• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest is now 60FPS on XSX

RAIDEN1

Just out of curiosity as being a recent owner of a PS4 Pro, what is the performance like on there? I have the game on base Xbox-1 due to gamepass, but curious to know does the Pro boost the performance at all?

Rudius

Just out of curiosity as being a recent owner of a PS4 Pro, what is the performance like on there? I have the game on base Xbox-1 due to gamepass, but curious to know does the Pro boost the performance at all?
1440p 30 fps. Seems to perform well to me.

waquzy

Come on Bugbear, where the heck is the update for the PS5? I'm well disappointed by this, I am about to sell the damn game in anger, cos I'm fuming. When is the update coming? It's been over a week now!!

So disappointing...

Interfectum

Come on Bugbear, where the heck is the update for the PS5? I'm well disappointed by this, I am about to sell the damn game in anger, cos I'm fuming. When is the update coming? It's been over a week now!!

So disappointing...
Snoop Dogg GIF by Verzuz

Omeyocan

So disappointing...

I bet that the update is coming sometime next month with the usual extra stuff. I’m quite disappointed that we didn’t get the boost at the same time as XSX owners.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Today was another update on XSX, nothing on PS5?
(not sure what that update was, but it was few GBs)

GriffinCorp

I just started playing this games earlier this week but I’m loving it much more than Dirt 5. I feel like the music is spot on for a racing game. It feels like arcade racers of the 90’s. It’s so smooth with the 60 FPS. I can only imagine how this will look on an OLED.

Shmunter

Slight derail, there was an update to Hunt Showdown couple of days ago, but still 30 on PS5. Why release support patches without unlocking the framerate?

Does anybody know if the Hunt is getting a 60 FPS patch at some point? Looks amazing, but just cannot commit at 30.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks amazing, but just cannot commit at 30.
Only shooter I dabbled with at 30 fps since the 360 days is Gears. Slow enough pacing it works.

Any other shooter or racer has to be 60 fps for me.

I could live with 30 fps for slow paced Bethesda games too, but for anyone out there with Series X, once you test out Skyrim and F4 at 4k/60 fps with mods improving textures and weather the games look nothing like the original. And with loading times probably 1/4 the length of old systems, it makes it much more fun. I just loaded up some cloud saves from 2017 and plowed through a few hours of Skyrim tonight. Amazing how much more immersive it is not staring at loading screens as much.

I can never go back to playing a SP RPG game at 30 now.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Well it's happening, but charging 10€ for the next-gen upgrade is disappointing. Or maybe they can salvage this by adding the season pass content to the extended edition?

M1chl

Well it's happening, but charging 10€ for the next-gen upgrade is disappointing. Or maybe they can salvage this by adding the season pass content to the extended edition?

What the fuck ,so basically on XSX you get it for free and with PS5 customers have to pay extra, because dev licence for PS5....it's small team so it make sense, but still I hate this practice.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The $10 upgrade seems to be a hit and miss thing on both consoles. Xbox gamers get hit with $10 upgrades on Call of Duty and I think Crash Bandicoot too.

M1chl

Yeah so, where are listen improvements for PS5 then? I mean look at games like Mortal Shell when with update you get repackaged PS4 Pro version, just with unlocked framerate, just because you write PS5 in manifest, does not magically improve stuff.

Mr Moose

Yeah so, where are listen improvements for PS5 then? I mean look at games like Mortal Shell when with update you get repackaged PS4 Pro version, just with unlocked framerate, just because you write PS5 in manifest, does not magically improve stuff.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I didn't know! Thanks for the heads up. I played it unlocked on PC, but downloaded it on XSX for my six year old to play (he saw me playing it on PC and asked for it). We noticed the 30fps and found it awkward, so it got deleted.. Guess it'll get reinstalled now.

