• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 'Enhanced Edition', 4+ hours bonus content, out April 17th

My game of the year. On my third playthrough and still having fun and discovering new things. CDP deserve every bit of credit they get for this game.

Leckan

BTW isn't it funny how two of the most generous developers this gen (Valve & CDProject) have their own very succesful storefront on the PC.

Their must be something they're getting that others don't. Hope Origin fails for this reason or at least forces EA to change their ways but not happening so...

gabbo

Are there nudie cards in this game like in the first one? And are you missing out if you never played the first one?

It would actually help more if you read the book that this follows from than it does the first game. Not that you shouldn't play the first game, but this much more closely relates to the events in Blood of Elves than The Witcher.

BTW isn't it funny how two of the most generous developers this gen (Valve & CDProject) have their own very succesful storefront on the PC.

Their must be something they're getting that others don't. Hope Origin fails for this reason or at least forces EA to change their ways but not happening so...

But what happens if origins triumphs and EA becomes generous all of sudden because of that extra dough?
/jk

Micerider

It would actually help more if you read the book that this follows from than it does the first game. Not that you shouldn't play the first game, but this much more closely relates to the events in Blood of Elves than The Witcher.

Interesting.

I played the Two games already, but I now know where I should dig for more background. Thanks!

Cannot wait to finally get my hands on this.

4 hours more content sounds good to me, i haven't played it on PC, generally how long will this game take to 100%?

SmokyDave

itt pc fans are happy that more people get to play an amazing game

This one isn't because this one is worried that after a snifter of those Xbox monies, The Witcher 3 will be consoles first, PC later.

360 owners: The game is shoddy. Buy another copy of Skyrim instead.

I'm getting this for sure. Looks interesting. And I'm not just saying that because of all the sex scenes.

Though maybe a little bit.

okenny

Banned
CPD is a pretty incredible group of developers. People really need to pay attention to this Xbox port. Port isn't even the right word. They're dedicating themselves to making it look and play the best it can, and throwing a metric shit ton of new content in, so it doesn't feel like a super late PC port but a whole new package.

It's a PC-to-console release done right and they should be rewarded for it.

Aren't you being a bit optimistic too early?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Aren't you being a bit optimistic too early?

In terms of polish yes, but not in content. It's already well known that the Xbox 360 build will include a sizable portion of new content, hence this image.

1copyp7wa7.jpg

Makes the idea of a fairly late PC port easier to swallow.

R1CHO

No kidding. The 360 is getting yet another PC port as an "exclusive". One that will be dumbed down for the controller and was $20 a month ago.

Pretty much,o wait, i played the whole fucking thing with a controller on my pc...

People really need to pay attention to this Xbox port. Port isn't even the right word. They're dedicating themselves to making it look and play the best it can, and throwing a metric shit ton of new content in, so it doesn't feel like a super late PC port but a whole new package.

It's a PC-to-console release done right and they should be rewarded for it.

If they put this of effort I may be interested. Not a PC gamer so this looks good for me.

How are they handling catching the player up on the story to this point? In the Witcher 2, they are not afraid to mention names, locations and events in passing without any explanation. They have some great, detailed text descriptions in the journal but I don't expect the average joe gamer to read, wiki pages and journal entries to catch up on the story.

Thrakier

How are they handling catching the player up on the story to this point? In the Witcher 2, they are not afraid to mention names, locations and events in passing without any explanation. They have some great, detailed text descriptions in the journal but I don't expect the average joe gamer to read, wiki pages and journal entries to catch up on the story.

I'm not Joe Average and I didn't do it either. It's just too much text, too much information. I'm not reading a book, I'm playing a videogame still. Don't forget there is already plenty of text integrated in the gameplay itself (which is fine). See Witcher 2 PC thread for discussion of the story.

Thrakier

toned down effects and lower-res textures + some shit like screen-tearing as usual. The gap isn't that wide, looks fantastic for consoles.

I'd add subb-HD and sub-30FPS as well I guess. And yeah, if it really is that way, I'd consider that rather...big.

RedSwirl

Not to mention certain things being effected by decisions you made in TW1.

Can someone please tell me where all of these rumors of Microsoft buying this studio keep coming from? Anything? I keep hearing it but I haven't even seen a link of it being a rumor.

Chinner

Banned
Can someone please tell me where all of these rumors of Microsoft buying this studio keep coming from? Anything? I keep hearing it but I haven't even seen a link of it being a rumor.

there are no rumours. we just think that all good things come to an end. it's equally possible EA will buy them out to get ahold of the GOG catalogue, and then fire all of the CDPR and let Bioware make Witcher 3.

Jokab

Cannot wait to finally get my hands on this.

4 hours more content sounds good to me, i haven't played it on PC, generally how long will this game take to 100%?

A "true" 100% is only possible if you play the game twice because of path twists. However in one playthrough I think you can do all side-quests and main quest in 40-45 hours or so.

CD Projekt RED is already owned by a publisher (namely CD Projekt) so I'm not sure if a straightforward "EA buys them/Microsoft buys them" scenario is even likely.

gabbo

CD Projekt RED is already owned by a publisher (namely CD Projekt) so I'm not sure if a straightforward "EA buys them/Microsoft buys them" scenario is even likely.

And that publisher is owner is made up of CDP and a European PC manufacturer whose name i can't remember - so it's unlikely anything will happen any time soon.

burgerdog

It was one of the things I found really offputting about the first game. The idea of collecting women like cards is just... what? Good thing the rest of the game is good.

They were somewhat disgusting, too. It was okay seeing them once and never again, at least I never went back to look at them.

renitou

Average Joe Gamer doesn't care about story.

Marco1

So looking forward to this.
I hope the 360 version doesn't have the janky analogue controls that plagued the PC version.
If 360 owners don't buy this then there really is something wrong with the world, please don't release this alongside blackops 2.

Any new footage? This is out soon right? Starting to get a little worried about how it's looking/running on the 360 based on how few updates/previews/screens/footage they've released since announcing the title.

Average Joe gamer was probably a poor choice of words. What I was trying to say was only the most devoted players are willing to go out of their way to seek out back story information. I'm just curious if they are going to have something similar to the interactive comic that came with the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 to help new players catch up.

Top Bottom