• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
They want to book her like Bryan because they don't understand Bryan got over in spite of their booking, not because of it.

Zayn has the same problem.

Sure, and a lot of that comes down to look. Bryan wasn't just short, he was bearded and scruffy and not a monster. He didnt have an impressive physique so Vince can't see way anyone would rally behind him despite his tremendous likability and understated charisma. They boiled it down to a chant and nothing more. Bayley looks like an average girl, they can't understand why fans, especially young girls would rally behind her, so lets make her look out of place and socially inept. Zayn is just DB 2.0, same thing.

CX9SA2lWkAAYKX4.png

You will respect its wealth...of deliciousness.

In span of two years, Bayley went from having 14,000 screaming fans chanting her name after a MOTY contender in Brooklyn

to

"Have you ever even kissed a boy?"

As someone who was once in the "Putting Bayley on the main roster is foolproof" camp, boy I sure look silly. Actually very impressed with how hard they dropped the ball.

yuraya

Fucking finally we get to see Nakamura. The guy is getting treated better than Lesnar ffs. Its a shame he has to go against crappy Ziggler tho. Hopefully he brings out the best in him.

The rest of the card is really good. Only disappointment is the womens tag stuff. Way too much talent there to be wasting it on meaningless matches.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jinder Mahal is fighting for the WWE title.

This is some Bret Hart vs Jean-Pierre Lafitte crap.

Now I miss India :(

The Veg Maharaja Mac is delicious.

Also this idea that WWE is pushing Jinder Mahal for Indian audience is absurd. India is full of marks. They would hate a heel even if he is Indian. If they wanted a push in India, they would have gone with a face push, even a midcard face push would have been fine.
TNA tried this with Sonjay Dutt and one more dude.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Asuka's constant winning is no longer effective, she is just burying the division at this rate. Have her vacate the title and move her up. I'm not even sure EM being in this match means she goes over.

jwhit28

Also this idea that WWE is pushing Jinder Mahal for Indian audience is absurd. India is full of marks. They would hate a heel even if he is Indian. If they wanted a push in India, they would have gone with a face push, even a midcard face push would have been fine.

Did it work for Khali?

Khali was super over in India even as a monster heel

Mic skills are 1000000x better than Reigns

No way. Reigns' booking is worse and his writing is bad, but his pure mic skills are way better than Jinder has shown his to be over the last month.

Top Bottom