• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Summerslam 2016 |OT| The Flo Rida Concert Is Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no Kalisto vs. Corbin on the card? I figured they were building to that...

I'm sure we'll get a segment that's the logical follow-up to this.
bwYb.png

Sephzilla

Not to take sides here, but "carny blames other carny for shit match" isn't the most bulletproof piece of evidence you can produce, right?

WrestleMania would have been right around the time Lesnar was trying to get a foot back into the door with UFC, so he probably would have been hesitant to go full hardcore match with Dean then

WrestleMania would have been right around the time Lesnar was trying to get a foot back into the door with UFC, so he probably would have been hesitant to go full hardcore match with Dean then

I get that, I'm just pointing out that "Dean said it was Brock's fault" isn't the most solid point to make.

Stone Cold is a terrible interviewer. Most of the time it doesn't matter because it's just him and another carny shooting the shit but it was painfully obvious in that Dean pod.

Mahonay

Banned
Can't believe the match I care about most is the Ziggler one.
Ambrose and Ziggler absolutely knocked it out of the fucking park with their promos over the past couple of weeks. I didn't think it was possible for me to give a shit about that feud.

DeathyBoy

Banned
But have you considered what he does on TV? brock probably thought his ideas were dumb as hell. also consider Ambrose previous feuds and matches.

Eh, Brock is in a "I'm gonna suplex this guy fifty times then bounce" autopilot mode. Cena at SS worked because it was unique, it's less unique when he tries that formula every time.

Yet he's still capable of putting on great matches, even with Old Man Undertaker. He cares about performing and getting paid for doing his job. It's the schedule and media stuff he doesn't care about.

Yeah, I've don't watch Brock and even think he doesn't care. He will stiff the shit of up people if they fuck up or try or sandbag. I think he cares how he looks.

Yeah, I've don't watch Brock and even think he doesn't care. He will stiff the shit of up people if they fuck up or try or sandbag. I think he cares how he looks.
So your argument is invalid. Also his selling has done a lot to make others look good (see Roman Reigns at WM31).

Bowser

Just made a last minute decision to buy a ticket...SummerSlam in my backyard with this card, couldn't pass it up.

Now watch me hate every match outcome lol

UberTag

Yay... another 6 1/2 hour wrestling event. Because, apparently, that was their one takeaway from Wrestlemania.
That every major network special should be THAT long.

Forkball

So which is the most likely:

Samoa Joe appears (Cena match?)
GOLDBERG appears
Orton wins
The Universal Title looks extremely dumb
Miz vs. Crews is not the worst match

yeah, because ambrose's fights are so funny and interesting
The match was a No Holds Barred Street Fight, not a regular match and was being hyped up as crazy. Regardless of Ambrose's in-ring ability, the guy himself looks more than okay with being hit with weapons so the match could have easily been better than what it was. Brock was either thinking of UFC or was just being lazy and didn't want to put the effort in.

ReiGun

So which is the most likely:

Samoa Joe appears (Cena match?)
GOLDBERG appears
Orton wins
The Universal Title looks extremely dumb
Miz vs. Crews is not the worst match

I'd say Goldberg and the Universal Title looking dumb are your best bets.

Podge293

Somewhat a silly question but Google has provided me with conflicting info.

What time does the whole show (pre show) start Irish/UK time? I've gotten 10 and main show to start at 12 but that seems an hour earlier than usual

Yep. You're looking at 5:00pm until 11:30pm Eastern or 2:00pm until 8:30pm Pacific.
Cancel the rest of your plans for today. (Oh and no Mauro and Graves after the pre-show... plenty of JBL and Saxton, though.)

Wait, the commentary teams for each brand aren't announcing their brands' matches? Is that news or are you just assuming?

Somewhat a silly question but Google has provided me with conflicting info.

What time does the whole show (pre show) start Irish/UK time? I've gotten 10 and main show to start at 12 but that seems an hour earlier than usual

Little under three hours from right now. 2 hours and 43 minutes exactly.

UberTag

Wait, the commentary teams for each brand aren't announcing their brands' matches? Is that news or are you just assuming?
This isn't me assuming. This has been formally announced as the plan going forward for all intra-brand PPVs / network specials.

And yes, it makes no sense. Apparently JBL will be the sole voice of Smackdown when we see a feud like Cena vs. Styles have its blow-off match.

Now for brand-specific network specials it'll be the same commentary team that calls television. So the Backlash team will be Ranallo, JBL and Otunga the entire way through.

Brand split. There's gonna be even more in a couple of weeks with smackdown tag and women titles
Don't forget about the cruiserweight title on RAW.

Yep. You're looking at 5:00pm until 11:30pm Eastern or 2:00pm until 8:30pm Pacific.
Cancel the rest of your plans for today. (Oh and no Mauro and Graves after the pre-show... plenty of JBL and Saxton, though.)

My god this is going to be awful to listen too.

UberTag

Seems like the match winner odds have solidified themselves for tonight's event; boasts some winner outcomes I'm legitimately surprised by.

Verendus

Banned
Tonight is the beginning of the rise of the Age of the Roman Empire. For a third time.

First, Roman takes the US championship. Then he defeats some jabronis for a few months. Then he wins the Roman Rumble 2017. Then he faces Barack Lesnar in the main event of Wrasslin'Mania 33.

S.M.A.R.T.

UberTag

Tonight is the beginning of the rise of the Age of the Roman Empire. For a third time.

First, Roman takes the US championship. Then he defeats some jabronis for a few months. Then he wins the Roman Rumble 2017. Then he faces Barack Lesnar in the main event of Wrasslin'Mania 33.

S.M.A.R.T.
Keep the faith, Verendus. Hope you'll enjoy that Roman vs. Rusev match tonight as much as I will.

Wagram

If Banks loses i'm going to be pissed. I like Charlotte (probably more than the average joe), but it's Sasha's time. Her main run hasn't been booked the best and if they stop it now then what the fuck man.

This isn't me assuming. This has been formally announced as the plan going forward for all intra-brand PPVs / network specials.

And yes, it makes no sense. Apparently JBL will be the sole voice of Smackdown when we see a feud like Cena vs. Styles have its blow-off match.

Now for brand-specific network specials it'll be the same commentary team that calls television. So the Backlash team will be Ranallo, JBL and Otunga the entire way through.

Where'd you see that news? Not doubting you, just wondering. Must have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom