• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

Davevil

6ImcAeq.jpg
there is no need to be upset GIF
Who the fuck is that reeetard ? and why i'ts disapperead?

UnNamed

Banned
J.K. Rowling is a transphobe,

I think that's the point of the entire debate.

When you ask people why JKR is transphobic, people just don't know. They have to search on the internet articles on JKR transphobic written by people who don't know why JKR is transphobic, because you know journalism is just copy/paste.
When you go to the source of this assumption, you'll find out JKR is transphobic because of statements that sound problematic to some. But they are not transphobic. Just an opinion.

Transphobia is not a fact, is an opinion of someone who find other opinions problematic, based by their moral.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think that's the point of the entire debate.

When you ask people why JKR is transphobic, people just don't know. They have to search on the internet articles on JKR transphobic written by people who don't know why JKR is transphobic, because you know journalism is just copy/paste.
When you go to the source of this assumption, you'll find out JKR is transphobic because of statements that sound problematic to some. But they are not transphobic. Just an opinion.

Transphobia is not a fact, is an opinion of someone who find other opinions problematic, based by their moral.

She's regarded as transphobic because she believes that biological sex is real and cannot be changed. Anyone who thinks this is transphobic as far as the trans activists are concerned.

The truth is that too many cis people just don’t “get it”, so why bother with people that don’t get you?

Try and look in the mirror when you spew morally superior rhetoric like "they don't get it", maybe it's you and people like you.

I have no sides in debates like this and don't even participate in discourse related to all this, but all cis straight men and women, look for one thing, and it's pretty simple - to date the opposite sex they were born as.

As a cis straight man, like all cis straight men, I want a cis straight woman, born as one, with a vagina (not an artificial one), go throught puberty, who can menstruate/ovulate), attracted to her opposite sex, who has a womb, give life to my children and be my other half, as my wife. Vice-versa for cis straight women - they want a cis straight man, born as one, with a penis (not an artificial one), go through puberty, who can produce semen (and eventually sperm cells), who can impregnate them to give life to their children, and be their other half, as their husband.

It is evolutionary biology in cis straight humans, to look for your mating partner of the opposite biological sex, based on attraction triggers, which is NOT a choice. You cannot choose who you're attracted to. Men look for reproduction value (youth, beauty, fertility etc,) and women look for replication value (resources, genetics, social skills etc,).

Ideologically speaking, I have no problem when trans people say "trans women are women", "trans men are men", and other gender specific statements, driven by feelings. But when those statements impede on preferences in my dating life, that's invasion of my privacy and of course, you're gonna get backlash from the straight community.

It's not an "asinine assumption", when trans content creators and social media influencers are shaming and guilt tripping cis straight men and women into dating them by calling them "transphobic", when they reject trans people. Learn to take no for an answer, and yes, no means NO. It's a real phenomenon in the dating world, especially in the west, so please don't try and handwave this as something irrelevant. Just because you close your eyes and ears, and look at the majority of your friends, being trans and dating only trans people, doesn't mean this shaming and guilt tripping of cis straight people by trans community doesn't happen on a regular basis. It's not "transphobia" to look for what we want in our lives, especially long term life partners / wives / husbands. It's like saying "racism doesn't exist because I have black friends who haven't faced it yet".

Disclosing whether you're cis or trans should be a fundamental requirement for any decent human being (even before the first date) in the time we live in because of the sudden shift in the cultural zeitgeist opposed to traditional norms, all of us are trying to be socio-economically inclusive and have expectations and standards in dating/mating strategies, at the same time.

Downplaying these issues for straight people in the dating sphere, is like straight people not caring about the issues of the LGBTQIA+ and handwaving them to not exist because we haven't encountered them, and straight up (no pun intended) dismissing them because they're a minority. Time to practice what you preach.

The funniest thing about this is that all J.K. Rowling said is that biological sex exists.

That's literally all she ever said. That's all this whole autistic nontroversy is about.