8C2iCJY.jpg

Seriously.. The paid patch is pathetic, it just looks like the average free next gen patch, so why take money for it. I would think that most devs would be happy to give this away for free for the revitalized interest and the wake of new sales of the game and DLC.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Just got this and it’s a lot of fun. Same it has so much aliasing though. Will defo pay for PS5 update.

So a framerate unlock for free for Xbox Series X users, and an actual upgrade for PS5 users for an extra 10 bucks for a game you already got lol

The messaging behind this is terrible and needs to be a bit more streamlined.

xrnzaaas

Becouse is the next gen upgrade, on series x they have just unlocked the frames to 60
I'm not comparing it to the XSX patch. I'm just saying that charging 10 euro for an optimization patch and DualSense support (which is probably going to be the only feature unavailable on other platforms and needing actual work to implement) is a lot.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Double ooof!

Xbox players get an update to 4k60fps for nothing, but no enhanced effects (it’s effectively an unlocked Xbox one version).

PS players get a proper next gen version with enhancements, but have to pay an additional 10 quid for it?

I *think* I would rather be an Xbox player here (but I’m a tight Scotsman). Great game, but I have already paid for it thanks.

vkbest

I'm not comparing it to the XSX patch. I'm just saying that charging 10 euro for an optimization patch and DualSense support (which is probably going to be the only feature unavailable on other platforms and needing actual work to implement) is a lot.
The message is pretty terrible for me, after this, what company would want to enhanced a older game or even a current or future PS4 game (there are a ton of games releasing this year with no next gen version) with a patch in PS5 if people will buy again those "upgrades"?

I could understand this version, if they would treat PS5 users like they did on XSX, and enhancement BC patch, here they forcing you pay again if you want 60fps.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Everything is unaviable on other platforms,is only for ps5
Is 10€ becouse is the next gen patch and is a small team

On series x is the Xbox one version with 60fps and not 30fps

Mr Moose

Tony Hawk had the upgrade if you had digital for $10. Disc owners got no options.
So it's true you can't upgrade the disc versions for £10? They straight up lied then.

*Upgrade path from the PS4 standard edition (physical or digital) to the PS5 Digital Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle available at launch on March 26 on PlayStation Store for $10 (please check your local version of PlayStation Store for regional pricing). The upgrade path will not be available to PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here take my $10 bucks now.

36969501570588225baae6cd5dd3edb1.gif

Wreckfest is fucking awesome. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't experienced it. It is so damn fun and I end up laughing so much playing my wife
will ask me "what's going on, are you ok?" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Will test this week. I downloaded on Series X last week. Looks fun.

Been busy plowing through 4k/60 Skyrim with mods which looks phenomenal.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So it's true you can't upgrade the disc versions for £10? They straight up lied then.

*Upgrade path from the PS4 standard edition (physical or digital) to the PS5 Digital Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle available at launch on March 26 on PlayStation Store for $10 (please check your local version of PlayStation Store for regional pricing). The upgrade path will not be available to PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console.
Sorry should have specified on xbox. PS owners could upgrade disc and digital copies. Xbox could only upgrade digital.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I have this game on Series S which sadly is only 30fps. But its rather fun. Might just buy the PS5 version.

Dualsense in WRC 9 is amazing. That feature could be worth the price.

Just a little promotion: WRC 9 on itself is amazing. It is/was 20 bucks on PSN. Get it. Its better than Dirt Rally on consoles and its actual next-gen.

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
Dualsense in WRC 9 is amazing. That feature could be worth the price.
Its funny how people dont mind that feature on the comparasions when its a good distintive factor to choose a multiplat, control dual sense features make the game more awesome

Skifi28

Just a little promotion: WRC 9 on itself is amazing. It is/was 20 bucks on PSN. Get it. Its better than Dirt Rally on consoles and its actual next-gen.
Jesus, no. It was "ok" but nothing more. Remarkable for being unremarkable, dualsense support was just about the only thing standing out. It has nothing on Dirt Rally 2.

Top Bottom