• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 "New Experience" Mega Thread 2008 (broadband warning)

Melchiah

OPM:
opmleft4dead.jpg

Bulla564

Banned
I don't know... with my new PC and PS3, my 360 is looking a bit redundant. Any reasons why I should keep around? and no I'm not interested in You're in the Movies .

Thnaks for the hard work once again, much appreciated and such quality of a post.. this really does bring out the best of what xbox 360 has to offer and it has much to offer!!! :D

Bulla564 said:
I don't know... with my new PC and PS3, my 360 is looking a bit redundant. Any reasons why I should keep around? and no I'm not interested in You're in the Movies .

My Qx9650@4.4ghz and EVGA 9800GX2 1GB Vid card is nothing to sneeze at but even my monster rig gets far less play time then my 360 gets.

I found your remarks quite odd...hmm

On a SideNote: mark my words, watch them crawl out from everywhere with this post lol

Bulla564 said:

There are a few good reasons in the opening post, but ultimately it depends on your tastes.

eznark

Banned
Bulla564 said:

I feel the same way from time to time. Right now Too Human and some JRPG's are keeping me from selling the 360.

Bulla564 said:

eznark said:
I feel the same way from time to time. Right now Too Human and some JRPG's are keeping me from selling the 360.

We really don't posts like these in this thread. Or in any thread for that matter.

Guled

awesome list, but whats with the ps3 hating . Both systems have awesome games and you can't go wrong. Also, FF13 is not going to make it next year here in NA

saelz8 said:
Are you the post police?
No i am just saying there really is no need for console war BS from either side.

But then again this thread is only 3 pages long so some one might want to post a ps3 exclusive list or something.

Will Buy:
Mercenaries 2
Gears of War 2
Fable 2
Mirror's Edge
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead

Will Buy 2009:
Alan Wake
FF13
Halo Wars

CoG

Lostconfused said:
No i am just saying there really is no need for console war BS from either side.

But then again this thread is only 3 pages long so some one might want to post a ps3 exclusive list or something.

Why not just take out ads (both MS and Sony) because that's all these types of threads read like? Plus they always just lead to system warz.

CoG said:
Why not just take out ads (both MS and Sony) because that's all these types of threads read like.

Ads? How about comprehensive list of games with release dates?

A pretty significant resource. It's not telling you to buy the games or the system any more than a stroll through the Games Section at Best Buy.

Gowans

This year is going to be another great year to be a gamer.

On 360 alone (my primary system) I'm getting these beuts for defo and I have a long list of maybes too (and a tonne of XBLA)

Castle Crashers NOT LONG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
&

Mirrors Edge
Prince of Persia
Left4Dead
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Banjo Kazooe Nuts & Bolts
Viva Pineta 2
Dead Space
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Sonic Unleashed
Far Cry 2
Street Fighter IV
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Mercs 2
Too Human
Dark Void
Soul Caliber IV
Afro Samurai
Tom Clancy H.A.W.X.
Saints Row 2
Tomb Raider Underworld
Project Origin
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero World Tour

The one thing I wish is that it was sorted into aprox release dates to I can bookmark this thread and see whats next.

I'm not sure if I want Galaga yet or not. I played it back on the arcades and always liked it but I'm not sure how much I would play it on a console. :lol

Castle Crashers is mine though. For awhile it was the only game my brother and I were waiting for a long time back at launch.

saelz8

Lostconfused said:

If the guy feels like the 360 lineup is redundant, given the other platforms he owns, that's his prerogative. It's a reality, many of those games are being released on the PC.

The exclusives themselves have to be enough for the owner to feel like he's getting his moneys worth, and that's a taste driven measurement each person has to make for themselves.

widgetraf

Projectjustice said:
Im getting:

DMC4
Turok
Lost Odessey
Ninja Gaiden 2
DBZ Burst Limit
SC4
Madden 09
Too Human
Inifinite Discovery
Saints Row 2
Starwars Forced Unleashed
Fallout 3
Golden Axe Beast Riders
Endwar
Dead Space
Fable 2
Spiderman Web of Shadows
Naruto the broken bond
Gears of War 2
MK vs DC
Mirrors Edge
Prince of Persia
The Last Remnant
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Mega Man 9
RE5
Street Fighter 4
Alan Wake
FFXIII

Seriously, who the hell needs a PS3 for gaming.:lol

OOOOOOOOHHHH SNAAAP

Shins

Banned
CoG said:
Why not just take out ads (both MS and Sony) because that's all these types of threads read like? Plus they always just lead to system warz.
Why not take the time to compile such a resource for the other consoles, or if that doesn't get you off, ignore this topic entirely?

I'd find the former very useful, but the latter will serve.

