• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Trends To Ever Catch On

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

Stairs said:
it does what a computer does but it coats alot more cuz of a picture of a apple on the back lol

stop trolling me

the troll trolling the trolls... because this is just uhhh, yeah.

LCfiner

Stairs said:
it does what a computer does but it coats alot more cuz of a picture of a apple on the back lol

stop trolling me

Apple doesn't make the Kindle.

The kindle is only for reading and buying books. it has a black and white screen. it's from Amazon.

Are you from this planet?

I am totally getting trolled. I must be.

wtfohigetit.jpg

There is a reason for the sagging.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Consider this, both of those theories has been debunked but the mainstream media doesn't want you to know. Therefore they continue to feed people what is false because most of them are being sponsored by corporations that are strongly rooted in that belief. It's like a religious organization sponsoring a channel and having them broadcast their beliefs.

You're fucking crazy.

TommyT said:
the troll trolling the trolls... because this is just uhhh, yeah.
pgJD7.jpg

Just for the record, RoH, I was only kidding.
Also, I just meant the little eraser things you could get to put on top of your pencil eraser. I remember those things used to be HUGE at my school book fair. They never appealed to me because it made writing hard with that big, extra weight on the end of the pencil.

This is now the point we're going around in circles. Should really update first post with ones that have been said already so people don't waste 30 seconds of their life posting things already posted.

However

The guy who said those square bar codes people need to scan to receive advertising.

Fuck them. I Agree.

Monte

Neo Member
Tattoos. Why does it seem like every other person from the ages of 18-25 have one and since when did it become the social norm?

Also, people wearing rosary beads...

way more

GTP_Daverytimes said:
It's a fucking OPINION thread. These are things i think has become a trend (well you can say that it ties into journalism as a whole)

Oh! It's an opinion that evolution and the big bang are fake. Ok, that means I should respect it and all even though it's batshit retarded

ghostmind

Any and all "Reality" Television needs to die. Congrats Survivor and all its descendants - you've ruined network television, created an entire generation of self-centered media whores, and made civilization dumber in the process.

Patrick Bateman said:
Hasn't the Crazy Frog-trend died like 2-3 years ago?

Did the guy who made that clip ever see any money?
I first remember it being someones impression of an F1 car and the website just had this static picture with the noise going off in the background.

Fair play if he rode the wave and made a mint out of it though, as annoying as it is.

HylianTom

Banned
ghostmind said:
Any and all "Reality" Television needs to die. Congrats Survivor and all its descendants - you've ruined network television, created an entire generation of self-centered media whores, and made civilization dumber in the process.

I can sign-on to this sentiment.

I can also add my special hatred for shows in which contestants must perform for either a panel or a live audience or for a home audience. Dancing, singing, odd talents, magic acts.. these shows are played-out and need to go away.

I'm at the point where 90% of what network television produces seems like crap to me, and I could be happy for the rest of my life just living off of old television shows, starting from around the time of the Honeymooners, moving on to the Twilight Zone, and making my way through to about the early 00s.

Pop culture has, like, totally succeeded, like in turning me into a, like, grumpy old man decades ahead of schedule andstuffandjunk. For reals.

mac said:
Oh! It's an opinion that evolution and the big bang are fake. Ok, that means I should respect it and all even though it's batshit retarded

It is funny how he stated it was an opinion, but before that he talked about some worldwide media/corporate/scientific conspiracy theory as if it were fact.

I doubt he'll provide evidence for his insane conspiracy theory though.

Dali

ghostmind said:
I think you mean to congratulate The Real World... or Cops.

Stairs said:

stop trolling me
This is going to be one of those "I said something stupid then will pretend I was just trollin" posts.

Monte said:
Tattoos. Why does it seem like every other person from the ages of 18-25 have one and since when did it become the social norm?

I tend to agree. Tattoos just give the appearance that you've got a stain that just won't scrub off.

In. My. Opinion.

AbsoluteZero said:
I tend to agree. Tattoos just give the appearance that you've got a stain that just won't scrub off.

In. My. Opinion.
Who cares what nerdy white kids thinks it looks like, chicks dig it. Makes you look more dangerous, wild and confident

Just resist the temptation of a Zelda tattoo.

burgervan

People sarcastically saying 'shock and awe'.

Person 1: "Gaffers are complaining about something."

Person 2: "Shock and awe."

Throavium

Wes said:
Personally speaking: Dubstep. I want to be able to like it and I can appreciate the talent that makes it but currently I think it's just plain awful.

This, although I don't think Dubstep is awful, all of the Dubstep I've heard is very repetitive, wait 45 seconds for the intro, pre-intro, drop, linger, drop, repeat.

deVIZtator said:
Dude, thats not cool. I work out and run alot, and I still have asthma. Has nothing to do with physical fitness.

I had bad asthma most of my life and it went away around the time I started to run regularly. I probably just "grew out" of my asthma naturally, but it's interesting how I gravitated towards running around the time it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom