• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Sorry everyone!
What? I don't see anything worth apologizing for, man. :-D

Go forth ye, and spread thy word unto every unconverted heathen. If they crucify you, I'll be there with you, watching from the comfort of my cloud.
O.K., I didn't expect anything less hard for me (worth of my own prophet's kin)... but, seriously, what an spectacular way to go, isn't it? Imagine the holy scriptures our followers will leave for posterity!

Steroyd

it seems taken to the extreme here, rewatching bleach and the characters dont talk that much, cant think that Ive seen Natsu or Naruto talk that much in fairytail or naruto either.

Your original complaint is that they talk so much that they could have done something during the talking, the amount is irrelevant unless the talk was done in 0.5 seconds.

Which happens in every shounen ever.

Man that arc would have finished 10 episodes earlier if he wasn't too busy talking about how his nakama punch carried the weight of his nakama.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Your original complaint is that they talk so much that they could have done something during the talking, the amount is irrelevant unless the talk was done in 0.5 seconds.

Which happens in every shounen ever.

Man that arc would have finished 10 episodes earlier if he wasn't too busy talking about how his nakama punch carried the weight of his nakama.

Sounds like Shounen to me.

kino.JPG

Look what finally arrived today, no thanks to Amazon seller "BLURAYMoviesUK". Not only is he not in the UK, but this is also not a Blu-ray or even a movie! Paging lawyer GAF.

A small glint of brightness in this dark, murky affair...

cajunator

Banned
Hasn't he yet? I believe he has?

Some of it. Enough to appreciate how awesome Misaki is.
Why are so many best girls named Misaki?

Look what finally arrived today, no thanks to Amazon seller "BLURAYMoviesUK". Not only is he not in the UK, but this is also not a Blu-ray or even a movie! Paging lawyer GAF.

haha. Good to see you again hix. enjoy one of the best anime series ever made.

Noirulus

Welcome back, and enjoy!
I can't say I agree with your widescreen philosophy but it's a pretty funny affair <3

trejo

So after seeing the positive word of mouth Magi episode 13 is receiving I feel like delving back in. Can someone give me a quick recap for what's happened since I stopped watching around
the time Alibaba was busy narrating his backstory and being generally useless
?

Looks like my creepy otaku joke went too far.

Sorry everyone!

S'cool bro. You should totally drop by the IRC sometime.

So after seeing the positive word of mouth Magi episode 13 is receiving I feel like delving back in. Can someone give me a quick recap for what's happened since I stopped watching around
?

Did you watch episode 10?

Steroyd

?

Yanderezawa happened,
Judal another Magi like Aladdin got knocked the FUCK out by Ugo, Aladdin is in a coma, the current king of Balbadd is going to sell all the people as slaves as collateral because of the economic downturn, Alibabba got a crash course in Djinn equip.

That's as much as my brain could remember, it was all so dreary until the latest episode.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Probably the top is VG soundtrack the bottom is anime soundtracks.
Nice economics avatar.

These days it's good to learn more about economics. I mean, you don't want to get caught off guard when they go up and down over and over rapidly.

Is the Da Capo series a product of its time (kitchen sink haram animes)?

EDIT: To me it feels like a really old format built almost entirely of stereotypes and tropes with generic characters and even names of characters.

Ultimadrago

Hataraki Man 1

The introduction of this episode really gave me flashback to Paranoia Agent Episode 10, in the most simple, obvious of ways. I don't see a focus on the office space often at all in the anime I consume. A difference between the two, of course (besides tone), is how they're introduced throughout the episode. Both episodes create an isolated frame to introduce the positions and who operates them, but Paranoia Agent's is more to-the-point while Hataraki Man's is more personal (credit given to the dialogue within these scenes). It's a fitting set-up for each, given their purpose.

hataraki1ume2a.png
hataraki2kne3v.png

Kacho Work-Mode ON!

Matsukata makes for a fairly amusing protagonist. As much as her issues with controlling her time are apparent, she speaks of them as reoccurring issues. They don't seem "new" in her line of work. I'm curious if the topic to come up again with a strength to make her re-think her approach to life from the bottom-up. But I'm satisfied with a her looking at a revolving issue with a dash of familiarity and nonchalance. Well, she would like to believe she's indifferent, anyway. There's aspects she loves about her job and those she hates. It's made plain as day without having the character become a complete downer towards their own being.

The art is nothing spectacular, but the facial cues get the job done. As for voices, Matsuka's lower pitches actively perked my ears at points. It's a decent performance for portraying a woman that is dancing on the line of masculinity and femininity.

I definitely want to see where the character interaction goes with Matsukata and her co-workers/employers (along with her personal development). There's also a plot involving an article gone awry and Hataraki Man's job to fix it, but it's surely not my prime interest at this point.

haha. Good to see you again hix. enjoy one of the best anime series ever made.

If Kino's Journey is even half as awesome as Kino's OP, then I know I'm going to enjoy this. Then it's straight in to either Steins;gate, Acchi Kocchi or both. At the same time.

Welcome back, and enjoy!
I can't say I agree with your widescreen philosophy but it's a pretty funny affair <3

Thanks dude. Banishment this black bars!
Kino's Journey being in natural anamorphic 16:9 was more to reassure you guys really, my anime are always in 16:9.

Watched Stellvia yet?

cajunator

Banned
If Kino's Journey is even half as awesome as Kino's OP, then I know I'm going to enjoy this. Then it's straight in to either Steins;gate, Acchi Kocchi or both. At the same time.

Thanks dude. Banishment this black bars!
Kino's Journey being in natural anamorphic 16:9 was more to reassure you guys really, my anime are always in 16:9.

Watched Stellvia yet?

Kino's journey is every bit as good as the OP. Its a very special show to me. Especially since not a lot of people watch it so it doesn't get constantly spoiled.
After that, Steins;Gate and Acchi Kocchi? You might die in anime ecstasy. Not a bad way to go I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom