• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want to see an updated Dualshock 4 with the PS4 Neo?

The build quality sucks. My L3 click is all but non-functional and the cost to replace the controller is quite high. I don't have an issue with the battery life, but I'd love the ability to turn off the light entirely. Dim isn't nearly dim enough.

Griss

Yes, because the current pad is shite.

It needs, at a minimum:
Better build quality (single most important thing - all of my 3 pads have NO rubber left on the sticks, and one has entirely cracked in half)
Better battery
Option to turn off the light
Better sticks
Better L1 / R1 buttons
Better triggers
Easier to press share button

And from there they can do what they like.

ckohler

Better battery life would be nice.

Also offer a DS4 Elite with higher build quality for those willing to pay extra.

muteki

Better battery life should be doable.

I will always prefer lower sticks or something like the Saturn 3D pad but it would never happen.

pablito

Better build quality, battery and light settings.

My original controller is shitting out on me and so is my new one. My least favorite part of the PS4.

Better build quality,

More comfortable joysticks

And to emphasize again better build quality, I don't wanna have a third fucking controller whose triggers break

dtcm83

Better battery life is really all that I would want, it is very bad on both my my DS4s. ~5-6hrs of use before having to recharge. Bonus would be to raise the share/options buttons so they are a little easier to locate with my fingers without having to look at the controller.

BumRush

Yes, because the current pad is shite.

It needs, at a minimum:
Better build quality (single most important thing - all of my 3 pads have NO rubber left on the sticks, and one has entirely cracked in half)
Better battery
Option to turn off the light
Better sticks
Better L1 / R1 buttons
Better triggers
Easier to press share button

And from there they can do what they like.

You named every single part of the controller.

The battery, general build quality, and share option buttons are what I want fixed. I seem to always accidentally press the share button.

This with ability to turn off the light.

51w-M2Kne1L._SL256_.jpg

Myze

While an equivalent to an Elite controller would be kind of nice (although, it's a great controller, it is overpriced), they wouldn't release it WITH the Neo, at least not in the box. They aren't going to add any more $$$ on top of the console than they feel they have to.

I would like what everyone else is asking for though, better build quality and longer battery life (honestly would be perfectly ok with just better battery life).

Logash

The only thing I really care about is the battery life. I only had the build quality issue with my first controller so it's not up there on my list but that would be nice as well

Peterc

I'm question myself what would be the new gimmick for the controller?

Last gimmick they made was the touchpad on the controller. The gimmick didn't worked out like it should be.

I'm thinking maybe they will come with something like this:

screen-shot-2012-11-30-at-114409-pm.png

It's a patent of sony.
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/1112...developing-modular-dualshock-move-controller/

You can detach it so that you have 2 seperate peaces and can use it like move.
That way you can play normal games and VR games.

It will be a good gimmick move for the VR system of sony, what do you think?

What Gimmick you like to see?

Kurt

I'm question myself what would be the new gimmick for the controller?

Last gimmick they made was the touchpad on the controller. The gimmick didn't worked out like it should be.

I'm thinking maybe they will come with something like this:

screen-shot-2012-11-30-at-114409-pm.png

It's a patent of sony.
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/1112...developing-modular-dualshock-move-controller/

You can detach it so that you have 2 seperate peaces and can use it like move.
That way you can play normal games and VR games.

It will be a good gimmick move for the VR system of sony, what do you think?

What Gimmick you like to see?

This controller design has even a better dpad.

Caayn

Just make it like the DS3 again. It would be awesome.

PLUS: Please change L3 with the analog pad.
DS3, and the precious DS controllers, are all bad in terms of ergonomics. The DS4 is the first Sony controller that feels actually great to hold.

Vuze

Build quality and more comfortable sticks. I don't use my ps4 enough to judge aspects such as battery life and logevity of the sticks etc but the DS4 and its buttons always felt a bit cheap to me.

Skinpop

DS3, and the precious DS controllers, are all bad in terms of ergonomics. The DS4 is the first Sony controller that feels actually great to hold.

heavily disagree.
ds3 allow much more freedom in terms of how I hold the controller. the "ergonomic" features of ds4 only get in the way.

It's like the difference between a classic japanese kitchen knife and ergonomic knives.

Klart

Build quality was imrpoved already (well the rubber sticks).

I quite like the DS4, but for some reason I would like a good alternative. Just more choice. 3rd party usually is cheaper, but also crappy.

Improved battery is really all I want out of it. Maybe move the options button a bit away from the touchpad. Though I think that issue is more of me having big fingers.

benjammin

Why not? If incremental upgrades for consoles are going to become a thing, then they could at least fix the issues with the ds4. I love the design and feel of the controller, but the battery life and especially the build quality are awful. The controller certainly shouldn't be the weak point of the console.

FaintDeftone

All they need to do is enhance the battery life and make them a bit more durable and it's fine. Nothing else really needs changed in my opinion.

honjo73

i'd very much like a updated DS4, similar to the Xbox One Elite, with customisable analog sticks, paddles, and better build quality. current battery life and the light bar on Low setting don't bother me that much.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Keep the controller the same, just update the build quality and the battery life

Yeah the touchpad is fucking monstrous for what it's actually being used for and the options button usually means I'm pressing some sort of combination of Options, Triangle, and the touchpad.

Audioboxer

Keep the controller the same, just update the build quality and the battery life

This. I wouldn't want game specific new features or tack ons.

The track pad is decent because it's using up dead space to give us a few more button inputs. However I feel mine fails to correctly register pushes at times. It responds but in some games that use side sensitive options the trackpad sometimes does as it please wherever I push it.

Same form factor, better quality version definately. Besides all the known quality issues, the material on the back feels good when you first grab the controller but makes your palms sweat alot 45mins in. And my palms never sweat

Audioboxer

Same form factor, better quality version definately. Besides all the known quality issues, the material on the back feels good when you first grab the controller but makes your palms sweat alot 45mins in. And my palms never sweat

Sounds like you've been praising too intensively in Dark Souls.

CHC

Never had build quality issues, but that touchpad needs a revision. As it right now it's essentially a gigantic sign that says "ehhh we tried...."

Whatever purposes they had in mind for it have been undercooked and underutilized, I'd gladly take a cheaper controller without it if I was sure the games themselves supported such a thing.

Top Bottom