• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360: Download Full version of Fable II for free.

Gravijah

This content cannot be purchased from Xbox LIVE Web Marketplace because you do not have the latest Xbox LIVE update on your console. Please log into Xbox LIVE with your console before purchasing content from Web Marketplace.

fml

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
You'll know it works if you can get achievements in the beginning of the game. Someone try once it finishes downloading.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Princess Skittles said:
Isn't this the game that opens up with your pet dog finding a used condom?

Price doesn't seem worth it if so.

Fable 2 is so much better than the first. Even with all of molyneuxs bullshit its a solid RPG.

Aeana

Princess Skittles said:

I'm not a big fan of the game as a whole, but I think it has really interesting and fun sidequests. They were enough for me to go all the way through it and come off fairly positive on the experience in the end.

Raide

Downloading. Did not say anything about cost, so I guess it might be free. :lol Possibly a MS idea to get people ready for Fable 3?

Princess Skittles said:

OH MY GOD THAT IS SO FUCKING FUNNY!

And I honestly think it's not a demo mainly because MS wouldn't want to pay for the bandwidth of a 7Gb demo.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Thanks, it's in my queue. It said 7 GB, hope I don't have to purchase it.

Hopefully it's the full game to celebrate Fable III (el-oh-el) and a substitute for my lost 736 years of free Live.

Threi

notag
maybe this is MS' way of saying sorry for screwing GAFers out of $10000 worth of MS points and live last week

pakkit

Banned
Phase 1 is complete.

petermolyneuxfaces.jpg

Foxix Von

Ah just got into it with IE (Shudder, that was awful). Doesn't like firefox for some reason haha!

It's in my queue but for some reason it's just staying at 0%:lol

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Metalic Sand said:
Fable 2 is so much better than the first. Even with all of molyneuxs bullshit its a solid RPG.
Aeana said:
I'm not a big fan of the game as a whole, but I think it has really interesting and fun sidequests. They were enough for me to go all the way through it and come off fairly positive on the experience in the end.
Hmm, how long is it?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Alot of times when new items are added to the marketplace they are free for 10-30 minutes. This could be what happened and may be some sort of Pre-order Fable 3 get 2 for free.

Gravijah said:
This content cannot be purchased from Xbox LIVE Web Marketplace because you do not have the latest Xbox LIVE update on your console. Please log into Xbox LIVE with your console before purchasing content from Web Marketplace.

fml

I have the same damn msg. WTF?

bozeman

I think it's the full version. Last night I saw Fable II under my full games library and wondered when the hell I bought Fable II. I knew it wasn't the demo because all the achievements were there. That's when I looked it up and saw the episodes thing and realized it was just that. The site in the OP said I already purchased it, yet it's downloading the full 7 gigs right now.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
2% complete. UK here,had no problems adding it to my queue and to think i was about to buy some points because i wanted a new game to play. :lol

Booshka

Deadly said:
Mine's downloading, I'll tell you guys of the news when it's done.
same, will see what happens. I bought this when it was released, but quickly got bored and sold it for Fallout 3. I wouldn't mind giving it another go for free.

clav

The Faceless Master said:
didn't MS ban people for dling some paid FIFA DLC for free? yeah, pass.
That required manual manipulation of your Xbox 360 console in terms of pulling out the ethernet cord.

This is just a website link.

MechDX said:
The thread about this at CAG has vanished.:lol

What really?

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Princess Skittles said:
Hmm, how long is it?

I cant recall how long it was but it was atleast 20 hours i think. Could be 30-40 hours but im just playing it safe as i really dont remember.

Also for those of you playing this for the first time i recommend the Knothole island DLC which was really well done.

Nelo Ice

Banned

they exploited a glitch by disconnecting their 360 or something like that since the fifa dlc was listed at its normal price point

this is has to be a mistake and we cant be banned when its clearly free :lol

Shurs

No one is doing anything wrong. If MS banned people for this, it would be ridiculous.

JesseZao

Didn't mess with google too long, but the release date from the linked "free" version is talked about the same day 9/29/2009 in this IGN post
and it's the episodic release that you pay to unlock the chapters. The full game on demand release date was 4/2010 where the linked "free" date was 9/29/2009.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, let us know if it works asap.

I hope it does, it would be appropriate for this to be free for me since today is my birfday afterall...

think of it as a nice little gift for a long time customer, Microsoft

Swag

I am reminded of the Mass Effect 2 pre order / collectors edition dlc that Microsoft put up for free on their website as well

Will they ever learn :lol

forrest

formerly nacire
Beezy said:
I would try this if I didn't have a 20GB harddrive...

Yeah I had to delete my Halo Reach install to grab this. I have a hard copy, but I can't resist free stuff!

vazel

Banned
JesseZao said:
Didn't mess with google too long, but the release date from the linked "free" version is talked about the same day 9/29/2009 in this IGN post
and it's the episodic release that you pay to unlock the chapters. The full game on demand release date was 4/2010 where the linked "free" date was 9/29/2009.
crying.gif

DonMigs85

Gravijah said:

fml
Me too! I'm seething with rage

Capture-2.png

Top Bottom