Banned
saelz8 said:
If the guy feels like the 360 lineup is redundant, given the other platforms he owns, that's his prerogative. It's a reality, many of those games are being released on the PC.
The exclusives themselves have to be enough for the owner to feel like he's getting his moneys worth, and that's a taste driven measurement each person has to make for themselves.

But not all. Also, plenty of people are console only gamers so some of the games coming to the PC means nothing to them.

whitehawk

Banned
Projectjustice said:
Im getting:

DMC4
Turok
Lost Odessey
Ninja Gaiden 2
DBZ Burst Limit
SC4
Madden 09
Too Human
Inifinite Discovery
Saints Row 2
Starwars Forced Unleashed
Fallout 3
Golden Axe Beast Riders
Endwar
Dead Space
Fable 2
Spiderman Web of Shadows
Naruto the broken bond
Gears of War 2
MK vs DC
Mirrors Edge
Prince of Persia
The Last Remnant
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Mega Man 9
RE5
Street Fighter 4
Alan Wake

FFXIII

Seriously, who the hell needs a PS3 for gaming.:lol
Man, people are buying so many bad games. The bolded are the ones I would get. And why is there no Skate 2 on that list? You fail.

FoeHammer

Awesome thread, holy shit at that monster lineup.

The only critique I can offer is that Rise of the Argonauts is missing from that list. Everything I've seen on it looks amazing and I believe it's due in September.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
whitehawk said:
Man, people are buying so many bad games. The bolded are the ones I would get. And why is there no Skate 2 on that list? You fail.
Skate 2 is 09, you fail

derder said:
I'm going to be so fucking poor. MS really knows how to take my money: with great games.

Yep. I need about 3000 microsoft points to get some of these must have XBLA titles (maybe more than 3000), a shit ton for the kickass fall lineup and money for a harddrive and wireless mic.

Gamefly should save me a couple of hundred dollars at least though.

Awesome thread btw.

Games like Viva Pinata 2, Fable 2, and Banjo aren't getting enough love around these forums. They look absolutely stunning.

Philthy

saelz8 said:

Did you even look at the list? Hardly any are coming to PC. Jesus Christ.

saelz8

Philthy said:
Did you even look at the list? Hardly any are coming to PC. Jesus Christ.

Burnout paradise
Devil may cry 4
Turok
The Club
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Grand theft auto 4
GRID
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
Unreal tournament 3
Mercenaries 2
Brother in arms: Hell's Highway
Just Cause 2
Lego Batman
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Farcry 2
Fallout 3
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Dead Space
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty: World at War
Mirrors Edge
FIFA 09
Prince of Persia
Tomb Raider Underworld
Commanders: Attack of the Genos
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Braid
Street Fighter 4
Alan Wake

Shins

Banned
whitehawk said:
Man, people are buying so many bad games.
I'm not going to stand in the way of what others are into, but the long lists do always take me a little aback. I'm buying three or four games this fall/winter, and it feels like overindulgence. :lol

Yeah, the list of games I want to get is far too long to be sensible. I'm going to try to get it down to 1 or 2 new retail games per month with a smattering of downloadable games in between, and then I can pick up the other stuff for cheap during quieter periods next year.

goldenpp72

A lot of these games are coming to pcs, I think I got most of the ones coming to pc and 360 on the list as well, the thing is, 99.9 percent of the gamers in our world do not own a rig capable of competing with the 360 or ps3, which is why to most of the world these are huge games.

Pc doesn't suck, if you own an amazing one, but I can't even get games like UT3 to run on low setting on my 1600 dollar laptop.

Of course it's ok to not be impressed by 360 but most of the world would be.

saelz8

Karma said:
But not all. Also, plenty of people are console only gamers so some of the games coming to the PC means nothing to them.
Of course not all, which is why I said that it's a decision people have to make for themselves, whether these overlaps warrant owning specific consoles.

I wanted to make clear that someone contemplating software redundancy between the platforms that they own doesn't amount to fanboy wars, or what have you. That poster specifically mentioned owning a PC, PS3, and a 360.

Fuck, see, this is how threads get derailed! I'm guilty.

Gowans

I'm going yo go through this and pick out a picking up order/schedule.

goldenpp72 - It would be amazing could you add a Google Calender with the aprox release dates filled in to the op?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
GarthVaderUK said:
Yeah, the list of games I want to get is far too long to be sensible. I'm going to try to get it down to 1 or 2 new retail games per month with a smattering of downloadable games in between, and then I can pick up the other stuff for cheap during quieter periods next year.

To hell with being sensible. I'm just glad I don't have any other vices that takes money away. All I have is gaming and my wife lets me indulge. :D

Excellent OP all around but I would add Frontlines:Fuel of War and Golf Tee it up on there. Frontlines especially as it is a better game than Battlefield but without the marketing support.

I'd also think about putting Pure on there as I think it is going to surprise a few people.

Top Bottom