When I heard this I literally wanted to chew my own face because of how retarded this situation is.
But the radical leftists keep telling me she’s literally killing trans people. Are there not piles of dead trans
I haven't played the game (nor do I intend to since I'm not a Harry Potter fan in the slightest) but I think a 1/10 score is absurd. Yes, J.K. Rowling is a transphobe, and she makes a cut of the game's sales, but they need to take the game for what it really is rather than completely shit on it for things the creator does. Kind of like how Ren & Stimpy still has a large following despite John Kricfalusi's CP nonsense. I'm sure the game is well-made and fun for fans of the series, but boycotting it because the creator is a stupid bitch won't do anything except deprive you of a potentially good game.
can you provide any evidence that she is a transphobe? I’ve yet to see any. And the recognition that women exist isn’t transphobic, it’s basic biological fact.

Freeza93

Banned
But the radical leftists keep telling me she’s literally killing trans people. Are there not piles of dead trans

can you provide any evidence that she is a transphobe? I’ve yet to see any. And the recognition that women exist isn’t transphobic, it’s basic biological fact.
Harry dont sell the game to me AGAIN

Freeza93

Banned
Try and look in the mirror when you spew morally superior rhetoric like "they don't get it", maybe it's you and people like you.

I have no sides in debates like this and don't even participate in discourse related to all this, but all cis straight men and women, look for one thing, and it's pretty simple - to date the opposite sex they were born as.

As a cis straight man, like all cis straight men, I want a cis straight woman, born as one, with a vagina (not an artificial one), go throught puberty, who can menstruate/ovulate), attracted to her opposite sex, who has a womb, give life to my children and be my other half, as my wife. Vice-versa for cis straight women - they want a cis straight man, born as one, with a penis (not an artificial one), go through puberty, who can produce semen (and eventually sperm cells), who can impregnate them to give life to their children, and be their other half, as their husband.

It is evolutionary biology in cis straight humans, to look for your mating partner of the opposite biological sex, based on attraction triggers, which is NOT a choice. You cannot choose who you're attracted to. Men look for reproduction value (youth, beauty, fertility etc,) and women look for replication value (resources, genetics, social skills etc,).

Ideologically speaking, I have no problem when trans people say "trans women are women", "trans men are men", and other gender specific statements, driven by feelings. But when those statements impede on preferences in my dating life, that's invasion of my privacy and of course, you're gonna get backlash from the straight community.

It's not an "asinine assumption", when trans content creators and social media influencers are shaming and guilt tripping cis straight men and women into dating them by calling them "transphobic", when they reject trans people. Learn to take no for an answer, and yes, no means NO. It's a real phenomenon in the dating world, especially in the west, so please don't try and handwave this as something irrelevant. Just because you close your eyes and ears, and look at the majority of your friends, being trans and dating only trans people, doesn't mean this shaming and guilt tripping of cis straight people by trans community doesn't happen on a regular basis. It's not "transphobia" to look for what we want in our lives, especially long term life partners / wives / husbands. It's like saying "racism doesn't exist because I have black friends who haven't faced it yet".

Disclosing whether you're cis or trans should be a fundamental requirement for any decent human being (even before the first date) in the time we live in because of the sudden shift in the cultural zeitgeist opposed to traditional norms, all of us are trying to be socio-economically inclusive and have expectations and standards in dating/mating strategies, at the same time.

Downplaying these issues for straight people in the dating sphere, is like straight people not caring about the issues of the LGBTQIA+ and handwaving them to not exist because we haven't encountered them, and straight up (no pun intended) dismissing them because they're a minority. Time to practice what you preach.
shut the fuck up. its not called cis or whatever made up bullshit. cis are just normal people u braindead fart. You know the people when they fuck each other in fact are contributing to Evolution and keeping our race going. Wich in fact is the only purpose of living if we go by science. So shut the fuck UP

GymWolf

shut the fuck up. its not called cis or whatever made up bullshit. cis are just normal people u braindead fart. You know the people when they fuck each other in fact are contributing to Evolution and keeping our race going. Wich in fact is the only purpose of living if we go by science. So shut the fuck UP
Dude you just returned from a ban, maybe take it down a notch or two, just saying.

