why, hello fellow northerners. Here in planet Spain, nearer to our Sun I just came back from a camping in Arcos de la Frontera one week ago, where we hit a record of 47 fucking celsius degrees, only topped by neighbouring Seville, which broke its own record by reaching 50 celsius degrees. I was only able to follow a larvae-like cycle of life alternating between the swimming pool and the teashop. Too much hot to take any kind of decent siesta, too.

Violet_0

Banned
I hate Winter more than anything else

but we had short sleeve weather till November in the last couple of years, so I should be fine for a little while longer. And in February, I'm traveling to the Southern Hemisphere for a month.

fanboi

Banned
-25? Oh you soft southeners.

Also Swedish winter is awesome because it's a REAL WINTER where you can go skiing, skating, drinking warm chocolate while roasting pinnbröd, etc. Also it's god damned beautiful.

I'll take that awesomeness above the rainy slightly-above-zero weather you get in most other parts of europe, thanks.

Where I live we have actually had the lowest temp. a couple of wnters ago!

Rad-

One of the worst summers in a while, here in Finland.

About winter, I don't really hate the cold weather itself because you can just put enough clothes to keep yourself warm (or at least warm-ish). Just driving during winters. Icy roads and driving in blizzards is the worst shit ever.

fanboi

Banned
We are all upset now. We thought you came from Saturnalia.

But, Ljusdal of all places? Damn. (Well, Örebro ain't that much better, but still....)

Örebro had this one hot chick I was so into... :|

Örebro... home of Yoshichan aswell... rage apologize

Ledsen

Wow... where do you live then?

Ljusdal = City with 10k population, finding a gaffer near is like finding oil :)

Hmmm... T...ony?

I'm not Tony, but I or someone I know probably knows him, it's a pretty small town... how old are you dude?

fanboi

Banned
I'm not Tony, but I or someone I know probably knows him, it's a pretty small town... how old are you dude?

Bollnäs = also a city with 10k population, also have a friend from here that has a neogaf account :p

What in the flying fuck... this got all creepy/awesome?

Ehem... so, who are you then?

Regadring Bollnäs... dated a girl for 4 years that lived in Bollnäs.

NEOGAF HÄLSINGLAND MEETUP CONFIRMED

WOW

Maybe, but -25 - 30 degrees for 3-4 weeks straight isn't.

FACT.

Well couple previous winters have been damn cold but -25 -30 degrees have been still pretty uncommon (Southern Finland). Maybe it's going to be more normal winter this time (between 0 and -10C)

I've done some time in wintry places, and yes, in the winter. I've done a fair amount of shoveling, and picking at a frozen windshield, and I have even had to drive on an icy road before. I'd take it all for the ability to have honest-to-goodness seasons, instead of one homogenous blob of hot/slightly less hot, intermingled with "wet/less wet".

Hell, I even like the rain, so that's not an issue. It's just the heat, and the monotony.

I mean, I understand people in the alternate extremes, who are sick of the cold. They might feel the polar opposite to me, but it's really the same thing in the end. Monotony sucks man.

You are banished to Ohio

Mr Swine

Banned
What in the flying fuck... this got all creepy/awesome?

Ehem... so, who are you then?

Regadring Bollnäs... dated a girl for 4 years that lived in Bollnäs.

WOW

Hehe creepy indeed! Nah not gonna say who I am just yet, wanna be anonymous here ;P

Shambles

Maybe, but -25 - 30 degrees for 3-4 weeks straight isn't.

FACT.

Sure beats having -20 to -45 for 3 months straight. You can come visit inland Canada where there are two seasons. Winter, and not-winter.

But also Christmas without snow would actually break my heart. I could never do Christmas in a warm climate.

Enosh

And we haven't even had summer this year (Sweden), fuck this.

Go ahead, complain about this summer shitty weather.

Fuck you southern hemispherians
I'd gladly trade "no summer" with "third at least one week long heat weave that makes even sleeping hard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom