• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Extreme Rules '17 |OT| Broken Tables, Broken Dreams, No Broken Hardyz :(

Bronx-Man

Banned
Things you can watch tonight instead of this show:

Twin Peaks
NBA Finals
Wonder Woman
Captain Underpants
Literally anything else

I love how this is called Extreme rules, in which one of the matches involves one person not being able to get themselves disqualified, or else they lose their title. SO EXTREME!!!!!

Lol, that's the part that gets me. What the hell?

Why bother putting a KENDO STICK ON A POLE?

Aren't there 10 chairs, five tables, and probably three or four kendo sticks under the ring?

The idea behind these matches are generally that only the weapon from the pole are legal. Like, literally, only particular weapon is legal. Or at least it was, I feel like they got loose with that, but it's been a long time since I've seen a pole match.

Tom Nook

No desire to watch this PPV.

I can see each match will have some fuck finish then just continue the feud for the next PPV - Great Balls of Fire will even be MORE EXTREME.

GunBR

0 hype for the pay per view, but at least all the matches looks unpredictable to me.

I can see the all the 5 titles going to either way
(and having a rematch at the next ppv)
and I also can see all of the 5 guys winning and facing Brock (Roman and Balor probably not, but doesn't look impossible to happen)

The best part of the Ambrose vs Miz match is how Ambrose was literally a CZW world champ and he's the guy who's on the match where he can't get DQ'd or else he'll lose the belt.

Punishment for last ER and that awful Asylum Match.

ULTRAVIOLENT JUNE!

I fully expect the womens match to end with Bayley getting the stick and walking straight into a DDT to finish the character assassination.

I'm ready to complain about the content that I'm paying for as though this is the GiantBomb thread.

I just hope they don't take the title off of Neville or else we'll end up getting another rematch between the two and Aries will carry the division as well as TJP did.

ULTRAVIOLENT JUNE!

I fully expect the womens match to end with Bayley getting the stick and walking straight into a DDT to finish the character assassination.
Alexa already had a make the babyface look like a complete fool during the entire feud and then have the heel still win in the end thing with Becky and the same will happen with Bayley.

I honestly don't remember how the DQ title change stipulation came to be...
Ambrose and Miz had a championship match, Miz went for a low blow, Ambrose caught his hand and then kicked him in the nuts, throwing the match out on a DQ win for Miz. Miz got this match then from Kurt.

Alexa already had a make the babyface look like a complete fool during the entire feud and then have the heel still win in the end thing with Becky and the same will happen with Bayley.

Given how often that they book heels like cowardly chumps and have champions lose non-stop it's amazing that they opt to book Alexa as strong as they do despite her being the least threatening looking wrestler on the roster.

abundant

Given how often that they book heels like cowardly chumps and have champions lose non-stop it's amazing that they opt to book Alexa as strong as they do despite her being the least threatening looking wrestler on the roster.

It's pretty amazing that out of everyone that has been called up from NXT, Alexa Bliss has been one of the few that didn't have every good quality stripped away.

Murkas

Ambrose and Miz had a championship match, Miz went for a low blow, Ambrose caught his hand and then kicked him in the nuts, throwing the match out on a DQ win for Miz. Miz got this match then from Kurt.

That jogged my memory. Doesn't sound very extreme though.

Things you can watch tonight instead of this show:

Wonder Woman
ryan-pointing-the-office.gif

Swapzism

I really wish there was an "Extreme" counter on the bottom of the screen for everytime somebody says "extreme".

UberTag

I really wish there was an "Extreme" counter on the bottom of the screen for everytime somebody says "extreme".
Take a shot at every mention of either "extreme" or "new era".
You'll be so hammered by the time the main event hits you won't be able to get upset by the outcome.

Top Bottom