• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Trends To Ever Catch On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zophar said:
ITT people can't tell the fucking difference between a fedora and a trilby.
tumblr_lmx4xy9YF81qje621o1_500.gif

HylianTom

Banned
brianjones said:

This, this, a thousand times this.

If I could go back to 1980 and freeze portable communications technology there forever (along with the sky-high prices it would command), I'd gladly do it. This shit has reached ridiculous levels.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Smart Phones (some features good when really needed, but has become superfluous electronic jewelry)
3D, if it does take off
Reality TV, Dancing TV, Singing TV, Singing Dancing Celebrity Biggest Loser TV. FUCK IT
Skinny jeans. I need a place for my balls and room so my sciatic nerve isn't strangled. If I need to, I prefer the ability to run, lift, and sit without my balls being strangled.
Social networking beyond basic contact list on facebook. No I don't want to see a picture of me on every website asking for me to leave a comment or like. Where's the dislike button? This blatant marketing fucking sucks.

HylianTom said:
This, this, a thousand times this.

If I could go back to 1980 and freeze portable communications technology there forever (along with the sky-high prices it would command), I'd gladly do it. This shit has reached ridiculous levels.

Yeah I can't stand people who are on their phone 24/7. Good god stop being so fucking shallow and pay attention to the things around you for once.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
perfectnight said:
Yeah I can't stand people who are on their phone 24/7. Good god stop being so fucking shallow and pay attention to the things around you for once.
The problem is that they're using their text to communicate with someone more interesting than you.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Oh, and also dumbasses that think ADD isn't a real disorder. No I haven't suffered my entire life with this disorder. It's just made up. I have meetings with my doctor every 3 months about it, get controlled scripts with my license # taken at the doctor office, and repeated again at the pharmacy as one big joke for a disorder that doesn't exist. All of the studies and brain scans showing the downregulated expression of dopamine transporters and pathways are all forged by some vast conspiracy. Makes sense.

Because this absurd and unfounded idea that's generally accepted by even otherwise intelligent people, I have to keep this disorder to myself except for close friends. I have to plan my evenings and dose around it if I want to drive places safely.

teh_pwn said:
Oh, and also dumbasses that think ADD isn't a real disorder. No I haven't suffered my entire life with this disorder. It's just made up. I have meetings with my doctor every 3 months about it, get controlled scripts with my license # taken at the doctor office, and repeated again at the pharmacy as one big joke for a disorder that doesn't exist. All of the studies and brain scans showing the downregulated expression of dopamine transporters and pathways are all forged by some vast conspiracy. Makes sense.

Because this absurd and unfounded idea that's generally accepted by even otherwise intelligent people, I have to keep this disorder to myself except for close friends. I have to plan my evenings and dose around it if I want to drive places safely.
white people problems

Raistlin said:
For everyone whining about Crocs ... just remember they have more than one style.

PAAAIAKMHDAOBEFEt.jpg

Those are my outdoor crocks. All the comfort of the original, and basically look like your typical Jesus sandals.

Regular Crocs though - yeah, they're pretty hideous.
Sorry I think those look just as hideous. :p

Raistlin said:
For everyone whining about Crocs ... just remember they have more than one style.

PAAAIAKMHDAOBEFEt.jpg

Those are my outdoor crocks. All the comfort of the original, and basically look like your typical Jesus sandals.

Regular Crocs though - yeah, they're pretty hideous.
those still look really bad.

also
>implying jesus sandals look good

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Online montage gamers (always going for fancy ass kills and not caring about the team)

and these silly things

101.jpg

Kentpaul said:
Online montage gamers (always going for fancy ass kills and not caring about the team)

and these silly things

101.jpg
they're supposed to be way better for you than regular shoes, but yeah they look awful

tiff

Banned
thezerofire said:
they're supposed to be way better for you than regular shoes, but yeah they look awful
looking fashionable isn't really the point of sports equipment though.

Pollux

Kentpaul said:

and these silly things

101.jpg
As I've said before these are GREAT for running, if your running. but yea the look stupid if people are just wearing them around town.

spindashing said:
It's to keep the hair from messing up when growing waves. It's not necessarily panty hose, but panty hose can be used like a durag/wave cap. It wouldn't work with this guy who has braids, though.

Also, add me to the baggy jeans that are worn a feet away from the hips hate club. I don't want to see your underwear.

It's also to keep braids looking fresh, hence the guy in the pic wearing them.

Wearing them outside the house was always stupid though.

OmniGamer

bjaelke said:

So much this! I F**ING HATE IT!

Also, vertically captured cell phone videos(particularly the stuff they show on the local news sent in from amateur people at the scene)...as if the general jerkiness of "OMG IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING" type videos wasn't bad enough, we get to see it in a super narrow "peaking out of the closet door" view.

zmoney said:
As I've said before these are GREAT for running, if your running. but yea the look stupid if people are just wearing them around town.
Running as in actual running/jogging?

Color me surprised. I would think that good running shoes need a lot more buffer, elasticity and resiliency to protect the feet than what those weird glove-shoes provide.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Reading through this thread I've realized I severely dislike 99% of what is posted here.

Somehow I feel this makes me a jerk/bad person.

Pollux

Souldriver said:
Running as in actual running/jogging?

Color me surprised. I would think that good running shoes need a lot more buffer, elasticity and resiliency to protect the feet than what those weird glove-shoes provide.
nope...check it out.

The Vibram Truth.

DennisK4 said:
Yes, all woman look awful in these things. What are they called?

I think different places call them different things. Maddox calls them Tit curtains and I can't think of a better name.

Lets make all women have no cleavage and look like they're pregnant, thats a great idea!

TimeLike

TommyT said:
No, that's still an initialism.
I used to say this to people, but the improper use of acronym has become so widespread that dictionaries are now including initialism as a definition for it. You mite as well give up because people can now just point to the dictionary and tell you to piss off. I always say, however, that being in the dictionary just means it exists, not that it's correct.

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
Not to sound too much like an old man yelling at the clouds, but back in my day we made fun of people who didn't bend the bill of their caps. Straight bills are bad but the worst are the people who don't take the sticker off and keep the bill straight.

I hate straight bills too.

thebeeks

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
tripp_green_tube_chain_pants.jpg

tripppants.jpg

Knew a fair number of these in high-school.

YOU ARE NOT FROM KINGDOM HEARTS!

But but but what if we wore them before Kingdom Hearts?
Thank you for reminding me of my awkward high school years, though.

Samara

DennisK4 said:
Yes, all woman look awful in these things. What are they called?

Empire waist, or baby doll dresses which were way more popular around since the 60-70s.
As for the flats, its either this or sneakers:take your pick

As for me:
Celebrity endorsements on everything.
Texting
Those stupid facebook faces. including, that "Im suprised look", "duckface" Fingerpointing" and well others
Fake "nerd" eyeglasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom