• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want to see an updated Dualshock 4 with the PS4 Neo?

Mikey Jr.

So would you want to see Sony update the DS4 for the PS4 Neo?

Is it feasible? Likely? Unlikely?

I'd like to see some small stuff get improved. I don't want a super standard controller that gives an unfair advantage to the old DS4. But I would like to see changed....

-Reduce the touchpad size. It doesn't have to be that big. I think Sony thought that the touchpad would be a bigger deal than it has been. Right now its just a gigantic select button and that's probably all it ever will be.

-Move options and share more towards each other with the reduced touchpad size so they aren't so close to the dpad and face buttons.

-Raise the options and share button, especially options. Way too flush to the controller.

-Better battery life obviously.

-For some reason, Sony seems intent on not allowing you to turn off the DS4 light. Fine. But make the thing smaller at least. Does it have to be so big?

-This one might enter the realm of "obviously an advantage", but I would like to see the buttons that the steam controller added to the back of their controller that mimics L3 and R3.

-Dunno, maybe something with the sticks. I like them. Better than the PS3 shit sticks. Maybe a more premium feel to them?

So anyways, what say you? Is it something you think they will do? Or is there really no point in doing something like that?

Mikey Jr.

Kinda hard to advertise build quality.

Sony: Check out our new controller!
Person: Looks exactly the fucking same....
Sony: Yeah, but its not built like shite anymore!

I just want an elite, personally. I was looking into some third-party options, but a first party controller with paddles on the back would be great.

Probably the biggest thing I'm jealous of with the XB1. I own the console, but can't justify the $150 controller when I don't play multiplats on it.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Everything everyone else has said and since we're wishing, drop the price $20 and offer them in 50 colors.

Battery life needs to be 10x as long, which would be around 80 hours like the dualshock 3 and make it sturdy and that's it. I don't have a problem with the light at all.

Hip Hop

Mainly this
Better battery life

better battery life, ability to turn off the stupid light bar.

Better battery. That's about it.

Longer battery life. That's the main issue I have ATM

And I guess this too:

Build quality so I don't have to replace it every six months 'cause the left clickable thumb stick stops working.

EDIT:

lool I don't know how/why anyone would want this :
i want a ds3 for ps4. and no neo.

Justinh

Would you want to see an updated Dualshock 4
Yeah. A better made controller with a better battery would be really nice. It's not my favorite controller this gen, but I like it and think its design deserves better.
...with the PS4 Neo?
yeah, sure...whenever. Yeah, I think I agree with the touchpad, OP and definitely on your opinion to slightly raise the options and share buttons.

Strongly disagree with removal of micro-usb controller. I welcome more devices using standard/non-proprietary connectors.
Just maybe, have it recessed or something so it's harder to wiggle the connector loose from its pcb? I dunno.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Higher quality thumbsticks.
Get rid of micro usb connector for fuck sake.

And add wireless charging or...?

Also I'm waiting for that one poster who comes in this thread and wants the left thumb stick moved up to mimic a console controller not made by Sony. There's always one in every thread.

wig

It will be really foolish if they don't pair the PS4K with an updated DS4. Even minor improvements like turning off the light bar and better battery life would be great.

MikeyB

Longer battery life, no light bar, better thumbsticks, better triggers, and quieter face buttons (my five year old DS3 buttons are almost silent, while my 1 and 2 year old DS4 buttons audibly click and clack).

xJavonta

Banned

Also I'm waiting for that one poster who comes in this thread and wants the right thumb stick moved up to mimic a console controller not made by Sony. There's always one in every thread.
That would be me.

I REALLY want a wireless non symmetrical stick DS4 with better batteries, less recessed option keys and a smaller touchpad. And better textured sticks.

I would maybe like the thumbsticks to be a little more spread apart, as my tiny baby hands get just uncomfortable enough reaching the thumbsticks.

Also I'm waiting for that one poster who comes in this thread and wants the right thumb stick moved up to mimic a console controller not made by Sony. There's always one in every thread.

Well, Hori makes a ps4 controller that mimics said layout :p It just has terrible L2/R2 buttons

Sure, but aside from turning that light into almost nothing so I can better battery life, most of my wants would be like asking for a different controller. I wish I had an X1 controller with PS symbols and the touch pad in the middle.

Demoskinos

Yes. The current DS4 builds are straight up garbage. I love the form factor and everything about the controller except that the build quality is really bad.

ghibli99

With a few small changes, it could be THE controller:

Better analog sticks
Meatier triggers (bumpers are fine)
Better battery life (ability to turn the lightbar completely off)
Convex/raised Share/Options buttons (these are truly the worst IMO)

Otherwise, I really like it. All 3 console manufacturers put out nice controllers this generation (DS4, XB1, Wii U Pro).

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see one. I love the build quality of the Xbox One Elite controller.

They don't need to go that far with swappable parts (I just use the stock X1 type sticks anyway) and paddles. Just up the build quality and improve the battery life.

Top Bottom