We all hate that cis-bullshit but there is no need to be that angry.

JeloSWE

Cis and Trans are not made up and are in fact real latin prefixes/words:
Cis = comes from the Latin meaning “on this side”
Trans = which means “on the other side of

While I wouldn't ever think of using cis in a normal conversation, I can understand it's purpose in the context of discussion gender identities.

Last edited:

JeloSWE

gender identities😂 piss off
Gender identity is different from biological sex. I would not waste time arguing there are only two sexes in a real sense. But lots of things can go awry, like mutations or hormone imbalance which could lead to your development path diverging from the expected one. There are even brain scans that show trans peoples brain patterns more closely resemble the sex they identify as. So if someone say they feel like the opposite sex, who am I to argue that. Whether they should be able to compete in sports or which bathroom to use is another discussion.

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
Gender identity is different from biological sex. I would not waste time arguing there are only two sexes in a real sense. But lots of things can go awry, like mutations or hormone imbalance which could lead to your development path diverging from the expected one. There are even brain scans that show trans peoples brain patterns more closely resemble the sex they identify as. So if someone say they feel like the opposite sex, who am I to argue that. Whether they should be able to compete in sports or which bathroom to use is another discussion.
Stop quoting me . thank you also didnt read.

Davevil

While I wouldn't ever think of using cis in a normal conversation, I can understand it's purpose in the context of discussion gender identities.
In english or in my language (italian) there is a bunch of words that i use: heterosexual or straight men
No need to use such idiotic terms like "cis"

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Stop quoting me . thank you also didnt read.

In english or in my language (italian) there is a bunch of words that i use: heterosexual or straight men
No need to use such idiotic terms like "cis"
Should we start reporting posts? We made it to 17 pages and that's the end of it? Regardless of JeloSWE JeloSWE stance no need to lower the bar even more. Ok, we don't agree with shit attempt at review, the world didn't end, let's move on.

As JeloSWE JeloSWE - gender identity is probably a real thing, the difference is in how you approach it. Till a trans woman pre-op doesn't try to guilt-trip me into giving her the D I don't care.

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
Should we start reporting posts? We made it to 17 pages and that's the end of it? Regardless of JeloSWE JeloSWE stance no need to lower the bar even more. Ok, we don't agree with shit attempt at review, the world didn't end, let's move on.

As JeloSWE JeloSWE - gender identity is probably a real thing, the difference is in how you approach it. Till a trans woman pre-op doesn't try to guilt-trip me into giving her the D I don't care.
its not there is men and woman thats it. and im not american in the slightest. in the country i was born such people get beat the living shit out of them or worse. treat your mental illness or stfu.

rN4Jdqk.jpg

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

I laughed way too hard at this.

Ironically the game is actually really politically correct, with a trans character and a large cast of ethnic minorities. It’s also clearly been put together with a huge amount of hard work, care and passion, something these nutcases wouldn't know anything about.

The best thing people can do to fight this woke cancel culture that is a cancer in our society is to buy the game and enjoy it.

This. Hogwarts Legacy is actually one of the best inclusive games in the market and is an example of how correctly to include these themes in gaming.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Nah , the term cisgender wasn’t used until the late 90s. And wasn’t really pushed to generalize people until the mid 2000s.

The simple fact that some people want to not to be called something while simultaneously rejecting the right of others to not be called something.

ShadowNate

When did we start letting a very vocal toxic minority influence so many, and even worse, ever start paying attention to them in the first place. The clue is in the term minority, of course this particular group is very clever indeed, and knows it's in the minority, so then they just virtue signal to the majority, making them feel they are one of the good guys for supporting them.

Awesome plan when you think about it, making people scared to even voice a reasonable opinion against any of this insanity.
It's mainly a fringe small but very loud subset within the actual minority and also a big pile of pretentious "allies" who are offended on behalf of others, and also keep setting arbitrary rules for proper allyship.

