• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WRC4 Video

Gek54

WRC 4 - 307 in French - Streaming

0075.jpg

Pug

As with all WR games looks nice plays ordinary. Why does the 307 move around an a single axis, which is blantantly is smack in the middle of the car. The handling looked awful in that video. And what with the mirror like reflection from the car, is the paint still wet?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its looking pretty good...

i've never played the series, but i did get a brief hands on w/ 4 at e3, and well, the controls felt very ackward. really loose. almost like the old "cruisin'" arcade games, where you could very quickly and very easily turn the car completely left or completely right at anytime...

is this typical for the series with the duel shock? does this series control better with a wheel?

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
That screenshot of the WRX looks rad, but the video isn't terrifically impressive. I'll stick with Colin McRae, especially since I didn't like the first WRC much at all. Doesn't look like we're missing too much in the States.

Dekajelly

Martin Kenwright -

"We really did our homework on the handling model, building a new car-simulation system from scratch using techniques from the automotive industry. For instance, our slip-angle tyre model means there are no central pivots of fake forces. The car's motion comes entirely from the wheels, gravity and aerodynamics."

No central pivs here :) and that video is of the recent online beta code.

Gek54

MarkRyan-IGN said:
I'll stick with Colin McRae, especially since I didn't like the first WRC much at all. Doesn't look like we're missing too much in the States.

CMR series is fun but if you have not played WRC2 or WRC3 then you are indeed missing out. WRC was terrible IMO but the sequels made up for it. Its still going to take ALOT to dethrone Richard Burns Rally. I can only hope CMR2005 and WRC4 can even come close.

op_ivy

Gek54 said:
CMR series is fun but if you have not played WRC2 or WRC3 then you are indeed missing out. WRC was terrible IMO but the sequels made up for it. Its still going to take ALOT to dethrone Richard Burns Rally. I can only hope CMR2005 and WRC4 can even come close.

RBR has soooo much potential, but the game feels sooo incredibly rushed in nearly all areas that saying its flawed is putting it mildly (xbox version). RBR2, if they make one, should fucking rule all though.

Shinobi

MarkRyan-IGN said:
That screenshot of the WRX looks rad, but the video isn't terrifically impressive. I'll stick with Colin McRae, especially since I didn't like the first WRC much at all. Doesn't look like we're missing too much in the States.

To be fair, WRC2 was said to be a HUGE jump from WRC1, which I wasn't big on either. I actually have WRC2, but can't play it since I'm taking my sweet time modding my PS2.

And yeah, what's the skinny with Richard Burns Rally? Though if WRC can't make it over, I can't see RBR making the trip.

op_ivy

Shinobi said:
To be fair, WRC2 was said to be a HUGE jump from WRC1, which I wasn't big on either. I actually have WRC2, but can't play it since I'm taking my sweet time modding my PS2.

And yeah, what's the skinny with Richard Burns Rally? Though if WRC can't make it over, I can't see RBR making the trip.

richard burns rally is like the ferrari f355 (w/ assists of of course) of rally games... that is, it is really hard to get good at, but its very fun and satisfying.

unfortunately the game has fairly weak graphics and a pretty damn horrid frame rate (at least on xbox)

Holy freakin cow!

That's about a good a racer graphically as I've seen on the PS2. Could they please bring it over here this time?

Gek54

Yeah RBR is not totally polished but the physics and handling with the 900 degree TFF wheel support make it the most realistic rally game ever seen. Everyone likes to diss the bland graphics but you have to remember the tracks are based on real life rally tracks. They didnt add fluff to make it purdy.

vortal_pic_110079.jpg

op_ivy

the funny thing is though, that environment looks great, but the rest in the game cant even come close to that... another area that shows to me how rushed the game was...

i love racing through those meadows though :D

Shinobi

Hell, if the visuals are the worst thing about the game, then that's no big deal. I doubt it'll come out here, so I'm gonna import it for PS2 once I get it chipped. Hopefully the frame rate is decent.

op_ivy

Shinobi said:
Hell, if the visuals are the worst thing about the game, then that's no big deal. I doubt it'll come out here, so I'm gonna import it for PS2 once I get it chipped. Hopefully the frame rate is decent.

i've heard the ps2 one is much better then the xbox... but in the xbox one, the frame rate is a semi-solid 30fps from the bumper view, and horribly unstabble 15 or so from 3rd (its aweful from 3rd)

Shinobi

Oh I'd only use the first person views (road/bumper/bonnet/windshield), so even if it's the same in the PS2 version that wouldn't be an issue for me. Third person view is pretty much unusable for me these days, though I bet it winds up being the better choice for OutRun 2.

Gek54

WOW, much improved visuals and gone is the nasty pop-up, at least the pop-up of objects 50 feet from you. Still a little too much grip for the sim side but the arcade people should love the extra speed.

Gek54

Deka, Have you played WRC04?

I agree about CMR5. CMR4 was good but 5 is worse than 3.

Edit: Ohhh I see what you are talking about, Thats funny.

op_ivy

the game seemed pretty cool at e3, despite haveing very odd controls, which hopefully i'd adjust to fairly quickly. so, i'm looking forwrd to it. based on the fact that it was at e3, it is coming stateside this time, right? any word on that?

and has the iq been cleaned up? the game used some kind of filter (?) or something that made it really blurry at e3

Top Bottom