Yes it is toxic.

Davevil

Freeza93

Banned
Dude, stop being a retarded dick. On Neogaf we can all have our opinions, no need to be a cunt about it. Agree or disagree.
There is no agreeing on simple facts even my 7 year old understands. Facts dont care about your opinion. They simply are, its that simple. If someone is fighting a fact. Im concerned about their well being.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I spoke with a couple of psychologist about this subject while attending leadership seminars and what I found interesting is that it's a proven fact in the field of psychology that a lot of people exhibit some behavioral patterns that are characteristic to the opposite sex than what we are. However, my general unbiased conclusion from those discussions is that yes, it is possible for men to act more feminine or women to be more butch, but I don't think it's healthy to enable those kinds of people to go into extremes such as performing sex change surgeries or start dressing up like they're about to put on a show in a circus.

I believe that those people, on top of suffering from an identity crisis that's exacerbated by certain social expectations (eg. "you're male therefore you should thoughen up" or "you're female therefore you should be sensitive and caring"), they just suffer from varying degree of mental disorders that simply push them into those extremes. And everyone around them never stop to think about fixing the source of the issue - i.e. society's ultra conservative view on gender expectations - or extending actual psychological help to those who need it, and instead they just encourage those people to mutilate themselves and foster a culture of absolute lunacy, where it's fair game to attempt to destroy anyone who disagrees with leftist views.

MMaRsu

Banned
There is no agreeing on simple facts even my 7 year old understands. Facts dont care about your opinion. They simply are, its that simple. If someone is fighting a fact. Im concerned about their well being.
What facts do you know about gender identity? Not what gender you are? Im a straight hetero man so I probably agree with you at some point but cmon.

DaGwaphics

Regarding the whole J. K. Rowling thing, I've never seen anything that has shown her mistreating a trans person (heckling them for no reason, assaulting them, belittling them, etc.). Tolerance is a two way street, those that want tolerance must also be willing to tolerate (that's extremely fitting for both sides of this debate as I've seen some truly intolerant people on both sides crying about their views not being tolerated by others, go figure). Rowling can have her beliefs and still be understanding and tolerant of those she doesn't perfectly align with ideologically, as we all can. If she was exhibiting transphobic behavior either in person or on Twitter (seeking out and attacking trans people on there or openly supporting that behavior) it would be front page news.

Regarding the dating thing @ V VolticArchangel was talking about, I would honestly say that same principle extends to everyone. Most men that are attracted to men are looking for just that, same with women. I can see trans people being naturally isolated in that way. And certainly this is something that should be disclosed early on.

belmarduk

I think the most correct caption would be:
"I insert things in my ass and evaluate them."

Thank you for that mental picture.
I could have gone all day without that.

Imagine a person that disgustingly obese even reaching down there. I wonder if those toys ever get lost?

Last edited:

JayK47

1/10. Would give a 0 if I could. It showed up 2 days after launch. It took too long to install. I just took the disk out and tossed it.

anthony2690

Gold Member
its not there is men and woman thats it. and im not american in the slightest. in the country i was born such people get beat the living shit out of them or worse. treat your mental illness or stfu.

rN4Jdqk.jpg
I hate to be harsh, but I'm glad this guy is gone.

There is something about him that rubbed me the wrong way.

I think if mods gave him a bit longer we might have got a live thread though XD

JeloSWE

Nah , the term cisgender wasn’t used until the late 90s. And wasn’t really pushed to generalize people until the mid 2000s.

The simple fact that some people want to not to be called something while simultaneously rejecting the right of others to not be called something.
"Cis-" its a real latin prefix whether you want it or not. That's basically what I wanted to get across.

I personally don't like to be called cis. But now that I know what it actually means, being a latin prefix, I get it. I still think it's redundant as the huge majority is cis hetero and you usually only specify when something deviates for practicality sake.

Top Bottom